Thread: Desiderio as tax receiver; Perish the thought

Desiderio as tax receiver; Perish the thought

It seems that Anne Desiderio has been a defendant with different financial institutions being the plaintiff in more than one case.

Is this how a Receiver of over $90 million in taxes would manage the funds in their department?

Disclaimer: The candidate may have been a defendant which does not necessarily mean that she was guilty of anything.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It seems that Anne Desiderio has been a defendant with different financial institutions being the plaintiff in more than one case.

Is this how a Receiver of over $90 million in taxes would manage the funds in their department?

Disclaimer: The candidate may have been a defendant which does not necessarily mean that she was guilty of anything.
    I wonder if the vetting process would have caught this?

In her mailers, Ms. Desiderio said that she wants to "Utilize the Town Clerk's office as a way a way to increase transparency in town government."

Before she is perhaps elected, Ms. Desiderio needs to explain these proceedings in order to foster confidence in her own campaign transparency with the voters, IMHO.

In my opinion, it would seem that the Lancaster Republican Town Committee and the Lancaster Conservative Party may have had it right with their endorsements of Diane Terranova.

Kudos to Sojka, Lemaster, and Gallo.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; July 1st, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    I wonder if the vetting process would have caught this?

In her mailers, Ms. Desiderio said that she wants to "Utilize the Town Clerk's office as a way a way to increase transparency in town government."

Before she is perhaps elected, Ms. Desiderio needs to explain these proceedings in order to foster confidence in her own campaign transparency with the voters, IMHO.
    Exactly.

Posted by mark blazejewski:
    In my opinion, it would seem that the Lancaster Republican Town Committee and the Lancaster Conservative Party may have had it right with their endorsements of Diane Terranova.
    My bad, I had understood that Desiderio did NOT interview with the committees.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Exactly.

My bad, I had understood that Desiderio did NOT interview with the committees.
    AS I UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED:

No, you are correct Gorja, Desiderio did not interview with the committees. I certainly do not believe I suggested otherwise.

I have repeatedly stated that Terranova withstood a strenuous interview process and vetting, and Desiderio did not.

To be clear, I understand that the Lancaster Town Committee publicly solicited for candidates, and Desiderio DID NOT respond to those solicitations with a letter of interest.

Ergo, she was not interviewed or vetted.

As I see it, the Lancaster Republican Town Committee endorsed the candidate(s) that did express an interest in the Town Clerk's position, sit for an interview, and vetting.

IMHO, it made the right decision.

Desiderio's primary challenge came AFTER the entire endorsement process, and the information you posted today was heretofore unknown, at least to me.

I definitely agree that they endorsed the right person in Terranova.
    Maybe, I should have poked around on Erie county records earlier.

Georgia L Schlager

Maybe its time that nick langworthy, ralph mohr and melissa heath lobby the trump white house to appoint anne desiderio to trumps administration! She would be a perfect fit for the trump swamp administration!! After all what more could you expect from one of ralph mohr and melissa heath's hand chosen candidates other then shady and slimy! I would bet the farm theres more to come!

Thread Information