Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CONGRATULATIONS to Ron Ruffalo! BIG Conservative Win!

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Shouldn’t we be looking at ‘what can you do for our community today’ and choosing the best candidate on facts and proposed issue solving?

You're darn right, Lee.

Here are the reasons Ruffino stated that he voted 'NO' to the 2018 proposed budget

• The town’s spending is setting us up for future failure

• In 2016 the town’s budget was $31,112,852; in 2017 it was $32,326,923; in this budget $33,392,261 That is a $2.279 million increase (7.33%)

• With current development the town can handle it. But such spending will not be sustainable as development in the future diminishes and then stops.

Yet, the other candidate voted 'YES'

Can that leopard change her spots?

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    Just kind of a weird election Gorja.

Gaczewski, I think won the absentee ballots. It was the number of writes which threw me.

But, as I said previously, fasten your seat belt.
    So what are the numbers, Mark?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So what are the numbers, Mark?
    How would I know?

Last I heard, by non-authoritative rumor, was that Ms. Dawn had won the absentee, but that there were many "write-ins" to be counted.

Sorry to say, I'm not a political hack like "Bobby," and responded to this "I'm so excited I have to pee thread," because he brought the name "blewjewski" into the conversation.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

As the Conservative party will be supporting their endorsed candidate not the voter's choice,
    it seems the Democratic committee may not be supporting any individual for town clerk as their shirts only have
    " BRUSO RUFFINO MCCRACKEN MAZUR" on them.

Does anyone know who the Republican committee is supporting for town clerk?

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    How would I know?
    Sorry Mark. I thought maybe you may have heard from one of the party chairmen.

Georgia L Schlager

As the Conservative party will be supporting their endorsed candidate not the voter's choice,
    it seems the Democratic committee may not be supporting any individual for town clerk as their shirts only have
    " BRUSO RUFFINO MCCRACKEN MAZUR" on them.

Does anyone know who the Republican committee is supporting for town clerk?
    "Howard Sprague ?"
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Sorry Mark. I thought maybe you may have heard from one of the party chairmen.
    No, my information did not directly come from any party chair person.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I'm gullible but not that gullible. I assumed you did not hear from a chairman when you wrote this -
    Last I heard, by non-authoritative rumor, was that Ms. Dawn had won the absentee, but that there were many "write-ins" to be counted.

That's why I said, "Sorry Mark" after reading that. In your post #14, I wasn't sure where the info came from.

Georgia L Schlager

I'm gullible but not that gullible.
    I hope we are not talking past each other Ms. Gorja. I wrote...

My source(s) were passing on hearsay information, but did not directly participate in the tabulations.

I did not write: "No, my information did not come directly from any party chair."

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

Shouldn’t we be looking at ‘what can you do for our community today’ and choosing the best candidate on facts and proposed issue solving? Otherwise, is there a candidate worthy enough for our consideration? Screw the party affiliation claptrap!
    Very well stated as always Mr. C.

I hope we are not talking past each other Ms. Gorja. I wrote...

My source(s) were passing on hearsay information, but did not directly participate in the tabulations.

I did not write: "No, my information did not come directly from any party chair."
    Mark, I totally understand what you meant when you said a non-authoritative rumor.
    I got it.

And I just sent my party affiliation change form in for the 2020 election.

Georgia L Schlager

Mark, I totally understand what you meant when you said a non-authoritative rumor.
    I got it.

And I just sent my party affiliation change form in for the 2020 election.

You're darn right, Lee.

Here are the reasons Ruffino stated that he voted 'NO' to the 2018 proposed budget

• In 2016 the town’s budget was $31,112,852; in 2017 it was $32,326,923; in this budget $33,392,261 That is a $2.279 million increase (7.33%)

• With current development the town can handle it. But such spending will not be sustainable as development in the future diminishes and then stops.

Can that leopard change her spots?[/SIZE][/FONT]

The town’s budget in 2016 was $31,882,387.

You meant Ruffino voted ‘no’ to the proposed 2019 budget in 2018, right?

The increase in spending over three years (using the corrected numbers) is $1,509,874; an increase of 4.73%, (1.58% annual average).

Some budget numbers of interest

The 2016 budget was Supervisor Fudoli’s last budget and that budget called for a tax increase of 0.58%; $906.75 for property assessed at $100,000 - $962.15 when he took office in 2013.

2017 budget – 0.11% tax decrease; $905.79 per $100,000 of property assessment (-$0.96)

2018 budget – 2.47% tax increase; $928.15 per $100,000 of property assessment (+$22.36)

2019 budget – 2.77% tax increase; $953.88 per $100,000 of property assessment (+$25.73).

A home assessed at $200,000 would have seen a tax increase of $95 over the last three years.

Mr. Ruffino’s caution that “such spending will not be sustainable as development in the future diminishes and then stops” is something many of us have voiced concerns over for years. However, if Mr. Ruffino were to not acknowledge his role in the spending over the years, that would be disingenuous.

Lastly, there is justified spending (infrastructure, codes, services, etc.) and spending on unexplained hiring practices.

You're darn right, Lee.

Can that leopard change her spots?[/SIZE][/FONT]
    The authenticity of Ruffino's "No" votes are questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    The authenticity of Ruffino's "No" votes are questionable.
    Perhaps "Reckless Showboat Restraint" may be a functional term to reference Ruffino's vote on "Standby Authority" Neubs?

It may be analogous to a lion tamer performing with an elderly toothless beast. Chances of the lion hurting the tamer are very low indeed, and the performer's skill and bravery should be measured accordingly.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; July 6th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information