https://amhersttimes.com/why-amherst...-board-part-1/
Article from Amherst times..interesting reading...
Why Amherst Has So Many Losers on the Town Board – Part 1
May 2, 2019

I have been involved in Amherst politics since I moved here in 1988. I joined the Amherst Democratic Committee at that time but left the ADC around 2012. Since that time the chairman of the ADC has used many tactics to keep me from rejoining the ADC.

In the upcoming November local election in Amherst, it is important for the public to understand how politics work in Amherst. Power and greed are the driving forces, as they are in nearly all the towns in N.Y.S. The money and power brokers control who the candidates are going to be. A developer planning a project knows who takes money on every board in Amherst, including the Amherst IDA. The Amherst Town Board chooses who will be on the Amherst IDA.

Jeremy Zellner and Nick Langworthy are the Chairmen of the two major political parties in Amherst. The power and money brokers tell them how much money they will donate to their party. Of course, they choose the candidates who run for election in Amherst and who will be put into non-elected positions. In due time, Amherst Democratic Committee Chairman Jerry Schad was informed which individuals would be candidates in Amherst.

The choices for the 2 seats on our Town Board are really sad. Three of the choices for TB, with the exception of Councilwoman Debbie Bucki, are people who owed their allegiance to one party boss or another. This means contractors, developers, and anyone who has power can get anything they want from our TB and sh_t to the people needs.

There are 4 candidates running for the two-seats on our TB. Each one answers to their parties’ leaders except Debbie Bucki. Two of the candidates are directly under the thumb of Mr. Polancarz. One of them, Mike Zukala, is a close personal friend and stooge of Poloncarz.
(Part 2 tomorrow)