Thread: Gaczewski Mailer

Gaczewski Mailer

Dawn Gaczewski Mailer

Gaczewski Mailer Primary006.jpg

Oh, my bad, I forgot this side...

Is Mr. Ruffino texting in this picture? I understand he does that at Council meetings, so I wonder if he sleeps at those meetings too?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Dawn Gaczewski Mailer

Gaczewski Mailer Primary006.jpg
    Other things she has done over the past 3 1/2 years.

This was the response of the current Lancaster conservative co-chair -
    October 18, 2016
    Deb Lemaster-
    I was VERY disappointed that Dawn, John and Johanna voted YES to override the tax cap.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1672341

And this was the response from the current Lancaster conservative co-chair -
    August 22, 2017
    Originally Posted by gorja
    There was only one fiscally responsible person on that board last night and it wasn't the Conservative or the Blank.
    Councilman Ruffino is the lone man.On his resolution #22 to save money with a different process in utilizing outside counsel, he couldn't even get anyone to 2nd it.
    Deb Lemaster-
    I agree gorja. The big excuse of the evening was that no one attended the public hearing regarding override of the tax levy. Why would I ever believe that they would vote YES? Comparing the override to "car insurance" is insane and totally irrelevant. There is a reason most town boards vote NO!!!!! Very disappointing meeting.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1742036

I know Sojka has said that they never did override. That is true. But as you can see the conservatives didn't view it that way.
    Of course, that was 2 and 3 years ago. The Conservatives may now feel it's okay to vote for an override.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

This was the response of the current Lancaster conservative co-chair -
    October 18, 2016

Deb Lemaster-

I was VERY disappointed that Dawn, John and Johanna voted YES to override the tax cap.

And this was the response from the current Lancaster conservative co-chair -
    August 22, 2017
    Originally Posted by gorja

Deb Lemaster-

I agree gorja. The big excuse of the evening was that no one attended the public hearing regarding override of the tax levy. Why would I ever believe that they would vote YES? Comparing the override to "car insurance" is insane and totally irrelevant. There is a reason most town boards vote NO!!!!! Very disappointing meeting.
    I know Sojka has said that they never did override. That is true. But as you can see the conservatives didn't view it that way.
    Of course, that was 2 and 3 years ago. The Conservatives may now feel it's okay to vote for an override.
    Just my opinion Gorja,

The override votes, as I understand them, were taken to confront a possible calamity, and were not indicative of a frivolous disregard for fiscal conservatism.

Once the limited, cautionary nature of such prudent votes became a recognized trend, Mrs. Lemaster perhaps grew comfortable that Ms. Gaczewski was faithful to her conservative values, and not was not engaging in liberal governance.

Recklessness in the pursuit of grandstanding a political philosophy is not a desirable trait, but steady, thoughtful prudence is the earmark of a true Conservative, and a world class legislator.

Also, skeptical, critical observations on the part of a party co-chair is the mark of a responsible, dedicated leader, IMHO.

Moreover, I believe that, at the time, you were supportive of the vote(s) because of the emergency nature of those votes. Straighten me out if I am wrong.

Just bear in mind, the Gaczewski was a vote to give the Town Council "Standby Authority," which resulted in no increase in tax dollars.

As I understand history, the Ruffino-Colecraft debacle result in a $2,000,000 LOSS to the taxpayers.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

Just my opinion Gorja,

The override votes, as I understand them, were taken to confront a possible calamity, and were not indicative of a frivolous disregard for fiscal conservatism.

Once the limited, cautionary nature of such prudent votes became a recognized trend, Mrs. Lemaster perhaps grew comfortable that Ms. Gaczewski was faithful to her conservative values, and not was not engaging in liberal governance.

Recklessness in the pursuit of grandstanding a political philosophy is not a desirable trait, but steady, thoughtful prudence is the earmark of a true Conservative, and a world class legislator.

Also, skeptical, critical observations on the part of a party co-chair is the mark of a responsible, dedicated leader, IMHO.

Moreover, I believe that, at the time, you were supportive of the vote(s) because of the emergency nature of those votes. Straighten me out if I am wrong.
    Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    So true, I very much respected Deb Lemaster's opinions at that time.
    I was NOT supportive of the 'YES' votes. I did disagree with some posters who had indicated that it was a vote to override the tax levy limit
    when it was a 'just in case' vote.

Georgia L Schlager

I was NOT supportive of the 'YES' votes. I did disagree with some posters who had indicated that it was a vote to override the tax levy limit
    when it was a 'just in case' vote.
    Thanks for the clarification, and the support you have given to my observations that it was not a vote to raise the tax cap, and that it was only a measure to give the Town Council "Standby Authority" to do so, in the event of an emergency.

Why would I ever believe that they would vote YES?
    After a trend was established, perhaps these previously written comments explain what happened...

Just my opinion Gorja...

Some of us, although previously un-supportive of a candidate, are open to objective assessment of the candidate-turned-office holder, AS OFFICE HOLDER, and base our future support strictly on its tenure performance.

Just sayin', Gorja, Shortstuff...

...and "Breezy/" Bobby, some of us who actually live in Lancaster, and do not selectively post comments to keep political patronage favor, feel as I described above.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

Since there wasn't even a resolution last year. I doubt that ot would come up again this year.

I do believe, of those 2 years only one year would have been considered a potential calamity.

I also believe thought I may be wrong. If a tax override resolution was offered this year and Gaczewski were to vote again for it, I
    don't think Mrs Lemaster would be okay with it. She is not a waffler

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information