Thread: America is changing...add another star to our US Flag

America is changing...add another star to our US Flag

If you haven't heard about the new Bill HR 2499 hits the floor of congress tomorrow to vote if Purto Rico be added to the USA as its 51 state. This is nothing n the last time this came up was in 1993 however, with George bush being the the Chief of State of Purto Rico Obama is pushing to add them under our flag..... Purto Rico is our commonwealth its people are US citizens but adding them to our flag will make them full US citizens.... The benefit for America only goes to our politicians like Obama wants to make sure he is re-elected seems he will do anything to become our ruler as we see his handling of Arizona State.... This move would help Purto Rico population by giving them a better income level by closing their income gap, otherwise, it is still up to the people of Purto Rico.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2502452/posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuU5KKYvqpw
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

!

Here is another site to view for its pros and cons on statehood for Purto Rico

http://www.essortment.com/all/puertoricansta_rdla.htm
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I was in PR last year... they dont' want to be part of the US, then they'd have to pay all our taxes! And be responsible for our debt!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Riven, you have got to be one of the biggest tools around here. This in no way allows Puerto Rico to become a state. What it does is allow Puerto Rico to vote every 8 years to see if they want to continue as they are, become independent, or become a state. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE US ADMITTING A NEW STATE!!! IT ONLY ALLOWS PUERTO RICANS TO OFFICIALLY DECLARE WHETHER THEY WANT TO BE A STATE OR NOT!!!

Why, oh why do you rubes not bother to actually research what you're being told?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

And Doogie, THEY'RE ALREADY A PART OF THE U.S.!!

What the hell is wrong with you people???
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

According to Obama, that would make 58.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Riven, you have got to be one of the biggest tools around here. This in no way allows Puerto Rico to become a state. What it does is allow Puerto Rico to vote every 8 years to see if they want to continue as they are, become independent, or become a state. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE US ADMITTING A NEW STATE!!! IT ONLY ALLOWS PUERTO RICANS TO OFFICIALLY DECLARE WHETHER THEY WANT TO BE A STATE OR NOT!!!

Why, oh why do you rubes not bother to actually research what you're being told?

um, that would make 51 states, if they decide to become a state, does it not?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    And Doogie, THEY'RE ALREADY A PART OF THE U.S.!!

What the hell is wrong with you people???
    Sorry I ment they didn't want to become a state... Testy aren't we today!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    um, that would make 51 states, if they decide to become a state, does it not?
    Uh, no.

If they voted that they want to become a state, then that's nice for them, but that's about all it is.

For someone who claims to cherish our country so much, you're displaying a pretty poor grasp of our Constitution. Go take a look at Art IV, Sec 3 of the Constitution...it'll tell you what it takes to become a state (hint: a geographically grouped bunch of people saying "please" doesn't quite cut it)
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Riven, you got me all excited I thought it was going to be the Republic of WNY.....damn.

Ps PR enjoys everything that being a US state has anyway.

Thread Information