Thread: Stay at home Dads..

Stay at home Dads..

More and more dads are opting to stay at home. This isn't really anything new but it's happening more. Women are becoming better educated and more often are bringing home a higher income. Or men are being laid off and opting to stay at home with the kids while their wives work.

Do we have any stay at home dad's on here?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    More and more dads are opting to stay at home. This isn't really anything new but it's happening more. Women are becoming better educated and more often are bringing home a higher income. Or men are being laid off and opting to stay at home with the kids while their wives work.

My brother in law (who is not a member here) was a (semi) stay at home dad until the kids were in school. He worked part time evenings at his family's restaurant, but was at home with the babies until my sister came home from work. Sometimes he would take the kids there if she was coming home late. they would hang out in the office with their cousins. Family businesses can help alot when it comes to child rearing. You have some flexibilty.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Not I, but I have been playing "take to the doctor and hospital" much these past two weeks. My 2nd oldest son is having surgery on his hand at 6am tomorrow morning. I will be taking him.

Does that count DF?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingKoi View Post
    My brother in law (who is not a member here) was a (semi) stay at home dad until the kids were in school. He worked part time evenings at his family's restaurant, but was at home with the babies until my sister came home from work. Sometimes he would take the kids there if she was coming home late. they would hang out in the office with their cousins. Family businesses can help alot when it comes to child rearing. You have some flexibilty.
    It sounds like they had a really nice situation.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Not I, but I have been playing "take to the doctor and hospital" much these past two weeks. My 2nd oldest son is having surgery on his hand at 6am tomorrow morning. I will be taking him.

Does that count DF?
    I guess sort of.

Thread Information