Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drainage issues in Lancaster, I’m shocked!

Drainage issues in Lancaster, I’m shocked!

It was interesting reading the Lancaster Source article titled, “Update from the Town of Lancaster Highway Department”.

Highway Superintendent Dan Amatura acknowledges what residents have been saying for the past several years:

• “Town traffic has obviously increased”,

• “We have some roads that are in desperate need of repair”,

• “A comprehensive drainage program is needed; the program will help to keep record of when a service such as ditch maintenance was last performed. This will also help to keep a resident’s ditch cleaned out on a regular basis and help to prevent any further drainage issues.”

Wow, this is the first I’ve heard a town official openly admit that Lancaster has the aforementioned issues.

Mr Amatura also did a great job utilizing his equipment during the winter's snow removal. This was the first winter that I noticed during the pre-dawn hours while the trucks were plowing the streets, they had a front loader simultaneously pushing back the banks at the intersections. In the past, I don't think this was done until there were complaints of visibility or after accidents had occurred.

As a voter who was fervently against Mr Amatura being elected to the Highway Superintendent position, I say, "Great job, Mr Amatura. Keep it up"

Do you think he can move the creek back to its former location for LW?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I don't think the occupants of the house that the creek would run through would appreciate that too much

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I don't think the occupants of the house that the creek would run through would appreciate that too much
    You betcha!

Mr Amatura also did a great job utilizing his equipment during the winter's snow removal. This was the first winter that I noticed during the pre-dawn hours while the trucks were plowing the streets, they had a front loader simultaneously pushing back the banks at the intersections. In the past, I don't think this was done until there were complaints of visibility or after accidents had occurred.

As a voter who was fervently against Mr Amatura being elected to the Highway Superintendent position, I say, "Great job, Mr Amatura. Keep it up"

I agree gorja. I was totally against Dan Amatura running for highway boss and was more interested keeping him on the town board. Dan is doing a great job for the town.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    I agree gorja. I was totally against Dan Amatura running for highway boss and was more interested keeping him on the town board. Dan is doing a great job for the town.
    I read that article, and thought it was a nice piece. Impressive.

Please move the Creek

If the creek referred to is Ellicott Creek - please do! Move it back and they can buy my house and bull doze it.

My neighbor bought a bunch of wetland that sat empty, unbuildable for as long as I can remember. It sits between Stony Rd., Gennessee,Harris Hill and Pleasantview. They couldn't sell it, so they finally sold it at auction for $7000.00.

Its floodplain/wetlands and yet the Town tried to re-assess it to $300,000.00.

The Town has admitted many people have to now buy Flood insurance. In many cases all over Lancaster, this was made necessary by the Town Boards actions. Yet they are not held accountable!

They still increase our taxes based on perceived values from non-flood plain property's. They still, in our case charge us for services they don't actually provide. Yet they are not held accountable.

We just keep on paying while they use our taxes to subsidize developers. They keep approving homes to be built in and near wetlands and flood prone areas. Yet they are not held accountable.

PS: Mr.Amatura seems to have a great work force and the jobs are getting done.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

No drainage problems in Lancaster!!! What are you smokin

It's a wonderful muddy shoe day in Lancaster ( actually more suitable for hip boots) Water over the road I woke up to no driveway my entire front yard and driveway were covered. Now its taking my driveway stone with it I'm glad we pay such high taxes to get these problems rectified. The highway crew has been down about 20 times...

I think they were getting nervous especially when it was starting to go over the road. The neighbor across the street also needed a boat to get to his house.

662010 144.jpg

662010 145.jpg

662010 146.jpg

662010 147.jpg

662010 148.jpg

My favorite Windsor Ridge Home show photo's

nice Fence... oh yes Lake front Property

662010 167.jpg

This is someones basement to be yes I want that house...

Attachment 3070

662010 178.jpg

662010 181.jpg

Lancaster's Stormwater Protection Program

What do we need that gully for .....OH you have to drain the property where the house is at...

662010 190.jpg

662010 192.jpg

That barrier is really working well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

662010 199.jpg

I don't think all that mud is suppose to go over the curb and into storm sewer...I might be wrong but I thought thats what we were protecting..
    662010 193.jpg

your going to build that house how high??????

Now if you build those house behind me that high were done.... better start building my ark.....

662010 198.jpg

I heard the residents on First Ave woke up to sewage in their basements this morning. I'm sure they weren't the only street with that situation.

Georgia L Schlager

How many people wish things were the way they used to be? Be careful what you wish for.

Here's a portion of an article regarding the Lancaster sewage treatment works-

82 years later the sewage is still backing up onto basements after the rain falls.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands View Post
    It's a wonderful muddy shoe day in Lancaster ( actually more suitable for hip boots) Water over the road I woke up to no driveway my entire front yard and driveway were covered. Now its taking my driveway stone with it I'm glad we pay such high taxes to get these problems rectified. The highway crew has been down about 20 times...

I think they were getting nervous especially when it was starting to go over the road. The neighbor across the street also needed a boat to get to his house.

662010 144.jpg

662010 145.jpg

662010 146.jpg

662010 147.jpg

662010 148.jpg
    Hey LW, did the town ever dredge the south branch of Slate Bottom Creek like they promised you? Has the developer reconfigured the bridge to let more water downstream?

When the time comes that more of your Brunck Road neighbors get impacted and pissed off like you, maybe, just maybe, they will grow a set of balls and come with you to a Town Board meeting. Bring along a couple of them beavers with you.

It will only get worse when the developing cosortium starts building phases 2-5 when they get more sewer capacity. That's in the works.

I heard the residents on First Ave woke up to sewage in their basements this morning. I'm sure they weren't the only street with that situation.
    A new sewer line from the Aurora Street pumping station (no longer in service) will be constructed from here and run all the way to the main at Borden Road in Cheektowaga. The line will run along the south side of William Street, cross over William Street somewhere near Transit Road, run north to Strasmer, run along Strasmer to Borden.

Sewer District #4 clients will pick up the project cost. The new sewer line will help allieviate Village of Lancaster sewer issues. At the same time, it will help the Windsor Ridge South developer to gain the sewer capacity he needs to continue phases 2-5 of his development project. Shouldn't the developer(s) be held responsible to pick up some of the cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information