Thread: Councilman Wingo came packing

Councilman Wingo came packing

So Buffalo Common Councilman Ulysees Wingo has been banned from Buffalo school district property and may be banned from attending his son’s graduation all because he carried his piece to school one day. As chair of the Council’s Education committee he almost certainly appreciates the dangers involved in entering a city school. Maybe there’s a lesson there for the community! And he did check his piece with the principal to be locked in the safe. I fail to see the problem here; he did exactly what Wyatt Earp required the cowboys to do when they entered Tombstone. Yet he’s in trouble for it. And I’ll betcha the principal doesn’t make the little children check their hog’s legs, shanks and other weaponry at the office every day. I’m surprised that jamoke from Grand Island, Nate McMurray, hasn’t sprung to the defense; he has gun and he’s not afraid to use it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I agree with you here.

We have a 2nd amendment right for a reason. I'm really surprised how we have some in government who are against our right for self defense

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I agree with you here.

We have a 2nd amendment right for a reason. I'm really surprised how we have some in government who are against our right for self defense
    Cash and School Board walking a fine line with this ban ... previous situation with a community leader was charges ...and prosecution...Wingo got off easy as opposed to prior incident...well at least he cant complain of prejudicial prosecution as both were African American

While I don't agree with it being illegal for a permit holder to have a gun on school grounds I don't like the double standard of a politician getting away with it while a regular citizen would most likely get charged or at a minimum lose their pistol permit.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

No graduation for him
    https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...rty/2086961758
    Buffalo Public School board members approved a resolution Wednesday night that prohiits Buffalo Common Council Member Ulysees Wingo from being on any school property for 18 months – that includes being at any school-related functions, such as his son's upcoming high school graduation.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

In a way it’s a pity he has to miss it. It’s pretty rare when anyone graduates from a city school. I read the article in the shoe shine rag. Not to diminish school shootings but the schools are hardly “besieged” by them. Then again most of our local media stars aren’t terribly gifted in their understanding of language.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    He should be allowed to attend.

I just asked on the wben facebook page how many kids are graduating and how difficult would it be to move the graduation.

Thread Information