Thread: Grab our popcorn. Matt vs Alan

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Grab our popcorn. Matt vs Alan

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Personally Matt is wasting people's time with this but I think the exchange is going to be interesting.

A couple of observations:

1 - In an interesting run down on his billings with Erie County here - https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/05...arz-patronage/ That also mentions a change of firms. It's strange that someone would go from a partner at one law firm to an associate at another.

2 - It's also interesting that Matt seems to be having a complete melt down in posting this same thing on Twitter and Alan is just messing Twitter support for assistance and retweeting his followers posting info on Matt. It's strange that some sort of defamation suit wasn't the first step.

IDK, either Matt has some dirt on Alan and is going all in or he has lost it mentally and is about to owe a lot of money to Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    A couple of observations:

1 - In an interesting run down on his billings with Erie County here - https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/05...arz-patronage/ That also mentions a change of firms. It's strange that someone would go from a partner at one law firm to an associate at another.

2 - It's also interesting that Matt seems to be having a complete melt down in posting this same thing on Twitter and Alan is just messing Twitter support for assistance and retweeting his followers posting info on Matt. It's strange that some sort of defamation suit wasn't the first step.

IDK, either Matt has some dirt on Alan and is going all in or he has lost it mentally and is about to owe a lot of money to Alan.
    Hiya.

I went from a partner at one firm to an associate at another because I needed a job, and this was the one that was available and offered to me. I'm not making any more or less money - actually more, because I'm W2 and not K1 and don't have to do quarterlies anymore.

Matt is having a meltdown indeed, and all I did was comment on a report in the CBC about him and his website.

Well that and I responded to his idiotic and error-laden attempt to take me down here.

In response to me mocking him over the fact that the Canadian equivalent of 60 Minutes spent a good 15 - 20 minutes letting the world know that he runs a fake news site, he called me fat (predictable), so grotesque that he feels badly for my wife (a bit much), and asked if I had Poloncarz's male member in my mouth. All what I would term harassment. I mean, to me engaging in a political debate or criticizing a media outlet is not harassment. Calling someone fat and ugly that their wife wouldn't want to have sex with them is harassment. Not only that, but he sent that image that Res posted above not only to his entire email listserv, but to all of the lawyers at my firm. That, to me, is a startling escalation and indicative that this person is a bit unhinged, to be kind.

I actually consulted with a defamation lawyer and he basically said that litigation or threats of litigation are costly and could backfire, and that instead I could use my "bully pulpit" to fight back. So, tomorrow morning there will be a comprehensive look at the Public website about all of this from soup to nuts.

I can assure you that Matt has no dirt because there's no dirt to have. I work, I pay my taxes, I send my kids to school, and I live a pretty sedate lifestyle. I do confess to enjoying Broadway musicals, but that's thanks to my kids.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Hiya.

I went from a partner at one firm to an associate at another because I needed a job, and this was the one that was available and offered to me. I'm not making any more or less money - actually more, because I'm W2 and not K1 and don't have to do quarterlies anymore.

Matt is having a meltdown indeed, and all I did was comment on a report in the CBC about him and his website.

Well that and I responded to his idiotic and error-laden attempt to take me down here.

In response to me mocking him over the fact that the Canadian equivalent of 60 Minutes spent a good 15 - 20 minutes letting the world know that he runs a fake news site, he called me fat (predictable), so grotesque that he feels badly for my wife (a bit much), and asked if I had Poloncarz's male member in my mouth. All what I would term harassment. I mean, to me engaging in a political debate or criticizing a media outlet is not harassment. Calling someone fat and ugly that their wife wouldn't want to have sex with them is harassment. Not only that, but he sent that image that Res posted above not only to his entire email listserv, but to all of the lawyers at my firm. That, to me, is a startling escalation and indicative that this person is a bit unhinged, to be kind.

I actually consulted with a defamation lawyer and he basically said that litigation or threats of litigation are costly and could backfire, and that instead I could use my "bully pulpit" to fight back. So, tomorrow morning there will be a comprehensive look at the Public website about all of this from soup to nuts.

I can assure you that Matt has no dirt because there's no dirt to have. I work, I pay my taxes, I send my kids to school, and I live a pretty sedate lifestyle. I do confess to enjoying Broadway musicals, but that's thanks to my kids.

Well I don't like your politics or how you act towards people who don't share your politics...but that's known. That said, defamation is bullsh*t and I wish you would sue. Not like there is money there anyways.... Calling someone an a-hole or insulting them is one thing. Saying something that could be damaging to their career or something that their family would read as a lie is another.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Well I don't like your politics or how you act towards people who don't share your politics...but that's known. That said, defamation is bullsh*t and I wish you would sue. Not like there is money there anyways.... Calling someone an a-hole or insulting them is one thing. Saying something that could be damaging to their career or something that their family would read as a lie is another.
    Totally agree

It would also be interesting on how the process works when it comes to issues like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Totally agree

It would also be interesting on how the process works when it comes to issues like this.
    I sincerely appreciate both of your comments. I am contemplating legal action, but not at this time. In the meantime, I published this as a response.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    He really went off the deep end.

Do screen shots count as evidence? Anyone with photoshop can generate "screenshots".

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    He really went off the deep end.

Do screen shots count as evidence? Anyone with photoshop can generate "screenshots".
    If I took the screen shot, I can authenticate it in court. If the screen shot was deleted, a subpoena to Twitter can recreate what was once there, and a certified record would be admissible.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    If I took the screen shot, I can authenticate it in court. If the screen shot was deleted, a subpoena to Twitter can recreate what was once there, and a certified record would be admissible.
    You should do a post on the public and review the democratic debate from last night. I'd like to read your take on it.

I, too, would like to see Alan get this to a courtroom. There are a number of bloggers, "activists", "hack-tavists" and internet trolls who revel in the idea that they can say whatever they please without repercussion. I understand that litigation is expensive, and can backfire. Still, these people will continue to do as they please unless they are somehow held to account.

Alan, if this isn't your hill to die on, so be it. Still, one good lawsuit, with a stiff settlement, and the entire lot of miscreants will think twice before hitting their keyboards.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Thread Information