Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
After the last three months in FL I come home and see this. the ticket salesman max back into the swing of things. this town is screwed up for the last 35 years and it gets more screwed up as the days move on. this pic reminds of the picture of the guys in the movie tombstone. everyone is useless here. they will never beat fish fry marks political machine not saying he needs to go too.

If I ran the town department heads wouldn't be elected they would be hired. I would use head hunters unless someone in the department was qualified through experience. Just because someone worked for a business for 25 years doesn't mean they can run the department they worked in. Doesn't mean they can't either but it depends on what they were doing for the last 25 years.

This is why when you see campaign material that says "Lived in the town all my life" or "worked in the department 25 years" that doesn't state any qualifications.

Now if the statement had some content like. "Worked in the department for 25 years as assistant supervisor" What would happen if the person running literally was just washing the windows of the Supervisors office for the last 25 years? That doesn't mean they should be our Supervisor.