Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maciejewski mailer

Maciejewski mailer

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    This is my reaction to the Maciejewski mailer, and are strictly my understandings and opinions:

Ms. Maciejewski:
    "I am a lifelong Democrat and honored to be endorsed by the Lancaster Democrat Committee."
    Yes, in the historic Democrat tradition, she has been endorsed by a County-manipulated Lancaster Democrat Committee, run by Terry McCracken and Ron Giza: Lancaster's 2019 answer to the original "Boodle (PATRONAGE) Boys."

Ms. Maciejewski:
    "That is were (where) I learned from a young age that a strong work ethic would being you success."[/B]
    Maciejewski's strong work ethic is admirable, and seemingly in her case most effective, especially when it just happens to be attached to Erie County Real Estate Office official Joe Maciejewski. That surname, I understand, is highly celebrated in the same-old elitist patronage circles. It is no small wonder that such a pedigree seemingly yielded such taxpayer-subsidized success.

Ms. Maciejewski:
    "I have instilled the same work ethic in my sons..."
    That is the mark of a good parent with terrific parenting skills.

BTW,

The name Jared Maciejewski appears on the primary ballot, spot 9C. Mr. Maciejewski seeks a Conservative party spot on for Councilman on the November general election ballot.

Is Jared Maciejewski any relation to Cindy Maciejewski or Joe Maciejewski?

I ask that question because many suggest that Jared Maciejewski's candidacy is one which might be termed a "Phantom Candidacy."

If in fact Mr. Maciejewski is a relative, perhaps a son, and his candidacy is actually of the "Phantom" variety, that would, in my mind, raise some questions about the actual meaning of a "strong work ethic."

Another alleged "Phantom" candidacy is that of Scott Pease, (11 C) who also seeks a November spot for Councilman on the Conservative line.

I wonder if Ms. Maciejewski advocates her value-based belief in a "strong work ethic" to fellow Town of Lancaster employees and/or close friends?

(Personally, I find this entire use of "Phantom Candidates" a detriment to our electoral process.)

Ms. Maciejewski:
    "...and encourage them to live by our Values-Liberty, Equality, and Justice."
    Good Grief!

That comment strikes me as either the Tourette's-like rantings of a graduate student battling a French Revolution studies hangover, or far more likely, the zombie-like recital of the ult-Left, Social Justice Warrior's credo.

As I have previously stated, the Town Clerk's office does not represent a constituency in the legislative chamber, nor does it serve as a bully pulpit.

Therefore, I must ask:

"Is Lancaster really ready to embrace the revolutionary likes of AOC in the incarnation of a Town Clerk?

Ms. Maciejewski:
    "I WILL ELIMINATE ALL STIPENDS..."
    I find this comment VERY interesting.

First, is it not true that Ms. Maciejewski serves as Clerk to the Lancaster Planning Board?

Secondly, is it also not true that Ms. Maciejewski serves as secretary to the Planning Board as receives a STIPEND for that service?

If the answer to the second question is "Yes," is "HYPOCRISY" one of her touted values?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 15th, 2019 at 09:59 PM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    I find this comment VERY interesting.

First, is it not true that Ms. Maciejewski serves as Clerk to the Lancaster Planning Board?

Secondly, is it also not true that Ms. Maciejewski serves as secretary to the Planning Board as receives a STIPEND for that service?

If the answer to the second question is "Yes," is "HYPOCRISY" one of her touted values?
    Absolutely, Mark.

Georgia L Schlager

Absolutely, Mark.

Thank ya ma'am.

I find the addendum of interest.

Stipend and salary are often used interchangeably but have entirely different connotations. For as long as I can remember Town Clerks have been receiving the same compensation makeup (as many other salaried town employees) for added services provided. The so-called stipends are not hidden. They appear in the Organizational Meeting minutes:

2018 Organizational Meeting Schedule of Salaries (1-2-2018)

TOWN CLERK:

Town Clerk (Terranova) 74,019.00
    Records Management Officer (Terranova) 6,799.00
    Registrar of Vital Statistics (Terranova) 3,000.00
    Clerk to Zoning Board of Appeals (Terranova) 3,527.00

They appear in the annual budgets:

TOWN OF LANCASTER, NEW YORK 2019 BUDGET SCHEDULE OF SALARIES OF ELECTED TOWN OFFICIALS ADOPTED BUDGET

Supervisor (As Supervisor) 71,098
    (As Budget Officer) 5,000
    Total 76,098

Councilmember 19,741
    Councilmember 19,741
    Councilmember 19,741
    Councilmember 19,741

Town Justice 44,448

Town Clerk

(As Town Clerk) 75,499
    (As Records Management Officer) 6,935
    (As Registrar of Vital Statistics) 3,060
    (As Clerk to the Zoning Board) 3,598
    Total 89,092

Superintendent of Highways

(As Superintendent of Highways) 74,058
    (As Parks/Rec Oversight) 5,202
    (As Drainage Coordinator - P.T.) 5,783
    Total 85,043

Hidden? Lack of transparency?

As the Town Council establishes position needs and regulates the schedule of salaries, it is selfless and commendable of Ms. Maciejewski to offer to remove the so-called stipends budgeted. Former Supervisor Dino Fudoli refused the $5,000 Budget Officer so-called stipend in 2013. It has since been reinstated. Ms. Maciejewski’s generous offer should not preclude future position salary reinstatement as well – or impact and other arrangement / agreement.

Gorga: Could you please post the front side of the mailer so that we can see where the mailer came from. I know and like Cindy. She is a good person and has been very helpful in her Building Department Clerk's position. This does not sound like Cindy as she receives a so-called stipend as well and understands the reason for it – salary for extra time and effort spent above job description.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    This does not sound like Cindy as she receives a so-called stipend as well and understands the reason for it – salary for extra time and effort spent above job description.
    If I were to accept your characterizations of Ms. Maciejewski, it would then seem to me that the "Stipend" issue may have all the earmarks of exaggerated party hyperbole and suggest party control of her campaign, at least that is my opinion.

If the "hacks" control her campaign to such an extent at this point, I wonder what may be their level of office and patronage control should Ms. Maciejewski be elected?

Hey Mark:

Having come to know Ms. Maciejewski through the years I find it difficult to believe she wrote the “One thing I forgot to mention” addendum. As you, I believe it was Democratic Party Committee written; an intended tactic to bolster a candidate’s position in a race where the opposing candidate has an advantage being an incumbent and deserving of re-election.

Voters should research / question whether the $13,593 savings is judicious / achievable or offsets the advantage of having the qualifications, experience and accomplishments of incumbent Terranova.

If eliminating stipends is justified in the Town Clerk’s Office, how about eliminating stipends (extra pay) in all other departments as well? What’s changed Chair McCracken position from when he was prior Chairman of the Democratic Committee – and for several years as well?

All this contentious and misleading rhetoric from just the Town Clerk race. Can't wait to see some of the Supervisor and Town Council candidate mailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    All this contentious and misleading rhetoric from just the Town Clerk race. Can't wait to see some of the Supervisor and Town Council candidate mailers.
    Lee, this is just a hunch that I can not back-up factually.

The first Town Clerk's race that I remember was the 1963 contest between Bob Thill and I think someone named Ferbert. I remember it because it was the same campaign that elected our backdoor neighbor Artel Metz Councilman.

That said, I never remember such a competitive and dirty race for Town Clerk, particularly when those "dirty" or at least less-than-truthful tactics appear aimed at discrediting an eminently qualified incumbent, just my perception.

Ergo, something tells me that both the rogue Republicans and the Democrat machine see something far more important at stake: Their power, patronage, and personal interest, IMHO.

Perhaps both of those entities fear the "New Direction" of the "New Republican Party," aka, "Drain The Swamp?!"
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 16th, 2019 at 03:37 PM.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Superintendent of Highways

(As Superintendent of Highways) 74,058
    (As Parks/Rec Oversight) 5,202
    (As Drainage Coordinator - P.T.) 5,783
    Total 85,043

Off topic question-

SUPERINTENDENT of HIGHWAYS POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE

As long as the Highway Law §284 agreement has been entered into with the Town Board, a town Superintendent of Highways has the authority to employ persons to maintain and repair town highways and to “provide for the supervision of such persons” without further approval of the Town Board (Hiscox v. Holmes, 237 A.D. 240 (3rd Dept. 1932).

Highway Law §140(4) states that the town Superintendent of Highways “within the limits of appropriations employ such persons as may be necessary for the maintenance and repair of town highways and bridges, and the removal of obstructions caused by snow, subject to the approval of the Town Board, and provide for the supervision of such persons.”

“The words ‘subject to the approval of the Town Board,’ contained in subdivision 4, refer to the provisions in regard to the maintenance and repair of the highways and not to the employment of persons. The town Superintendent has full authority over the persons that he shall employ ...”

My question is - Since our Highway superintendent also has the Oversight of the Parks/Rec department, would those appointing powers previously stated be extended to the appointment of a
    Parks crew chief of his choice?

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    Perhaps both of those entities fear the "New Direction" of the "New Republican Party," aka, "Drain The Swamp?!"
    Mark, are you sure that new direction isn't to follow Sojka's dream of a multi-million dollar family recreation center that we do NOT need?

Georgia L Schlager

Mark, are you sure that new direction isn't to follow Sojka's dream of a multi-million dollar family recreation center that we do NOT need?
    Ms. Gorja, you are calling it his "dream," I am not.

With that said, as a voter, I am not concerned about dreams, but I am concerned about repeats of reality-based, tangible nightmares, like the COLECRAFT debacle.

Ya know what I mean?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 16th, 2019 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Ms. Gorja, you are calling it his "dream," I am not.

With that said, as a voter, I am not concerned about dreams, but I am concerned about repeats of reality-based, tangible nightmares, like the COLECRAFT debacle.

Ya know what I mean?
    Sure do as in Sojka's vision of a multi-million dollar family recreation center

Georgia L Schlager

Sure do as in Sojka's vision of a multi-million dollar family recreation center
    Ah, it went from a dream to a vision.

What's next, an apparition?

Let me know if the sun bounces, so we can work on changing our town's name from Lancaster to Fatima.

Gorja are you saying you support miss maciejewski? I hope so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information