Thread: 101 Amazing Historical Photos Volume 2

Tony Fracasso - Admin

101 Amazing Historical Photos Volume 2

17:10 into the video.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rip_(dog)

Rip was found as a stray following a heavy bombing raid of Poplar, London in 1940 by Air Raid Warden Mr E. King.[1] He was thrown scraps by Mr King, who expected the dog to leave, but the two struck up a friendship.[2] Mr King worked at post B132 in Poplar, London where Rip was adopted as mascot of the Southill Street Air Raid Patrol.[3] He began acting as an unofficial rescue dog, being used to sniff out casualties trapped beneath buildings,[1] and became the service's first search and rescue dog.[2]
    Rip was not trained for search and rescue work, but took to it instinctively.[4] In twelve months between 1940 and 1941, he found over a hundred victims of the air raids in London.[2] His success has been held partially responsible for prompting the authorities to train search and rescue dogs towards the end of World War II.[5]
    How welcome to the victims must have been the first sounds of those scrabbling paws, shrill terrier yaps, and the first sight of the grinning Tommy Brock face with its merry friendly eyes.

101 Amazing Historical Photos Volume 2

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I like the old photos and stuff. As weird as it sound I think of my grandfather's age against the dates of the photos or news articles.

Like at 4:30 into the video. My grandfather was born in 1905. James Dean 1955. My grandfather was 50 years old. Basically my age. You can sort of relate what the current issues/news was when he was my age.

OR

11:49 into the video.

1933 Machine gun kelly was in the news. My grandfather was only 28 and probably heard news on the radio about this.

He passed in 1998. That was 20 years ago and it went by in a blink of an eye.

And that's why you don't let people crap on you like what we see coming from the DNC and the locals that support the utter nonsense we have been reading for the last 10+ years.

Thread Information