Thread: Walmart William Street drive

Walmart William Street drive

Sorry to awaken this sleeping dog but on a recent drive past the William St side of the new Walmart I noticed the new curbs they are installing. What would appear to be the start of a driveway exiting Walmart, leading to William St, the curb lines seem out of place - aligning with no existing driveways on the south side of William - not with Flix (as I originally thought it was supposed to), not with Rite-Aid.

Wasn't there going to be signalization put in place at some new intersection between Walmart and Flix?

And since on the topic, anyone know what all the digging is on the SE & NW corners of William and Transit?

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo23 View Post
    Sorry to awaken this sleeping dog but on a recent drive past the William St side of the new Walmart I noticed the new curbs they are installing. What would appear to be the start of a driveway exiting Walmart, leading to William St, the curb lines seem out of place - aligning with no existing driveways on the south side of William - not with Flix (as I originally thought it was supposed to), not with Rite-Aid.

Wasn't there going to be signalization put in place at some new intersection between Walmart and Flix?
    There will be signalization at the Wal-Mart driveway. When development takes place at Kulbach's across the road, the driveway will have to be located at the signal. By agreement, the Flix, Rite aid/ Aldie traffic will have have to exit from the signalized driveway. Until Kulbbach's develops or leases property fro a inerconnecting road, you will have 4 driveways within 700 feet of Transit Road - Flix, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid/Aldie and Sunoco. Could be a nightmare, eh?

And since on the topic, anyone know what all the digging is on the SE & NW corners of William and Transit?
    SE corner - turning lane to go east on William.

NW corner - new sewer line connection?

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Until Kulbbach's develops or leases property fro a inerconnecting road, you will have 4 driveways within 700 feet of Transit Road - Flix, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid/Aldie and Sunoco. Could be a nightmare, eh?
    Could be a nightmare. No, will be a nightmare.

Georgia L Schlager

Just reading in the Bee, waterline work on William St between Transit and Lake is to begin June 1st.

A quote from the Bee-
    Town Engineer Robert Harris said the work is expected to begin around June 1 and last through the summer. While trenches are open, one lane will be closed to traffic for brief periods of time, he added.
    With one lane traffic at times, I will definitely avoid that area.

Georgia L Schlager

This is all the more reason to bring a Mighty Taco to downtown Lancaster.

I won't be able to go down William or Transit to get to the one on French and the one on Transit and Wherle is impossible to get into and out of.

What's a poor, fat, ole man to do?

Originally posted by gshowell:
    This is all the more reason to bring a Mighty Taco to downtown Lancaster.

I won't be able to go down William or Transit to get to the one on French and the one on Transit and Wherle is impossible to get into and out of.

I agree. I might take Aurora to Enchanted Forest to Forest Stream to Transit or Como Park to Transit. But it would be much better to have the Mighty in the village.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post

Having some idea of where you live, I think Walden and Union is quicker. Although they're moving later in the year to the old Krispy Kreme, so that will add a few minutes to the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja
    I agree. I might take Aurora to Enchanted Forest to Forest Stream to Transit or Como Park to Transit. But it would be much better to have the Mighty in the village.
    Again, for you Walden and Union is much closer.

Mighty on the SW c/o Walden and Central, maybe?

Originally posted by therising:
    Sounds good to me. It would be a little tough getting back onto Central to head north like trying to pull out of the bank across the street to head south on Central. I guess walking would be the smarter and healthier way to go.

Georgia L Schlager

Facebook campaign

Just a heads up that I created a group called "Help Bring Mighty Taco to the Village of Lancaster". If you do the Facebook thing,please join and feel free to add comments.

It may sound silly but businesses pay attention to this sort of thing and if nothing else, it's a start!

MM

Originally posted by therising:
    In other Lancaster business news, Benderson Development Co. has started construction on a 5,500-square-foot building at Walden and Central avenues in the village.
    The building at the southwest corner of the busy intersection is expected to house a restaurant with a drive-through and a retail business, said Jeffrey Stribing, the Village of Lancaster’s community development director.
    Benderson has not named a tenant and Eric Recoon, a company vice president, did not respond to messages from The Buffalo News on Tuesday.
    Benderson received approval for the project from village planners and the Village Board in March 2008 but didn’t begin excavation on the site until late last month, Stribing said.
    “I’m going to guess they have somebody showing some interest,” he said, adding with a laugh, “I want to see a Mighty Taco.”
    http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article486999.ece

Rising, you may be right. I hope rising is alright since he hasn't posted here since May.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article486999.ece

Rising, you may be right. I hope rising is alright since he hasn't posted here since May.
    You're right, it has been a spell.

My issue with Benderson is that he builds shell buildings and rarely gets them filled with renters. It would be nice to see something there--God I hope it isn't Mighty Taco...

Thread Information