Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why would the town Union be against GPS in vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Dealing with pulling a kid hanging from a ceiling fan, a wife after they got the sh*t beat of our her by a drunk husband, or a OD is a lot different than finning in pot holes or mowing lawns. That's why there is a pay difference dummy.

As someone who worked summers for a town, the waste of full-time townies is almost comical. It's a running joke on how they milk the clock. That's why you need GPS for them. It's to babysit donutins on the towns dime. Pretty sure you're one of them. You're too stupid to be anything else.
    The police work a 8 hr shift, the highway dept only works 6.5 and sanitation works 6hrs...yet both get paid 8hrs, PLUS 8hrs of Retirement credit, then the CBA says they get overtime after 8hrs that they only worked 6-6.5.

The town board and not the CBA's can demand cuts to OT at any time to any department.

The CBAC has recommended cuts to OT all 4 years it has been in existence.

I would like a study done, officially or otherwise to see how productive each fulltime employee actually is.

I would also like to see the employees work 8hrs/day, not including lunches and breaks just like in the private sector. This 8hr inclusive of lunch and breaks is BS which leads to the loss of productivity of 7.5hrs per week or 360/yr per employee based on 48weeks worked per yr. The OT after 8hrs is more BS only in the government. That should be after 40hrs.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would like a study done, officially or otherwise to see how productive each fulltime employee actually is.
    Privatize everything.

The town board should be working in the property owner's best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Privatize everything.

The town board should be working in the property owner's best interest.
    The CBA's that our town boards have agreed to in the past will not allow that, until that is changed the unions are controlling our town boards ability to properly manage in the taxpayers best interest. Then you have the special interest , friends and family's of board members influencing each and every board member, it is really stacked against the tax payer as most just don't give a **** to take the time to pressure the board.
    Last edited by Electric Eye; August 22nd, 2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    The police work a 8 hr shift, the highway dept only works 6.5 and sanitation works 6hrs...yet both get paid 8hrs, PLUS 8hrs of Retirement credit, then the CBA says they get overtime after 8hrs that they only worked 6-6.5.

The town board and not the CBA's can demand cuts to OT at any time to any department.

The CBAC has recommended cuts to OT all 4 years it has been in existence.

I would also like to see the employees work 8hrs/day, not including lunches and breaks just like in the private sector. This 8hr inclusive of lunch and breaks is BS which leads to the loss of productivity of 7.5hrs per week or 360/yr per employee based on 48weeks worked per yr. The OT after 8hrs is more BS only in the government. That should be after 40hrs.

I think I averaged about 4hrs of 'work' when I worked for the highway dept per day.

7:00am - Day starts
    7:15am - Get assignment
    7:45am - Leave dept to site
    8:00/8:30am - Arrive on site and work depending on location.
    9:30-10:00am - 'Coffee break' that was really breakfast
    10:15/10:20am - Travel Back to site and work.
    11:30am-12:30pm - Lunch
    12:45/12:50 - Travel Back to site and work.
    1:30-1:50 - 'Water break' that was a long trip to a 7/11 store.
    2:00 - Travel back to site and work
    2:45 - Pack up for the day and travel back to near the dept.
    3:00-3:25 - Find a tree ~5 minutes away to sit under and wait
    3:25 - Leave to dept
    3:30 - clock out

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    The CBA's that our town boards have agreed to in the past will not allow that, until that is changed the unions are controlling our town boards ability to properly manage in the taxpayers best interest. Then you have the special interest , friends and family's of board members influencing each and every board member, it is really stacked against the tax payer as most just don't give a **** to take the time to pressure the board.
    I thought if we had 7 votes on the town board they win and the losers just whine about it? Nogods said that many times.

Why won't the town board work in our best interest?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information