Thread: Ruffino's Letter To Conservative Voters

Ruffino's Letter To Conservative Voters

IMG_0617 (1).jpg

Just some observations about this Ruffino letter.

"Speaking for myself, I have been the most fiscally conservative, experienced and qualified Town of Lancaster Supervisor candidate and have shown that every day since being elected to the Town Council."
    That indeed is a very interesting sentence.

Mr. Ruffino seems to be saying that he has been running for Supervisor since his election to the Town Council, and that his Town Council service was what might be termed a "stepping stone."

As I understand his comment, in his march toward the Supervisor's chair, it would appear that he has viewed, and continues to view, his Council service as a necessary waiting room and a rather inconvenient hurdle, to be manipulated to fit the prevailing popular political winds.

My understanding is supplemented by what I have viewed, and continue to view, as his rather interesting history of fiscal and political inconsistency, illustrated by what in my opinion, is the contrast between his support for ultra-liberal spending and his recent public showmanship which grandstanded support for superficial conservative policies.

That "showboat conservatism" is highly illustrated by his reckless vote to deprive the Town Council "standby authority" to raise the tax cap, which I understand, was needed to confront the unforeseen calamity.

IMHO, that stagecraft placed the interests of the town that he seeks to lead behind his own personal ambitions.

Moreover, when he spoke of his collective experience, he fails to mention the Colecraft debacle, an audit which blasted him for wasting millions of taxpayers' dollars, and his historic support for what seems to have been unconditional support for developers, while Lancaster's infrastructure lags and deteriorates.

Furthermore, in 2017, in a letter to voters, Ron Ruffino said:

"From day one, I have promised that I am for the people, and refused to be controlled by party bosses. I am very proud to say, I have not deviated from that promise."
    If those words were sincere, perhaps Mr. Ruffino can explain why he supports the rejection of an eminently qualified incumbent Democrat Town Clerk, who refused Democrat party pressures to stock the Town Clerk's office with patronage appointees, and supports a candidate for Town Clerk, who I understand may have been imposed on the Lancaster Town Democrat Committee, and who herself seems to hold a patronage pedigree?​

In this letter to Conservative Primary voters, Mr. Ruffino's comments, IMHO, are so destructive that one would think it may have been written by his political opposition.

Yikes!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 18th, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

I'm more apt to agree with Lee's statement from November 9, 2017, as Ruffino's opponent since her election to the town board has repeatedly voted to be fiscally liberal.

Hey, Mark:

Regarding your analogy; “the Supervisor instructed her two "sons," Ruffino and Abraham, to travel to the proverbial fork-in-the-road, and to each embark on the other's opposite.” I offer a different perspective on Ruffino.

Ruffino was thrown under the bus by his own party and board. As of late, the supervisor was making phone calls and supporting her favorite son (Abraham) alone.

Like me, Ruffino had to believe the board make up took a turn two years ago when the Democratic Party, bankrupt in viable candidates, endorsed a registered Conservative and a blank to run, and they won. It just so happens that that Conservative and blank were not as independent as one had hoped for and as time passed became more entrenched in supporting the supervisor and Abraham.

Ruffino became the outsider and was rebuffed in presenting resolutions, was the major player in fiscal accountability and the only one to see the budget for what it was and vote ‘no’; and presented valid reasons for doing so. He was the only one who voted ‘no’ two years ago and this year as well to override the tax cap. He has walked the talk on fiscal responsibility.

It is unfortunate that he and Leary are involved in this contest to determine the second board seat. INHO, they were the most qualified candidates.
    and Lee's other statement from November 9, 2017

As I have repeatedly posted, Mark, I have little respect for either the Lancaster Democrat or Republican Party Committees – a ship of fools detracting from candidate qualifications and strengths.

As a 'blank' if I choose to base my opinion on fact and then opine as to the candidate that I think best serves the community’s best interest, than it matters not to me that I’m considered a fool – I have been true to myself; I owe no allegiance to any party.

The mailer in question was plain disingenuous horse**** regardless if it served a purpose in getting a candidate elected.

As I posted earlier, it is disappointing to me that the second seat will go to only one of the two candidates I thought was best qualified. And what I especially liked is that they both come from the private sector and are not (hopefully) union conflicted.

But I believe Ruffino would be the stronger player if he holds to his new found convictions and does not sell out to Johanna and the Party to be endorsed for Supervisor in two years. He will not be Johanna’s chosen successor if he waffles and does not do the bidding of the Party.
    And this post from lee on November 10, 2017

Ruffino and Leary were my voting choices. I would rather that Ruffino would be elected. If he stays committed to his current governing policies he will be running for Supervisor in 2019. What a kick in the ass that would be to Coleman and the party. With Abraham gone will she now favor Walter as her new heir apparent, or try to smooze Ruffino to turn for the good of the Democratic Party?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I'm more apt to agree with Lee's statement from November 9, 2017, as Ruffino's opponent since her election to the town board has repeatedly voted to be fiscally liberal.

and Lee's other statement from November 9, 2017

And this post from lee on November 10, 2017

I may at times disagree with, but I always respect, your positions and those of Lee.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 18th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.

Gorga, if your post (#7) was intended to bolster Ruffino in this year’s supervisor race through my past posts, it falls short in sharing convictions and information from two years ago. That was then, this is now.

I will stand by what I posted in the past. In fact, it also bolsters what this lifelong ‘blank’ has been saying for years, party affiliation means nothing to me at the time of voting. Choosing the most qualified candidate who has the town’s best interest in mind will get my vote.

The only candidate that holds my interest in this primary is incumbent Town Clerk Diane Terranova (and as a ‘blank’ I can’t vote anyway). She is deserving of re-election for myriad performance and innovative reasons; IMHO. I have spoken out in her favor because of the utter misleading and disrespectful rhetoric in her opponents mailers and campaign literature, and the dishonest, undermining ploy of one her opponents political operative manager.

At present, I have no dog in the race. That will change after the primary when the political BS really hits the fan – in fact, this coming week when the respective political committees flood the mailboxes with sanctimonious platitudes.

I have just purchased a new BS meter. The old one wore out.

LMAO - a wireless BS meter?

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information