Thread: Here is what I find disturbing - Tim Kennedy

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Here is what I find disturbing - Tim Kennedy

What I find disturbing is when the "government" tells a business how they need to operate. I don't mean when "Government" tells a business not to dump chemicals into a lake or pollute the air. This is basic operations of running a business. They need to stay competitive against other coffee shops and businesses.

Tim Kennedy

Reports of three Spot Coffee workers being terminated for trying to organize a union are deeply disturbing and should be addressed and rectified immediately by Spot’s executive board.
    https://www.facebook.com/SenKennedy/...17667471591512

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What I find disturbing is when the "government" tells a business how they need to operate. I don't mean when "Government" tells a business not to dump chemicals into a lake or pollute the air. This is basic operations of running a business. They need to stay competitive against other coffee shops and businesses.

https://www.facebook.com/SenKennedy/...17667471591512
    That's probably is the employees' side of the story.
    They were probably terminated for other reasons like job performance, insubordination, violation of the attendance policy, etc

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well we don't know that for sure.

I'm just surprised an elected official would chime in on this. Did Tim ever own a business with multiple employees before he was elected?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well we don't know that for sure.

I'm just surprised an elected official would chime in on this. Did Tim ever own a business with multiple employees before he was elected?
    I guess, he is a budinski. Also. who knows if the employees were trying to organize during work time?

Can Spot coffee discuss confidential personnel issues?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    From the Buffalo News

State Sen. Tim Kennedy is calling for a boycott of Spot Coffee after the company fired three employees who were involved in a fledgling union organizing drive.

Sen. Tim Kennedy urges Spot Coffee boycott after controversial firings

State Sen. Tim Kennedy is calling for a boycott of Spot Coffee after the company fired three employees who were involved in a fledgling union organizing drive.

"Spot Coffee executives need to answer for these unlawful terminations, and until they do so, I urge Western New Yorkers to boycott their locations," the Buffalo Democrat said in a statement released Thursday. Kennedy described the company's actions as "deeply disturbing."

Spot employees and supporters of the fired workers gathered outside the company's Hertel Avenue location on Thursday morning to protest its decision to terminate the employees.

The company responded to developments Thursday afternoon on its Facebook page, saying that its leaders were prepared to defend the firings before the National Labor Relations Board.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/04/s...OiGiX4GnaoL40E

From: https://www.nlrb.gov/rights-we-prote...nd-obligations

Examples of employer conduct that violates the law:

• Threatening employees with loss of jobs or benefits if they join or vote for a union or engage in protected concerted activity.
    • Threatening to close the plant if employees select a union to represent them.
    • Questioning employees about their union sympathies or activities in circumstances that tend to interfere with, restrain or coerce employees in the exercise of their rights under the Act.
    • Promising benefits to employees to discourage their union support.
    • Transferring, laying off, terminating, assigning employees more difficult work tasks, or otherwise punishing employees because they engaged in union or protected concerted activity.
    • Transferring, laying off, terminating, assigning employees more difficult work tasks, or otherwise punishing employees because they filed unfair labor practice charges or participated in an investigation conducted by NLRB.

Examples of labor organization conduct that violates the law:

• Threats to employees that they will lose their jobs unless they support the union.
    • Seeking the suspension, discharge or other punishment of an employee for not being a union member even if the employee has paid or offered to pay a lawful initiation fee and periodic fees thereafter.
    • Refusing to process a grievance because an employee has criticized union officials or because an employee is not a member of the union in states where union security clauses are not permitted.
    • Fining employees who have validly resigned from the union for engaging in protected concerted activities following their resignation or for crossing an unlawful picket line.
    • Engaging in picket line misconduct, such as threatening, assaulting, or barring non-strikers from the employer's premises.
    • Striking over issues unrelated to employment terms and conditions or coercively enmeshing neutrals into a labor dispute.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tim Kennedy is a clown. As I said in another thread recently, the likes of him and Sean Ryan would be cleaning toilets at the NFTA bus station if the Democratic Totalitarians didn’t put them up for elected office. But hey, it’s probably unionized.

Thread Information