Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Independence & Conservative Parties issue disclaimer letters

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Was he beaten by a phantom candidate? I thought he lost because he didn't get out door-to-door enough?

I heard that Leary was beaten in large measure on the Independence line that Ruffino somehow secured.

It is odd that Ruffino was on the 2017 November ballot's Independence line, because he was not endorsed, and did not appear on the primary ballot.

I wonder how that happened given Ruffino's own words of October 10, 2017?:

"From day one, I have promised that I am for the people, and refused to be controlled by party bosses. I am very proud to say, I have not deviated from that promise."

Perhaps you can tell me Gorja, after all, this is your thread?:

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ry+ballot+2017

Councilman Adam L. Dickman - I- 7/11/2017

Councilman Robert E. Leary - I - 7/11/2017

Councilman Karen A. Delcarlo - I - 7/12/2017

Councilman Joseph A. Bish - I - 7/12/2017

"Nothin' to see here folks.

Move along, and return to your homes or places of business."

Furthermore, regarding Ruffino's own 2017 words specified above, this year he needs to explain why he supports the rejection of an eminently qualified incumbent Democrat Town Clerk, who refused Democrat party pressures to stock the Town Clerk's office with patronage appointees, and endorses a candidate for Town Clerk, who I understand may have been imposed on the Lancaster Town Democrat Committee?
    image (12).jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 24th, 2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I heard that Leary was beaten in large measure on the Independence line that Ruffino somehow secured.

It is odd that Ruffino was on the 2017 November ballot's Independence line, because he was not endorsed, and did not appear on the primary ballot.

I wonder how that happened given Ruffino's own words of October 10, 2017?:

Perhaps you can tell me Gorja, after all, this is your thread?:

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ry+ballot+2017

"Nothin' to see here folks.

Move along, and return to your homes or places of business."

image (12).jpg

The elections site show him as a write-in in the primary

I don't know how the write-in stuff works as far as qualifying for a write-in.

Georgia L Schlager

The elections site show him as a write-in in the primary

I don't know how the write-in stuff works as far as qualifying for a write-in.
    Isn't it amazing how 34 votes for "PHANTOM" candidates and a "write-in" primary can effect the fall campaign?

Bob Leary only needed 11 of those 34 "Phantom" votes to win the Independence line and share it with Ruffino in the November general.

Dickman would not have appeared on the Independence line in November, but then he did not need it to win the general, but Leary did. The outcome of the race may have been very different had it not been for two "Phantom" candidates Gorja.

How close was the race between Leary and Dickman in November?

Thanx for posting.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 25th, 2019 at 05:23 AM.

Isn't it amazing how 34 votes for "PHANTOM" candidates and a "write-in" primary can effect the fall campaign?

Bob Leary only needed 11 of those 34 "Phantom" votes to win the Independence line and share it with Ruffino in the November general.

Dickman would not have appeared on the Independence line in November, but then he did not need it to win the general, but Leary did. The outcome of the race may have been very different had it not been for two "Phantom" candidates Gorja.

How close was the race between Leary and Dickman in November?

Thanx for posting.
    BTW Gorja,

I understand that Ms. Delcarlo was approach by the same ACTOR to challenge Mickey Kearns on the Independence line last year, but she refused to play along.

If I am wrong, can someone authoritatively correct me?

You see these words Gorja...

"From day one, I have promised that I am for the people, and refused to be controlled by party bosses. I am very proud to say, I have not deviated from that promise."---Ron Ruffino, October 10, 2017

...they, IMHO, are just a part of Ruffino's thespian repertoire.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 25th, 2019 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Considering Dawn has been on the town board for three budgets. There was no override resolution presented this year (2019) - no need for it.

So that makes two. If I remember correctly she did not vote for the one.

No tax cap levy override was ever used so why all hoopla?
    Here we go, Lee parsing his words. You made a big deal before Lee regarding the tax override and the impact. What was the increase Lee in the Ad Volorem portion of the budget? What was the tax levy increased by? Now I am not saying the override impacted the tax variant. But someone asked about the increase in taxes.

It comes down to poor judgement, or perhaps we can use phrases like, "vote as a block.." doesn't matter and the reason is it set a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezi View Post
    It's this simple SHORTSTUFF you and your big mouth matter not! Anywhere you go, anything you do Carmen Hangauer trouble is soon to follow! The Lancaster Republican Party didn't want you and the Lancaster Conservative Party didn't want you! YOU WERE NOTHING BUT A TROUBLE MAKER AND LOAD MOUTH THAT BOTH PARTIES SLAMMED THE DOOR IN YOUR FACE! Just stay in Florida where you are a legal resident! By the way Carmen Hangauer CAN YOU SAY VOTER FRAUD! Know what I mean Carmen Hangauer!
    LOL Joe Gallo...

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    So, are you saying that if you have an unendorsed candidate that had the most votes in a primary for a particular party, you should not be on the ballot for that party in the November election?
    Fudoli did it in the Conservative party in 2011.

Georgia L Schlager

So, are you saying that if you have an unendorsed candidate that had the most votes in a primary for a particular party, you should not be on the ballot for that party in the November election?
    Fudoli did it in the Conservative party in 2011.
    My comments speak for themselves Gorja.

It doesn't look like your phantoms were any factor in the primary results.

Georgia L Schlager

As of now, that is my understanding as well.

As of now, that is my understanding as well.
    I don't understand why they worry about them.
    Since the party's real candidates are in the primary, it keeps them in limelight, while the candiadtes from the other major party had no primary
    thus no publicity.

Georgia L Schlager

I don't understand why they worry about them.
    Since the party's real candidates are in the primary, it keeps them in limelight, while the candiadtes from the other major party had no primary
    thus no publicity.
    Just a disturbing pattern of past behavior Ms. Gorja, IMHO.

In any event, I'm glad all my candidates will appear on the November ballot.

First the phantom candidates were an issue. Now someone who is actively running for an elected position
    wins a minor party primary and people are whining because some democrats are registered conservatives
    that participated in the write-in vote.

Apparently, there is no secret ballot anymore. They know all.

Georgia L Schlager

First the phantom candidates were an issue. Now someone who is actively running for an elected position
    wins a minor party primary and people are whining because some democrats are registered conservatives
    that participated in the write-in vote.

Apparently, there is no secret ballot anymore. They know all.
    I can remember a time (you may have or may have not lived here then) in Lancaster politics when candidates, Democrats and Republicans, won elections based on their merits, not on twisted shenanigans.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I can remember a time (you may have or may have not lived here then) in Lancaster politics when candidates, Democrats and Republicans, won elections based on their merits, not on twisted shenanigans.
    What is wrong with a write-in campaign? Fudoli did it
    Last edited by gorja; July 6th, 2019 at 06:08 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information