Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political signs

Political signs

At last night's work session, Code enforcement officer Matt Fischione inferred that
    we are entering the political season and the sign placement should be per code.

They will be picking them up and discarding them

You can hear it here -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho6MB07SXl8&t=6m3s

There is 4 to toss out at 312 pleasantview and a residence to the west of them

Also, on the corner of Kennedy Ct and Central Ave

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why is placement wrong for those signs?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why is placement wrong for those signs?
    County property. Telephone poles are on county property and the signs are between the poles and the road.

I checked my survey and have so many feet from my foundation. The rest is county property.
    The county acquired 7' of our frontage many years ago
    I did email the code enforcement officer a few years ago to make sure the signs that I had placed were conforming to the code

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    County property. Telephone poles are on county property and the signs are between the poles and the road.

I checked my survey and have so many feet from my foundation. The rest is county property.
    The county acquired 7' of our frontage many years ago
    I did email the code enforcement officer a few years ago to make sure the signs that I had placed were conforming to the code
    Nor do too many residents understand that 'signs shall not be placed in any street right-of-way' - Zoning Code 50-30-D-3.

Right-of-way being between curb and sidewalk.

I hate political signs. They give an uninformed individual the impression that the candidate must be qualified, or an incumbent doing a good job, because they or their party has the money to display more and larger signs than their opponent. Signs don't vote but they have the ability to influence a political outcome.

"Gee, look at all the signs out for this candidate. He, or she, must be good. I will vote for that person."

In fairness...

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    In fairness...

That's Ruffino's house... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    YIKES!!!

I do not know if it is his house or not Neubs, , but it is his sign.

I can understand mistakes being made by those who put up the signs, and especially the unknowing resident(s) of the impacted property.

But IF, and I emphasize IF, what you say is true Neubs, that suggests a great deal.

One should think that a Town Council Member, in the 17th year of his incumbency, would know and/or respect the governing codes.

What's the saying, "Do as I say, not what I do?"
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 5th, 2019 at 02:35 PM.

Political signs
    At last night's work session, Code enforcement officer Matt Fischione inferred that

You can hear it here -

I took an Ed. Psych course during the fall of 1976, and was required to read a book PS: You're Not Listening, by Eleanor Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24

JUST MY OPINION:

Seems that perhaps the senior member of the Town Council would be well-served to hunt-down a copy of that book, and read it with an appreciation for its title, in order to overcome his seeming short, or perhaps selective, attention span.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 5th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

YIKES!!!

I can understand mistakes being made by those who put up the signs, and especially the unknowing resident(s) of the impacted property.

But IF, and I emphasize IF, what you say is true Neubs, that suggests a great deal.

One should think that a Town Council Member, in the 17th year of his incumbency, would know and/or respect the governing codes.

It 100% is his house, I drive by it daily.

In fact, the Google street view shows political signs in his yard 2 years ago, but in the proper spot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    In fact, the Google street view shows political signs in his yard 2 years ago, but in the proper spot lol
    Not doubting you at all, but just sayin' that I can't independently confirm it. I don't know where he lives.

I simply posted the picture in fairness, to show violations perhaps occur on both sides?

BUT, like I said Neubs, a short attention span?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 5th, 2019 at 04:06 PM.

YIKES!!!

That's his house. I'm not saying it's a fact but since the placement of the signs were correct in the past, maybe someone else put them up.
    If they're not moved, the CEO will assure they are

Georgia L Schlager

That's his house. I'm not saying it's a fact but since the placement of the signs were correct in the past, maybe someone else put them up.
    If they're not moved, the CEO will assure they are
    Gorja,

Like Lee, I hate the signs, but they are a necessary evil.

Although I respect the codes, in the past, I think I may have unintentionally violated some such specifications. To me, my bad, but I perceive such transgressions as no big deal, and apologize proportionally.

But frankly Gorja, I think "Gotcha" moments posted over simple unintentional mistakes are petty, cheap, and diminish the real issues of the campaign.

In direct contrast, I perceive that the 2019 Republican-endorsed ticket appears to be seriously focused on the important issues confronting Lancaster, and the urgent needs of the residents of the town. That ticket and the prevailing Republican Party seems to be waging the instant campaign(s) accordingly.

But, as a non-affiliated supporter of that entire ticket, and as an entirely independent actor, I hold that if that is the game the other side wants to play, game on!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 5th, 2019 at 04:58 PM.

Gorja,

Like Lee, I hate the signs, but they are a necessary evil.

Although I respect the codes, in the past, I think I may have unintentionally violated some such specifications. To me, my bad, but I perceive such transgressions as no big deal, and apologize proportionally.

But frankly Gorja, I think "Gotcha" moments posted over simple unintentional mistakes are petty, cheap, and diminish the real issues of the campaign.

In direct contrast, I perceive that the 2019 Republican-endorsed ticket appears to be seriously focused on the important issues confronting Lancaster, and the urgent needs of the residents of the town. That ticket and the prevailing Republican Party seems to be waging the instant campaign(s) accordingly.

But, as a non-affiliated supporter of that entire ticket, and as an entirely independent actor, I hold that if that is the game the other side wants to play, game on!
    May I ask what game the other side is playing? I started this thread to spread the word of what the code enforcement officer said at the work session.
    So are you saying just because I only support Diane Terranova from that ticket, so far, that I'm playing some kind of game for the other side?

Georgia L Schlager

May I ask what game the other side is playing? I started this thread to spread the word of what the code enforcement officer said at the work session.
    The function of the communicating the code enforcement officer's remarks were fulfilled with this comment...

You can hear it here -

...and the posted photo added nothing to the official comments.

If your intentional claim is accurate, what is the purpose of the photo?

An illustrated instance of non-compliance does not impact the code, or otherwise effect the code enforcement officer's remarks.

So are you saying just because I only support Diane Terranova from that ticket, so far, that I'm playing some kind of game for the other side?

if
    /if/
    Learn to pronounce
    conjunction
    (introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.
    "if you have a complaint, write to the director"
    synonyms: on condition that, provided (that), providing (that), presuming (that), supposing (that), assuming (that), on the assumption that, allowing (that), as long as, given that, with the provision/proviso that, with/on the understanding that, if and only if, contingent on, in the event that, allowing that
    "if the weather is fine, we can walk to the village"
    despite the possibility that; no matter whether.
    "if it takes me seven years, I shall do it"

My comment speaks for itself.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 5th, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information