Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maciejewski mailer

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Absolutely, Mark.

Receives now and does away with later are completely different

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Gorja are you saying you support miss maciejewski? I hope so
    Hell no

I was asked to post the other side of the mailer which indicates where the mailer came from

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Receives now and does away with later are completely different
    I understand that only the Town Council can eliminate stipends, and Ms. Maciejewski, from her position of Town Clerk, would be powerless to officially impact the same.

Ms. Maciejewski can however, as a matter of personal conscience, refuse to accept those stipends.

I believe, and straighten me out if I am wrong, that she is in that exact same futuristic position TODAY with her current stipend, and there is nothing that would prevent her from refusing the stipend TODAY.

Ergo, if she "receives now," her pledge to "do (does) away with later," may be seen by some as nothing more than a promise perhaps rooted in hypocrisy, or one which was imposed by the Democrat machine that may be controlling her campaign, IMHO.

Again, I wonder just how much control of the Town Clerk's office would the Democrat Party have if Ms. Maciejewski is elected?

Just askin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 17th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I understand that only the Town Council can eliminate stipends, and Ms. Maciejewski, from her position of Town Clerk, would be powerless to officially impact the same.

Ms. Maciejewski can however, as a matter of personal conscience, refuse to accept those stipends.

I believe, and straighten me out if I am wrong, that she is in that exact same futuristic position TODAY with her current stipend, and there is nothing that would prevent her from refusing the stipend TODAY.

Ergo, if she "receives now," her pledge to "do (does) away with later," may be seen by some as nothing more than a promise perhaps rooted in hypocrisy, or one which was imposed by the Democrat machine that may be controlling her campaign, IMHO.

Again, I wonder just how much control of the Town Clerk's office would the Democrat Party have if Ms. Maciejewski is elected?

Just askin'.
    Spot on!

LMAO – this is the quintessential ‘if you throw enough **** on the wall, maybe some of it will stick’. Political 'claptrap', misinformation and pandering at its best. And it's not even election time.

Today's mailer -

The other side of the mailer is the same as the last one

Georgia L Schlager

Today's mailer -

The other side of the mailer is the same as the last one
    I think Maciejewski can REFUSE the stipends as a matter of personal desire, but I understand only the Town Council can "REMOVE all stipends" that have "been budgeted for" the ancillary duties of Lancaster Town Clerk.

If in fact Ms. Maciejewski is so passionate about stipends, why is it that she, I believe, has accepted, and I understand continues to accept, the stipend for her ancillary duty as Secretary to the Planning Board?

Another hypocritical "TRUST ME" campaign gimmick, IMHO.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2019 at 04:37 PM.

I think Maciejewski can REFUSE the stipends as a matter of personal desire, but I understand only the Town Council can "REMOVE all stipends" that have "been budgeted for" the ancillary duties of Lancaster Town Clerk.

If in fact Ms. Maciejewski is so passionate about stipends, why is it that she, I believe, has accepted, and I understand continues to accept, the stipend for her ancillary duty as Secretary to the Planning Board?

Another hypocritical "TRUST ME" campaign gimmick, IMHO.
    That's correct, in my opinion.

Georgia L Schlager

From the Buffalo News, June 23, 2019:

Dems, GOP accused of ‘stealing’ ballot lines

Minor parties cry foul over write-in efforts

By Robert J. McCarthy

NEWS POLITICAL REPORTER

Erie County’s Democratic and Republican bosses are meddling in minor parties at an unprecedented rate by manufacturing write-in primaries that could eventually affect close races in the general election.

According to the leaders of minor parties like Conservative and Working Families, voters will see dozens of write-in opportunities in Tuesday’s primary elections stemming from infiltrations of their relatively tiny bands – far more write-ins than ever before. They say the efforts go beyond causing mischief, aiming instead at denying lines to endorsed minor-party candidates or opening their lines to candidates preferred by the major parties.

Methods for gaining access to minor lines include:

• Republican or Democratic faithful reregistering in a minor party like Working Families, recognizing that a handful of votes in such small organizations can tip primary elections, especially in Erie County’s towns.

• Republicans or Democrats persuading a friendly minor-party member to challenge an endorsed candidate on Conservative or Working Families in a primary, opening them to an organized write-in campaign.

• Republicans or Democrats circulating petitions seeking an “opportunity to ballot” that also provides for a write-in contest. The majors then often mount mail campaigns urging write-in votes for their favored candidate, attempting to deny the line to the endorsed candidate or to insert the major party’s favored candidate.

Erie County Conservative Chairman Ralph C. Lorigo says Democrats have targeted his party this year, which he calls “the height of hypocrisy” because local and state Democrats seek an end to the state’s “fusion voting” system in which major party candidates can run simultaneously on minor lines.

Lorigo says it was always possible for a major candidate to petition for a write-in opportunity to ballot, but Democratic efforts to steal his party’s line have grown exponentially in the See Parties on Page A4

‘It’s not new ... It’s a fight to the death on all sides,’ Zellner says...

He counts 14 in 2019.

He also notes the Democratic incursion into his party comes despite the philosophical differences between Democrats and Conservatives and the bad blood between their local organizations in recent years.

“This is manipulation by the Democratic Party,” he said, “and given the fact that they are totally against fusion voting, it’s ironic that they look to steal minor lines.”

David Chudy, vice chairman of the Working Families Party of Western New York, notes Republicans are sponsoring candidates in the primaries of his left-leaning organization more than at any other time, despite fundamental differences in philosophy.

“We’re more progressive than even our traditional Democrats,” he said. “Republicans rarely get endorsed by us.”

Chudy estimates around 30 unexpected contests in Erie County, along with several more in Niagara County – especially in North Tonawanda.

“We might have had two or three before, but it really did mushroom this year,” he said.

Chudy took notice in 2018 when Republicans were switching their party registration to Working Families in key towns and districts, enabling them to vote in the minor party’s primaries. And because the universe of Working Families voters is tiny in many towns, a handful of votes can often steal the line from the party’s endorsed candidates.

The above-article describes the essence of this observation on post #2 of this thread:

...alleged "Phantom" candidacy is that of Scott Pease, (11 C) who also seeks a November spot for Councilman on the Conservative line.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 23rd, 2019 at 07:46 AM.

Today's mailer -

HYPOCRITE?!

According to Maciejewski's mailer, Maciejewski suggests that Terranova's acceptance of the Republican endorsement is fooling Democrat voters.

So, why does Maciejewski seem to be competing with Terranova for the exact same REPUBLICAN line?

CLICK ON THESE:

maciejewski (2).jpg

maciejewski (3).jpg

For Heaven's sake, Maciejewski has vowed if elected, to end stipends, which is only something that the Town Council can do. She can however VOLUNTARILY however refuse the stipends if elected.

A little hypocrisy there, because she has accepted, and I understand continues to accept, a stipend for her duties as Secretary to the Planning Board?

Now her seeming hypocrisy in waging a "Write-In" campaign for the Republican line.

Methinks there is emerging a pattern of HYPOCRITICAL behavior, just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 23rd, 2019 at 10:06 AM.

Just checked my mailbox. Yesterday's mailer.

Georgia L Schlager

Just checked my mailbox. Yesterday's mailer.

After Tuesday, yesterday's news?

After Tuesday, yesterday's news?
    You betch ya

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information