Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Gallo endorses Ray, Dino and Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    People have seen the records of Jimmy and Frank.
    And I'm not just talking about their criminal records. That's bad, too.

HeHe

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    This was Gallo's remarks regarding his 2019 endorsed candidate for Lancaster supervisor
    from 4 years ago when she was running for town council. Apparently, her votes of 'YES'
    for the Tax Override law was considered as a Conservative move
    Yeah, that Gallo was a piece of work back then, too, gorja, and Brainard, LOL HA, we really showed him, gorja! You showed Brainard who was boss when he ran for highway supt., too. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    We did not label anything "wasteful", we just simply looked to reduce spending. For the 2019 budget we at first individually picked and chose how much to cut to each line. Ultimately we decided to cut the same percentage to ALL departments, we were told to leave what is cut up to the department heads.

The childish reason to reduce the same percentage from all dept. was so one dept would not say "you cut my budget more then another" I would of rather seen reductions to only those lines the numbers supported based on analyzing the past 5 years of ACTUAL budget numbers vs the adopted budget numbers.

While it’s commendable to reduce each dept budget by 5%, did you see the figures at the end of the year to see if that was actually the case? If highway cuts it’s budget but has to work overtime, then it is what it is. Also as you wrote, were these cuts from the projected budgets for the next year or off of the real money spent during the last several years? If they are bs cuts from numbers that are given for the following year then it’s useless, dept head say I want 1 milllllliiiooon dollars for 2019, ok cut 5%, I’ll take 950 instead, even though I spent 800 the year before. It’s all smoke and mirrors , someone just wants it to look like there is some oversight when there really isn’t.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Mostly in "government" can they advertise they cut spending by 10% yet the budget increases by 6%.

Or that someone is qualified for a position just because they have "lived in town all their lives" or "My father worked in town before me"... It's irrelevant to the persons skill set.

I'm still surprised Jim R has not consulted the current town board to point out the financial crisis we are heading towards. OR even called the news paper so us property owners knows what is in store.

And ever notice how certain groups of people will spend a large amount of money to "save" money money but in the end what is spent if far more than was will be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    While it’s commendable to reduce each dept budget by 5%, did you see the figures at the end of the year to see if that was actually the case? If highway cuts it’s budget but has to work overtime, then it is what it is. Also as you wrote, were these cuts from the projected budgets for the next year or off of the real money spent during the last several years? If they are bs cuts from numbers that are given for the following year then it’s useless, dept head say I want 1 milllllliiiooon dollars for 2019, ok cut 5%, I’ll take 950 instead, even though I spent 800 the year before. It’s all smoke and mirrors , someone just wants it to look like there is some oversight when there really isn’t.
    The CBAC analyzes adopted budget numbers vs actual, The cbac recommend 15% cuts across the board for 2019.

Adopted numbers are the guess the town makes for the next years budget, Actual numbers are what each dept actually spent the previous year.

The cbac goes back at least 5 years to look at spending trends and any jumps or drops in actual spending. Then we ask questions to find out what caused those jumps or drops.

Last year for the 2019 CBAC the first day I asked what are the expect expense increases for 2019 budget year?
    Brian Krause sent back a letter stating what they were and they were projected to be $2.9mil. I went home and did the math and determined that 15.6% would need to be cut from the part or the budget the cbac works with just to have ZERO tax increase for 2019 (we DO NOT work with the entire budget due to CBA's). The CBAC eventually voted on 15% cut, which was the largest recommended cut in the 3yrs of the cbac.

To know exactly what, where and how much was cut, we will have to wait for the CBAC to start and look over the data accounting provides us. (it is already behind previous years starts)

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm still surprised Jim R has not consulted the current town board to point out the financial crisis we are heading towards. OR even called the news paper so us property owners knows what is in store.
    Me too.

Also, what can Mr. Jablonski and Mr. Syymkowiak have to say about the so-called coming financial crisis? They are running right now to lead Cheektowaga.

You would think they would have already answered you, maybe on facebook. What's their plan?

I'm still surprised that Jablonski and Syymkowiak would let Jim R and Frank M anywhere near their campaigns.

What is their answer for that?

Maybe Jim R can tell people the answer, after all, he did use his committee on vacancies to replace himself for Jablonski.

It's also interesting that the longtime employment with the Town of Cheektowaga Highway Department brings a lot together about Frank Max, Jim Rogowski and Raymond Jablonski, especially the one explosive town board meeting where Jablonski stormed out after making an ugly seen. Says a lot about temperament and propriety, on the part of someone seeking to lead a community. Joe Gallo would probably love hearing that, though, just like Lancaster's Dino, Jablonski blowing his stack. Ha! I don't think Cheektowaga wants that kind of supervisor, nor someone who has the kind of campaign team that would make Tammany Hall blush.

Yeah, why aren't they running to the newspaper as WNYresident states?

Probably because the lines about their criminal past convictions would most certainly be in the story, as will their "managing" the campaign of one Raymond Jablonski.

Pretty sad, readers, pretty sad.

Unconfuse me please...are you actually saying this is what the Current Town Supervisor and Town Board do with our money? I understand your chart RES but if your saying this is how the Current Supervisor and TB are raising our taxes, why do you support them?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    Unconfuse me please...are you actually saying this is what the Current Town Supervisor and Town Board do with our money? I understand your chart RES but if your saying this is how the Current Supervisor and TB are raising our taxes, why do you support them?
    You know better.

For the last chunk of years which group controlled negotiations for the town? The "Cheektowaga Democratic party" correct?

Do you really think the people who are President and VP of the Union are going to work in the best interest of the property owners? You know, the people who literally pay the bill?

I have been told the reason some people in town down like the current Supervisor they are trying to make actual cuts contract wise and/or at least working on stopping some of the items that were written into contracts. I'm fine with that.

If I was Supervisor I'd privatize anything I could as long as it was in the best interest of the property owners. If the numbers worked out doing a service in house was better than privatization fine but all options need to be reviewed. If they are not then it means the town board is not working in the property owners best interest.

My livelihood and other property owners livelihoods are no less important than anyone else's including business owners "cost of doing business" in town.

I don't know better that's why I asked the question! I believe we all should look at who's running and why I feel they should get my vote. I like your answer that defends the Town Supervisor, but basically says everyone else is worthless..I especially love your "If I was Town Supervisor I'd privatize everything", fact is your not running and the Current Supervisor is. Why have we not heard anything about the current Supervisor bringing up privatization if its such a savings? Maybe she has, but I have not heard that come from the Supervisor's Office. Finally I would ask you to point out who in the last chuck of years, as you put it has negotiated with the unions and who voted a nay or yea? We all cant constantly generalize our complaints to the whole town board, can we? It all takes a vote! We don't know how the candidates will run our town, but we didn't know how the current ones would either.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm taking the lessor of two evils.

We have seen some good things from the current group on the town board but I don't really see the elephant in the room being tackled.

I didn't say everyone else is worthless.

I stated which group has gotten us to the point we are at.

I especially love your "If I was Town Supervisor I'd privatize everything", fact is your not running and the Current Supervisor is.
    I'm allowed to make that comment. I really do own 3 small businesses and work all the time. My choice. I'm just saying what I'd do.

Why have we not heard anything about the current Supervisor bringing up privatization if its such a savings? Maybe she has, but I have not heard that come from the Supervisor's Office.
    I don't know. Many times people don't like to think out of the box. Why would any administration have an issue looking into it?...OH I know why. That little ol friends and family plan. Or the excuse "our hands are tied".. Well someone tied them and that wasn't in the property owner's best interest.

Finally I would ask you to point out who in the last chuck of years, as you put it has negotiated with the unions and who voted a nay or yea? We all cant constantly generalize our complaints to the whole town board, can we? It all takes a vote! We don't know how the candidates will run our town, but we didn't know how the current ones would either.
    Good point. One thing I do know is someone is pushing to have two days a week off full pay for Union business they would be the first to give themselves/friends raises.

I'm taking the lessor of two evils.

I don't know about that! Diane B. seems pretty inspirational to me. The other one seems like his intentions are more aligned with evil doers, to say the least.

That little ol friends and family plan.
    Yeah, Jimmy Rogowski would never think of something like that.

And Jablonski???

One thing I do know is someone is pushing to have two days a week off full pay for Union business they would be the first to give themselves/friends raises.
    Hmmmm, what about the political "business" with Frank Max and Jimmy Rogowski? I wonder if they expect anything? It would seem reasonable to think that Frank Max and Jim Rogowski see Ray Jablonski as their way back into town government and the affairs of the Democratic Party in Cheektowaga. God help the town and the party if that would ever happen.

Again, I think of the town board meeting where Jablonski demonstrated a style that pretty much resembles what you're writing about, WNYresident.

Don't forget the "debt" of gratitude Jablonski would own good-ol-boy Joe Gallo.

It will be interesting to see what ol Joe does for Ray.

Hearing Joe's rant at the beginning of the thread makes me wanna open my checkbook and contribute to this dynamic town supervisor's campaign.

Boy, Frank looks like he's in charge here

This was posted in a Cheektowaga facebook page

This picture should be shown over and over, let it sink in, what's at stake with the return of these politicians.

He is what is odd. I am pro Union. What I am not is pro never ending cost increases and having the elderly, young families including myself taxed out of our homes.
    hahaha res your funny pro union.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Boy, Frank looks like he's in charge here

This picture should be shown over and over, let it sink in, what's at stake with the return of these politicians.
    After the last three months in FL I come home and see this. the ticket salesman max back into the swing of things. this town is screwed up for the last 35 years and it gets more screwed up as the days move on. this pic reminds of the picture of the guys in the movie tombstone. everyone is useless here. they will never beat fish fry marks political machine not saying he needs to go too.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    hahaha res your funny pro union.
    I actually am. I'm not pro monopoly of services. There is a difference. We have unions at Ford, GM and what ever companies compete against them. If the union at GM causes their cars to cost too much i'm not forced to purchase from them. I can purchase from Ford, Toyota or Kia. That is how I look at it.

I know people who own businesses that would pay their people a buck an hour if they could so I see where a union could be valuable. BUT on the other hand I know business owners who pay their employees very well including treating them way fair so there is no need.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information