Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Bee" Continues To Give Me Hives!

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I strongly suggest that the comment bracketed above is BS, and that you need to read more carefully, because this is what I said:

The bracketed comment is a speculative question, not a settled assertion. If that question does in fact have merit, then this comment...

...would suggest a historical perspective, and not a contradiction contemporaneous to 2015.

That Ms. Gorja, is a valid speculation, and not a complete conclusion.

The bracketed above suggests an unintended consequence, and not a calculated outcome.

That is a just the simple truth.

That is a very supportive, sympathetic comment, which I truly value, but must in my mind, necessarily yield to the pursuit of what I perceive to be the greater interests of the town.

Now, Gorja, Shortstuff, and the presumed instigators from Ms. Gaczewski's bi-partisan opposition:

In America, we select our leaders for a term of office; we do not install them for life. As such, we cast our votes as citizens at the polling place, not as Cardinals in Sacred Conclave.

As such, I reserve my rights to re-evaluate the suitability of each and every office holder, on the occasion each and every election relevant to their service, and to do so without constipated obsession linked to past issues.

This is 2019, not 2015, and the perceived issues about which you are apparently obsessing, were litigated by the voters four years ago, and have no relevance in this election year.

So, you may tell the assumed bi-partisan instigating current and former power holders to chew on someone else, because I don't acquiesce when pressured, and detest attempts to intimidate voters.
    Whatever

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Whatever
    Whatever?

Thanx for this final exchange on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Further alarming, I was asking an administrator on NYS Facebook page to direct me to a link that supports the claim this administrator was making that Chris Jacob's is anti-Trump based on Jacob's voting record regarding abortion. I found that Jacobs was pro-life. So when I asked the administrator to direct me to the information that Jacob was pro-abortion, he bullied me and gave me a warning. It is because I did not comply with his narrative.
    BTW Shortstuff, this was the admistrator's original narrative:

...shared a link.
    Admin · May 18 at 9:26 AM
    Chris Jacobs is challenging Chris Collins for the NY-27 seat.

With the likes of conservative giants such as David DiPietro and David Bellavia as potential candidates, he is not my first choice.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...qveloKv3UDhfyE
    That is hardly a devastating indictment of Jacobs and certainly does not preclude the administrator's future support. Rather, the administrator's "narrative" merely suggests that the conservative credentials of other candidates appear to be far less hesitant.

To claim as you have, that Chris Jacobs is firmly "Pro-Life, based on his vote on the "Reproductive Health Act" is laughable. Together with a voting record replete with "Did Not Vote" notations on a myriad of issues , the Jacobs history of past comments and positions visa v "Pro-Choice" may prove problematic for him. Consider the information contained in these links:

The Jacobs vote on the extreme "Reproductive Health Act" may indicate that he is anti-Infanticide, but does not address his broader position on the abortion issue.

Your assertion, IMHO, may be analogous to holding that the Nazis who felt that the evil execution of was of six million Jews was excessive, and therefore, they were not anti-Semitic.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 4th, 2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Guess, I'll have to express my opinion here, since the open minded Republican chair has me blocked from commenting

Desiderio is clueless.

Town clerk candidate cluelessly stated in regards to the town’s new refuse contract, “charging us for services other municipalities provide their residents for free”
    Wonder what her definition of ‘free’ is. Maybe, it’s like Clinton’s definition of ‘is’.
    Desiderio would be paying higher amounts in surrounding municipalities. Clarence - $412
    Elma - $444
    Cheektowaga - $505. with her current home’s assessment
    Alden was $172. in 2018. New contract for 2019. I do not know tax implications.

Desiderio also calls the ‘Yellow sticker’ garbage fee the current town clerk’s tax. One of the town clerk/receiver of taxes duties is to collect fees and taxes. She has no vote on such taxes and fees.

Again, clueless of the duties of the office she seeks.

I’ll take Diligent Diane over Dizzy Desi in any election
    Mr. Sojka would probably agree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Mr. Sojka would probably agree with you here.
    Spot on Neubs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information