Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peanut butter recalled for salmonella

Peanut butter recalled for salmonella

Just so you know, Peter Pan peanut butter and some other brands have just been recalled for potential salmonella contamination.

The stories keep changing, so do a Google search to see the latest news.

...Just in case anyone was about to make a peanut butter sandwich I thought I would warn you...

Man, it seems like every other month there is another contaminated food scare.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I'm having a salmonella and trans fat sandwich right now, I'm going to wash it down with a tall glass of liquid bacon fat.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Unregistered

Code "2111"

The recalled products are 'Peter-Pan' & 'Great Value' The affected jars will have a code, usually on the lid, that starts with "2111." They claim the affected peanut butter products were manufactured after May 2006.

I have one of the above mentioned jars for sale. For the sue happy individuals and civil law attorney's the bidding will start at $10,000

"If you can't believe in peanut butter and jelly, what can you believe in?"

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    "If you can't believe in peanut butter and jelly, what can you believe in?"

*sigh*
    Hey, I wasn't even thinking about the Stevenco quote..

Oh, the irony!

Maybe I will have to change it therising's (or was it someone else?) quote about trying to impress your friends and neighbors through the use of condiments.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Exclamation This explains everything

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    Just so you know, Peter Pan peanut butter and some other brands have just been recalled for potential salmonella contamination.

...Just in case anyone was about to make a peanut butter sandwich I thought I would warn you...

Stevenco has salmonella poisoning.

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

As a matter of fact, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night.

As a matter of fact, it was Peter Pan peanut butter.

Fortunately, it wasn't the tainted stuff.

I guess yesterday was my lucky day.

At work one time we were reviewing the Erie County Health Dept's stats for cases of diseases by ZIP code.

The ZIP with the highest number of salmonella cases at the time was 14127, which I believe is Orchard Park.

What could have caused this? Were people gorging themselves on rotten egg salad at Chestnut Ridge Park?

The ZIP with the highest number of salmonella cases at the time was 14127, which I believe is Orchard Park.

What could have caused this?
    The Ralph.

When people try to cook food for tailgating on their car engines, bad things happen.

Unregistered

Wink I know!

At work one time we were reviewing the Erie County Health Dept's stats for cases of diseases by ZIP code.

What could have caused this? Were people gorging themselves on rotten egg salad at Chestnut Ridge Park?
    A lot of civil attorneys live in the OP area. Puzzle solved.

Cool February 14th

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell
    I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

As a matter of fact, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night.

As a matter of fact, it was Peter Pan peanut butter.

Fortunately, it wasn't the tainted stuff.

I guess yesterday was my lucky day.
    Yesterday was Valentie's Day, someone obviously loves you.

Unregistered

Question I wonder.............?

I wonder how full emergency rooms across the nation are this evening? Family and friends don't make great witnesses in civil court, however,...medical records do. With all the sicko's in the world, you can bet your savings on the fact that several people raced home today to see if they were "lucky" enough to have a tainted jar of peanut butter. Many are sitting in hospital parking lots at this very moment awaiting the first sign of stomach cramps. There they wait, door handle in one hand, attorney's card in the other.

Little do they realize, there's thousands of others doing the exact same thing at this very moment. In fact, there will be so many civil suits regarding the same matter, they'll very likely be forced to join in on a class action suit. When the case is eventually settled, the lawyers will be much wealthier, yet the idiots that purposely got sick won't even receive enough to pay for their insurance co-pay.

BTW: I still have an un-opened jar of tainted 'Peter Pan' peanut butter for sale.

eBay it!

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    The Ralph.

When people try to cook food for tailgating on their car engines, bad things happen.

So that's why they call it "The Ralph."

I have a jar. I haven't been sick from eating it. I'm not going to continue to eat it, I just haven't been sick within a week of eating it.
    If your Peter Pan Peanut Butter #'s on the lid start with 2111 then you have a "tainted" jar as well. You can get a refund. Send the lid to
    ConAgra Foods
    P.O. Box 57078
    Irvine, CA 92619-7078

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information