Thread: Part time non-resident employee receives vacation days

Part time non-resident employee receives vacation days

The PT non-resident assessor is requesting dental insurance.
    As long as she pays the full premium not the amount the employees pay, I have no problem with that.

She states that her receiving health insurance and vacation days is not setting a precedent.

Just wait, it will come.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    The PT non-resident assessor is requesting dental insurance.
    As long as she pays the full premium not the amount the employees pay, I have no problem with that.

She states that her receiving health insurance and vacation days is not setting a precedent.

Just wait, it will come.

I don’t see the problem here. She is requesting an amendment that will not cost the town an increase in spending.

Her alluding to receiving heath benefits at premium cost and receiving vacation days is in the contract negotiated between her and the town when she was appointed Assessor. And she has received a town waiver to address her not becoming a Lancaster resident.

No harm, no foul, IMHO!

BTW – That Joe Gallo declaration you consistently add to your posts, is that the former Lancaster Conservative Party Chair that has since been replaced by Debbie Lemaster? The same Gallo who threw Gaczewski (a registered Conservative) under the bus because she dared run for a council seat as an endorsed Democrat because the Conservative Party had already interviewed, vetted, and endorsed another candidate? The same Gallo who I am being told is openly supporting Biden over Trump on Facebook? Oxymoronic, eh?

Not judging as I was in his company but one time when introduced to him and I don’t have a Facebook account.

Originally posted by Lee CHowaniec:
    Her alluding to receiving heath benefits at premium cost and receiving vacation days is in the contract negotiated between her and the town when she was appointed Assessor
    I don't believe so. I believe she had it amended since the original appointment

This was posted by ichingtheory when she was being appointed by Fudoli.

Above new hire is saving Lancaster money. Ms. Fusco is retiring and Clarence has decided to end the share agreement.
    Ms. Baker will make $50,000.00 and will NOT receive any health care. By law, she is entitled to pension credit. You can thank the public service union for that.
    Ms. Fusco worked 2-1/2 days (17-1/2 hours) per week. Our new hire will work a "minimum" of 24 hours or 3-4 days per week.

No matter how you look at it, pretty dam good money for part time assessor!!!!
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1571474

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    the former Lancaster Conservative Party Chair that has since been replaced by Debbie Lemaster?
    It's nice how that was NOT communicated to the party members

Georgia L Schlager

On June 17th, 2019, by resolution and unanimous vote, the Lancaster Town Board approved the reappointment of Assessor Rebecca Baker:

WHEREAS, the Town and Ms. Baker have agreed on the terms and conditions associated with Ms. Baker’s reappointment as Assessor.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, as follows:

1. Rebecca Baker is hereby appointed as Assessor for the Town of Lancaster, effective October 1, 2019, for a term to expire September 30, 2025, unless otherwise provided by law.

2. The Supervisor is hereby authorized and directed to execute the Employment Agreement with Ms. Baker, as presented.

No conditions were specified in the language of the resolution. But it was my understanding at that time the agreement did encompass language that did authorize Ms. Baker to participate in the town’s health insurance program conditioned she paid the full premium cost.

That agreement also called for Ms. Baker receiving 20 days of vacation for every working year.

It appears to me that she is just requesting to now opt into the health insurance program as she was authorized to do but did not last year – and at no cost to the town.

The September 2015 agreement was superseded by the 2019 reappointment agreement and was approved unanimously by the town board. No harm, no foul!

It's nice how that was NOT communicated to the party members
    I'm a party member as is my wife, and we knew of the change.

Also, Mrs. Lemaster has been identified as such in some past articles appearing in Lancaster news media.

If you did not know that Mrs. Lemaster is the Conservative Chair, then why did you ascribe such tremendous influence to her on August 2, 2020?...

Reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...Bif5RMl-jjsIRo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I'm a party member as is my wife, and we knew of the change.

Also, Mrs. Lemaster has been identified as such in some past articles appearing in Lancaster news media.

If you did not know that Mrs. Lemaster is the Conservative Chair, then why did you ascribe such tremendous influence to her on August 2, 2020?...

Reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...Bif5RMl-jjsIRo
    I had seen her described over the past few years as a co-chair with Gallo. Apparently, I need to start reading the local news media

Georgia L Schlager

I had seen her described over the past few years as a co-chair with Gallo. Apparently, I need to start reading the local news media
    Not necessarily Gorja.

I got last week's Sun the day after I got this week's, SMH.

In any event, there have been in the Sun a number of references to Mrs. L. as Chairperson.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    On June 17th, 2019, by resolution and unanimous vote, the Lancaster Town Board approved the reappointment of Assessor Rebecca Baker:

WHEREAS, the Town and Ms. Baker have agreed on the terms and conditions associated with Ms. Baker’s reappointment as Assessor.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, as follows:

1. Rebecca Baker is hereby appointed as Assessor for the Town of Lancaster, effective October 1, 2019, for a term to expire September 30, 2025, unless otherwise provided by law.

2. The Supervisor is hereby authorized and directed to execute the Employment Agreement with Ms. Baker, as presented.

No conditions were specified in the language of the resolution. But it was my understanding at that time the agreement did encompass language that did authorize Ms. Baker to participate in the town’s health insurance program conditioned she paid the full premium cost.

That agreement also called for Ms. Baker receiving 20 days of vacation for every working year.

It appears to me that she is just requesting to now opt into the health insurance program as she was authorized to do but did not last year – and at no cost to the town.

The September 2015 agreement was superseded by the 2019 reappointment agreement and was approved unanimously by the town board. No harm, no foul!
    I believe that now she is just requesting to opt into the dental health program. She had said that she was already in the health insurance program. Like I said, as long as she is paying the full premium not employee reduced premium. There's no issue.

Yes, I had been at the meeting last year when she was reappointed. She knew what the position included when she first opted to take it in 2015. Now, a part timer gets four weeks vacation and able to make-up a sick day the following week when anyone else would have their pay docked for the day. Just my opinion

Georgia L Schlager

Not necessarily Gorja.

I got last week's Sun the day after I got this week's, SMH.

In any event, there have been in the Sun a number of references to Mrs. L. as Chairperson.
    That happened to me a couple weeks ago. Received the old one after the new one. i guess we have to blame the USPS

Georgia L Schlager

That happened to me a couple weeks ago. Received the old one after the new one. i guess we have to blame the USPS
    When it was first published, it came First-Class in an envelope, now it comes like the hard copy of The Bee. I really wish they had an online, easy-to-read option.

When it was first published, it came First-Class in an envelope, now it comes like the hard copy of The Bee. I really wish they had an online, easy-to-read option.
    Me too. When i didn't receive it that one week, i thought my subscription ran out. So i subscribed. Now I get 2 per week

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information