Dog park plans announced for Como Lake Park in Lancaster

LANCASTER, N.Y. — Plans for another dog park in Erie County were announced on Thursday.

County Executive Mark Poloncarz and members of Lancaster Unleashed were on hand for the announcement at Como Lake Park. It will be the third such space at an Erie County park, joining Black Rock Canal Park and Ellicott Creek Park.

"This new area will be a great space for dog lovers and their four-legged friends to enjoy some outdoors with others at Como Lake Park," Poloncarz said. "And I thank Parks Commissioner (Daniel) Rizzo, Legislator (John) Bruso, and our partners at Lancaster Unleashed for their hard work and perseverance in guiding this process."
https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/lo...sghoOH6Nr6ud2c

Previous article

At this point organizers aren't quite sure how much money they would need. They estimate it could be somewhere in the ball park of $50,000.
Personally I'd rather not see town money spent on a fireworks show and the money go towards a dog park. There are multiple firework shows throughout Erie County so it's not like people couldn't go see fireworks if they wanted to.

I'm looking at it as a something that might attract people to the town compared to fireworks.

I was told previous fireworks at town park cost us at least 25k just in police over time. 2 years of that could be a dog park.

But I do see this comment

Members of Lancaster Unleashed said more than anything they need people to get behind their mission and support the cause.

"It is for anybody," Penziul said. "It's open to anybody to come to it and we really need support from the whole community, not just the Lancaster area."
I wonder if they mean "anybody" in Erie County or anybody in Lancaster.