Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
The following was posted in this week’s Lancaster Bee Heard:

As a resident of Lancaster, I’m very disappointed with the garbage contract. Why can Alden put out 10 items in its bulk trash while Lancaster is limited to three? It makes no sense. Why wasn’t a list of dates sent out letting us know when bulk trash would be picked up? You put it out and it isn’t picked up. It’s useless.

The new trash contract is very restrictive when it comes to bulk pickup items. Many of us have posted objections to the limit of items picked up and the way bulk items must be stored for the once-per month pickup day.

According to Supervisor Coleman the contract agreement was negotiated with cost to the taxpayer in mind and in the name of fairness where residents / businesses would pay according to the amount of garbage generated.

It is what it is. Many residents are taking the advice of Supervisor Coleman and others in approaching neighbors to accept trash or bulk items when they have the capacity / ability to do so - you have 6 items, I have none, place 3 in my driveway.

As to letting residents know when bulk items will be picked up in their neighborhood, mailers were sent out by Waste Management with scheduled pickup dates for trash, recyclables and bulk. And, the town has the schedule posted on it’s website.
We are only 4 items short of Alden per year. They're allowed 10 items per quarter (40) and we're 3 items per month (36)

Really not a big deal