Thread: I have discovered Roku and cut the cord - Cord Cutters

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I have discovered Roku and cut the cord - Cord Cutters

Roku Ultra Streaming TV

https://amzn.to/2Yv5ciX

Short story...

The cable bill went up. Then end

Started off with the $99 a month for Spectrum TV that included news, internet and phone.

Year went by and the new bill went up to $144....

More time went by and the new price for March with taxes climbed to about $185.00

Me being "frugal" called to see if there were any bundled packages.

When all was said and done I ended up going to basic TV which is basically no news and the bill with taxes would be about $140 a month.

I realized I missed Cnn/Fox. I don't watch TV but will have it on to listen in the back ground.

So while in battle in Player Unknown Battleground one of the guys said.. Just get youtube TV it has everything you want. I said my technically challenged other 1/2 might have issues using the apps on the TV. Samsung from 2015. He said just get Roku with the remote.

I fiddled around with youtube TV with the tv but couldn't get it to work. The youtube app for the TV doesn't support their TV service. The newer samsung TVs or Roku TVs support YouTube TV.

Sunday I went to best buy and spent $99 on the Roku Ultra. The Roku Streaming Media Player Long Range Wireless and Voice Remote would have been fine but I want to hard wire the network. Right now I have it wifi 5g and it's great.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/roku-ultra

Top-of-the-line with a quad-core processor and our best wireless, the Roku Ultra is perfect for heavy streaming in HD, 4K, and HDR.

Get a connection that stands up to what you want to stream with dual-band wireless—or use the Ethernet port for wired streaming.

It’s got all the bells and whistles, including a voice remote with TV power and volume buttons. Plus, get premium JBL headphones for private listening, lost remote finder, and night listening.

Don’t just watch your favorite shows, be immersed in them. Whether you’re streaming in HD, 4K, or HDR, you’ll get picture quality that’s optimized for your TV with crisp details and rich color.
    I spent no more than 15 minutes setting it up.

I"m going to look over a few other streaming options over the week.

The free content alone makes getting the lower cost version of Roku worth it.

https://amzn.to/2Ws7L3o

Tomorrow I'll post up what happened when I called Spectrum today to cancel the TV service

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    These are the included channels for Youtube TV

The additional networks are available for a monthly fee

youtube TV channels

Base Package is $40 a month

------------------------------------

NBA League Pass
    All out-of-market games and no ads $40 a month or Complete 2018–19 season $40

Showtime $7 a month

Starz $9 a month

CuriosityStream $3 a month. I might have to get that.

Fox Soccer Plus $15 a month

AMC Premier $5 a month

Shudder Now $5 a month

Sundance Now $7 a month

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Roku Tvs

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well I'm happy with Roku

Clear picture

I've started looking into streaming services but none have all the fringe channels that I actually would want to keep, and still bundle in channels I don't care about, so I'd either have to do mutliple different services or lose the handful of channels that I actually do want. Right now as bad as spectrum is with pricing I'm not sure it would be worth cutting cable.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Check this one out.

https://www.fubo.tv/

Looks like 90 channels

Top channels of movies, shows & more. Just $54.99 per month. Just $44.99 for your first month.

What is fuboTV?
    fuboTV is a service that broadcasts live TV over the internet, no cable required. Watch your favorite teams, network shows, news and movies on 100+ channels. Plus on-demand entertainment including full TV series.

Can I watch soccer leagues live with fuboTV?
    Yes! fuboTV networks broadcast La Liga, Premier League, Champions League, MLS, Ligue 1, Liga MX and many others leagues and tournaments.

Does fuboTV have channels like NBC, FOX and CBS?
    Yes, fuboTV has FOX*, CBS* and NBC* as well as AMC, TNT, TBS, SHOWTIME®, FX, HGTV, CNBC, CNN, SYFY, USA, Bravo, A&E, Food Network, E!, National Geographic, Oxygen, Lifetime and History Channel among others. *Regional restrictions apply.

What are some shows I can watch on fuboTV?
    fuboTV gives you live and on-demand access to top shows like This Is Us, The Simpsons, The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Shark Tank, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, House Hunters, Saturday Night Live, Chopped, Tucker Carlson, Rachel Maddow, Empire, Family Guy, Atlanta, Legion, Mr. Robot, The Royals, Billions, Shameless, Ray Donovan… the list keeps growing.

Are leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB and others available?
    Absolutely! Not only does fuboTV have the NFL, NBA and MLB, but you can also watch NHL, NASCAR, golf, boxing, MMA, tennis, college sports and more. Plus full coverage of specials including the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup Playoffs, Olympics and Triple Crown.

Is fuboTV available where I live?
    Current fuboTV is available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Package and pricing differ per country.

Can I record games & shows?
    Yes, every fuboTV account includes 30 hours of Cloud DVR space at no extra charge. You can hit record from one devices, start watching on another, and finish in another.

How much does fuboTV cost?
    Prices vary based on your plan and selected add-ons. Our most popular plan in the United States includes 75+ channels at $54.99 per month.

Do I have to sign a contract?
    No. fuboTV is strictly on a month-to-month basis. Your subscription will automatically renew until you choose to cancel your account in your profile.

What if I want to cancel?
    We’d hate to see you go, but we understand. That’s why we’ve made it easy. Cancel online anytime without paying fees.

What devices can I watch fuboTV on?
    You can watch fuboTV on your computer, iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV.

Can I stream shows on my TV?
    Yes. The easiest way to watch fuboTV on your TV is with a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast. Simply install the fuboTV app on your device to stream on your TV.

How many devices can I simultaneously watch on?
    fuboTV can be actively streamed on two devices at the same time. Need a third stream? Add Family Share to your account for an additional $5.99/mo.
    I see they have the history channel...

I am converting my Spectrum Boxes to Roku as well. Started a couple months ago and if you have Spectrum for Internet you get to use the Spectrum App to get all the channels.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Check this out.

After my first attempt to lower the bill I called back to cancel just the TV service all together.

Instead of saying "Thank You for using our service for years" they try to sell you once again. "Let's see what we can do".

I said I went through that already on Friday and the woman insured me what we did was the best Spectrum has to offer.

He wouldn't cancel what I asked for until he went through his sales pitch. I said I already picked up a roku and I'm very happy with it.

"Oh we also have a streaming service. Can you go to this website"

https://www.spectrumchoicechannels.com/

For $15 dollars you get to pick 10 channels from the line up. You add $12 more for a total of $27 a month you get locals. The chart shows locals "included" but in the end that is if you pay the $12 plus the $15 if I understood correctly.

I have had Roku for years, and it is great. Try Pluto on Roku and there are thousands of other thing to watch, also add XUMO. Enjoy

Thread Information