Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CONGRATULATIONS to Ron Ruffalo! BIG Conservative Win!

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    You meant Ruffino voted ‘no’ to the proposed 2019 budget in 2018, right?
    Yes, he did but I was speaking of the "No' vote in 2017 for the 2018 budget.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...%98no%E2%80%99

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Yes, he did but I was speaking of the "No' vote in 2017 for the 2018 budget.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...%98no%E2%80%99
    While you continue to savage Ms. Gaczewski (a registered Conservative) and laude Mr. Ruffino as the true fiscal conservative of the two for voting against the last two budgets, I caution weighing Ruffino’s last two years in office vs his previous 15 years as a council member, his failed attempt to get the Democratic Party endorsement for Supervisor in 2016, and the Conservative Party endorsements in the past few elections. Yes, he did win the Conservative Party line this year because of a large number of write-ins.

I did write favorably of Ruffino’s ‘no’ vote on the budget. It was the right thing to do – IMHO. The 2017 budget had four new hires budgeted. I can't remember how Ruffino voted on those hires.

Gaczewski has a lot of explaining to do, but don’t think for a minute that Ruffino will not be put under the microscope and equally savaged. And, I am quite sure you have heard the expression: “throw away vote”. It was refreshing to see Ruffino present at the last two budget votes as he had missed so many previous budget votes being away on vacation.

BTW – The rumors you are referring to are exactly that; unfounded gossip until verified. Some of the rumors I have heard regarding promised patronage government jobs, appointed position changes, and vindictive payback are too frightening to be believable. And yet, everything is politics and anything is possible in politics.

It should be an interesting election campaign when politicians are so disliked and mistrusted today and when we just witnessed a cluster-f*** of a town primary.

It was refreshing to see Ruffino present at the last two budget votes as he had missed so many previous budget votes being away on vacation.
    Yes, a mandatory vacation. He has been present for the last four budget votes and voted 'Yes" for Fudoli's last budget and 'No' the last three budgets.

From NYS Department of Financial Services -
    The New York State Banking Department considers it to be a prudent business practice for every bank, and branch or agency of a foreign banking corporation, to promulgate and maintain a written vacation policy which, at a minimum, covers those officers and employees involved or engaged in transactional business or having the ability to change the official records of the institution. This policy should also cover all other staffers who are capable of influencing or causing such activities to occur. The Department strongly recommends that all traders be covered by the policy.

Employees in such sensitive positions should be required to take at least two (2) consecutive weeks of vacation (or other leave) on an annual basis. During such time, the officer or employee must be off-site and off-line. In other words, not only should he/she be physically absent from your premises, but he/she should also not be permitted to effect any transactions or other banking business from off-site, such as through an off-site computer link.

Georgia L Schlager

It should be an interesting election campaign when politicians are so disliked and mistrusted today and when we just witnessed a cluster-f*** of a town primary

Yes, who'd a 'thunk' it.
    In fact, it's too long of an election season for me.
    I think, I'll save any more election posting until the fall.

Georgia L Schlager

Yes, a mandatory vacation. He has been present for the last four budget votes and voted 'Yes" for Fudoli's last budget and 'No' the last three budgets.

From NYS Department of Financial Services -
    The New York State Banking Department considers it to be a prudent business practice for every bank, and branch or agency of a foreign banking corporation, to promulgate and maintain a written vacation policy which, at a minimum, covers those officers and employees involved or engaged in transactional business or having the ability to change the official records of the institution. This policy should also cover all other staffers who are capable of influencing or causing such activities to occur. The Department strongly recommends that all traders be covered by the policy.

Employees in such sensitive positions should be required to take at least two (2) consecutive weeks of vacation (or other leave) on an annual basis. During such time, the officer or employee must be off-site and off-line. In other words, not only should he/she be physically absent from your premises, but he/she should also not be permitted to effect any transactions or other banking business from off-site, such as through an off-site computer link.
    So you are saying that his service in the financial world impacts his ability to fully represent his constituents?

If his full time employment required the exemption you stated, did not the voters have a right to know that he was incapable of providing them with full service?

If the mandatory vacation is applicable to his public trust, perhaps Mr. Ruffino's past and present personal need for part time work would have been best remedied by service in an area functionally unrelated to his full time employment, say a night watchman, a store clerk, or a checker at a local supermarket?

EVEN IF your illustration applied to Ruffino's service as an elected official, it seems that he had fifty (50) alternative weeks to choose for this so-called "mandatory vacation."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; July 7th, 2019 at 04:53 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin

why did this get written into the books? What triggered the reason to have this on the book in the first place?

If his full time employment required the exemption you stated, did not the voters have a right to know that he was incapable of providing them with full service?
    Exactly what is "full" service for a town council person and/or supervisor?

Seems a lot of time of those positions is still party support and "events" that are not necessarily any value to the property owners.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    why did this get written into the books? What triggered the reason to have this on the book in the first place?

Exactly what is "full" service for a town council person and/or supervisor?

Seems a lot of time of those positions is still party support and "events" that are not necessarily any value to the property owners.
    Res, these comments...

...refer to the full discharge of his sworn duties as Town Council Member.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I called the BOE and they said the Official results won't be posted until Monday or Tuesday
    Well, Tuesday is gone and still no BOE official primary tally. With all the deceit and double-dealing that took place in the Lancaster primary, how could one not suspect Lancaster is not suspect for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Well, Tuesday is gone and still no BOE official primary tally. With all the deceit and double-dealing that took place in the Lancaster primary, how could one not suspect Lancaster is not suspect for the delay.
    I did see this political twitter account of Jeremy Zellner yesterday, saying "Congratulations to Ron Ruffino for Lancaster Supervisor and Town Council candidate Dave Mazur for winning the Conservative Party write in! 5:49 PM - 8 Jul 2019"

https://twitter.com/ZellnerforECDC?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

With all the deceit and double-dealing
    Please allow me to swipe your quote here to add that GOP town supervisor candidate Dawn Gaczewski certainly has gone all-in with Lancaster Town Republican Chairman Greg Sojka, evidenced by the Village Events Coordinator ceding the job of lining up participants in the 4th of July Parade to the Republican chairman.

Yeah, in order to be in the non-political parade, you had to check in with the political Chairman Sojka, before the parade, in order to get your parade slot.

What's that all about, readers?

Hmmmmm?

I'm surprised Joe Gallo wasn't checking people in, too.

Maybe poor Joe was too busy sobbing in his morning porridge after seeing most of his candidates lose in the primary.

Poor fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I did see this political twitter account of Jeremy Zellner yesterday, saying "Congratulations to Ron Ruffino for Lancaster Supervisor and Town Council candidate Dave Mazur for winning the Conservative Party write in! 5:49 PM - 8 Jul 2019"

https://twitter.com/ZellnerforECDC?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Thank you, Robert for sharing that information. Outside of Speakup, I have no social media accounts.

I hear there were a lot of primary shenanigans taking place in other communities as well, so that may be the reason for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Please allow me to swipe your quote here to add that GOP town supervisor candidate Dawn Gaczewski certainly has gone all-in with Lancaster Town Republican Chairman Greg Sojka, evidenced by the Village Events Coordinator ceding the job of lining up participants in the 4th of July Parade to the Republican chairman.

Yeah, in order to be in the non-political parade, you had to check in with the political Chairman Sojka, before the parade, in order to get your parade slot.

What's that all about, readers?

Hmmmmm?

I'm surprised Joe Gallo wasn't checking people in, too.

Maybe poor Joe was too busy sobbing in his morning porridge after seeing most of his candidates lose in the primary.

Poor fella!
    A non-political Lancaster Fourth of July parade? Has there ever been such a thing? Everything is politics when there is a crowd, a camera or a reporter. Up from the bowels of the earth will arise a politician for a photo opt.

Were you around for the Giza parades? What was the name of that useless, silly water-craft the town bought and that he rode in at a few of the parades?

I fail to understand the importance or relevance of this post. I had attended several Fourth of July parades in the past and have seen the latitude given both major parties in lining up their soldiers according to perceived importance.

May I ask what Gaczewski did in 2015 when she was running as a Democratic Council member?

She has been endorsed this year by the Republican Party, so, why shouldn’t she be all-in with the Party Chair?

I hope you are not posting on the taxpayers’ dime.

Without reference to the obvious pettiness, I fail to understand the importance or relevance of this post.
    I too fail to understand the relevance of the post.

To be sure, there was a political element to this parade. as there has been with every such event here in Lancaster and throughout the nation.

But, the parade primarily honored our nation, our veterans and our first responders.

The politicians, IMHO appropriately, seem to have been relegated behind the true non-political contingents, such as our veterans.

To be fair to Speak Up's resident political operative poster, I did pursue Bobby's complaint/observation.

To wit, my cousin marched with the VFW, and I queried if there were any problems with the parade's organization or other complaints.

This is our text exchange today:

MY FIRST TEXT:

Just a question:

I assume that NAME REDACTED marched with the VFW in the July 4 parade.

Did he have any complaints about the organization or functions of the
    parade organizer?
    COUSIN'S RESPONSE:

Yes he did March. I would have to ask him.
    MY RESPONSE:

Please do.
    COUSIN RESPONSE:

No NAME REDACTED did not have or get any complaints....they are the 1st group to march though.

Seems to me like the parade organizers, especially Sojka, properly, honored our veterans first, and placed patriotism before politics.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; July 10th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

My bad, this is not Lee's quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec

Without reference to the obvious pettiness, I fail to understand the importance or relevance of this post.
    This is Lee's quote:

I fail to understand the importance or relevance of this post.
    "Without reference to the obvious pettiness..." where my misplaced words.

A non-political Lancaster Fourth of July parade? Has there ever been such a thing? Everything is politics when there is a crowd, a camera or a reporter. Up from the bowels of the earth will arise a politician for a photo opt.

Were you around for the Giza parades? What was the name of that useless, silly water-craft the town bought and that he rode in at a few of the parades?

I fail to understand the importance or relevance of this post. I had attended several Fourth of July parades in the past and have seen the latitude given both major parties in lining up their soldiers according to perceived importance.

May I ask what Gaczewski did in 2015 when she was running as a Democratic Council member?

She has been endorsed this year by the Republican Party, so, why shouldn’t she be all-in with the Party Chair?

I hope you are not posting on the taxpayers’ dime.
    Speaking is useless, this is the same man (Lee Chowaniec) who tried to cram Fudoli and Brainard down the throats of voters. Ha! Nice try.

Oh, and yawn on the "silly water-craft" - which you use over and over and over with one big whimper after another.

Please!

My comment on the parade is just that: Just saying!

And it does say a lot.

Check the past posts of mine and you'll see about my employment, just part-time at this point (and back then, too) which is not on the taxpayers' dime, pal. You and Dawn's online campaign manager also have my name wrong, too, once again, but my mommy always said, "as long as they don't call you late for dinner."

HeHe!

Either way, you have to give the Dems credit for pulling off this stunning Conservative Party victory, pretty significant, especially swiping the line from a member of the party and their leadership. From what my Republican pals report, a lot of the local GOP is also not on board of the Sojka-Gaczewski Train! LOL

I think they are just turned off my Sojka. I could understand why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information