Thread: NY Gov. Cuomo, lawmakers reach deal to ban plastic bags

Tony Fracasso - Admin

NY Gov. Cuomo, lawmakers reach deal to ban plastic bags

NY Gov. Cuomo, lawmakers reach deal to ban plastic bags

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo and fellow Democrats who control the state Legislature are poised to have New York join California as the only states to ban single-use plastic bags.

The statewide ban agreement would be part of the state budget that's due by Monday. The ban wouldn't take effect until next March. The plan also calls for allowing local governments the option to impose a 5-cent fee on paper bags.
    https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...t5Bg5KJhmqJRzY

The plan also calls for allowing local governments the option to impose a 5-cent fee on paper bags.
    Why is a tax needed on paper bags?

What the hell is wrong with these people.

If this ban is against single use plastic bags what about:

One use plastic trash bags? I don't see those bags being reused

One use plastic bags your medications come in. When I go to the drug store to pick up my blood pressure meds they are in a single use plastic bag

What about best buy? They put many things in a one use plastic bag on your way out....

What about restaurants that put your left overs into a plastic one use bag?

Subway wraps your subs in paper but then puts them into a one use plastic bag...

There are a lot of examples.

Then the people in Albany think it's ok to put a tax on an alternative bag you would use because of the plastic bag ban?

Another smart move by the Gov, stats will show New Yorkers moving back by the thousands, sorry Florida but we’re sure to get the House seat back next year

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Am I looking at the new law the wrong way? Or is it only targeted at 1 use plastic bags with that are only used for groceries?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Am I looking at the new law the wrong way? Or is it only targeted at 1 use plastic bags with that are only used for groceries?
    Dry cleaner bags ok, newspaper bags ok, ziplock bags ok, not sure if provision is still in there for a surcharge of 5 cents on certain grocery bags which would then be used to provide “free” bags to the poor, this crap just gets more out of control everyday

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And I get my "Governor Cuomo" email that makes the statement. This "historic budget"

What the hell is so historic about over taxing people for quite a bit of bull****?

And then people on our local town boards see the example he makes and believe what they do with tax increases is just find and good.

Yet we are going to see the ecdems.com and supporting dem board members front and center for him come election time.

Thread Information