Thread: I hate Cell phones but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I hate Cell phones but

this new proposal for a new law to ticket you for walking across the street with your cell phone, ipod, blackberry etc...is another stupid way for NYS to crab more money from you to fill their pockets...This is a waist of time, and a wasit of my tax dollars being misused by this state.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I knew this would come up...

You DO know that this is a bill offered by 1 state senator, unseconded, and with no other vocal support, right? That literally only 1 representative has said it's a good idea?

You've been caught by our local media's cooked up hysteria...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Mothertruckin effluvia!

Does this mean I'll be forced to listen to traffic noise instead of music when I walk?
    Yo-ho Yo-ho a pirates life for me

Quote Originally Posted by run4it

You DO know that this is a bill offered by 1 state senator, unseconded, and with no other vocal support, right? That literally only 1 representative has said it's a good idea?

Yes but the point is what stupid idiot would wast everyones time to even come up with such a ridiculous thing.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer
    Yes but the point is what stupid idiot would wast everyones time to even come up with such a ridiculous thing.

I wonder the same.

I also wonder what his constituents think of his waste of time and energy...

What's next, don't chew gum and walk at the same time because you might choke?

No doubt..

Next thing you know they wont let you use your phone while driving a car!

Or... Maybe the will make you wear your seatbelt in your own car!
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Quote Originally Posted by LaNdReW
    Next thing you know they wont let you use your phone while driving a car!

Or... Maybe the will make you wear your seatbelt in your own car!

News flash! I Use the cell phone while driving and sometimes I do not even put on the seatbelt. So what of it? Does someone own the my space in the vehicle compartment I thought I owned? If that is the case then I should be charging someone rent.

I better close the pie hole with the luck I have been having lately this will come back and bite me you know where......

"Anyone who posts on this thread is no more than a little crack ho." - Nipsy Russell
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by run4it

Yes I do, however for this type of bill to even be concider is something to keep an eye on...there are other stange bills coming up to like no smoking in your car with kids are in it. Also, arresting parents for having their kids missing a set appointmentt for guidenss appointments in school makig it a felnoy for the parents...what i am seeing are these strange bills, proposals, and canging vies in america...I believe americas days are number, and we're headed for a rud awaking soon.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    Yes I do, however for this type of bill to even be concider is something to keep an eye on...there are other stange bills coming up to like no smoking in your car with kids are in it. Also, arresting parents for having their kids missing a set appointmentt for guidenss appointments in school makig it a felnoy for the parents...what i am seeing are these strange bills, proposals, and canging vies in america...I believe americas days are number, and we're headed for a rud awaking soon.

It will get to a point and people will start taking matters into there own hands by means they see fit to get the job done.

To many laws and policies are not a good thing. The more these said policies challenge my freedom the more I rebell. Again, I use my cell phone where ever I damn well please. Cop stops me. They will have to find the cell phone.... What cell phone, do have a video of me on the cell phone using it while driving. I do not recall a cell phone. Don't know where a cell phone is... Prove it! If I cause an accident with the cell phone then I am responsible for the accident. The cell phone law was passed for one thing and that is to collect more revenue.... Don't kid yourself...... People eating food while driving is more dangerous.

more downstate nanny statism who's real purpose is revenue not safety
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Unregistered

It will get to a point and people will start taking matters into there own hands by means they see fit to get the job done.

To many laws and policies are not a good thing. The more these said policies challenge my freedom the more I rebell. Again, I use my cell phone where ever I damn well please. Cop stops me. They will have to find the cell phone.... What cell phone, do have a video of me on the cell phone using it while driving. I do not recall a cell phone. Don't know where a cell phone is... Prove it! If I cause an accident with the cell phone then I am responsible for the accident. The cell phone law was passed for one thing and that is to collect more revenue.... Don't kid yourself...... People eating food while driving is more dangerous.

Someone told me they were ticketed in Amherst for a cell-phone violation, and they didn't even have one in the vehicle. The cop wouldn't believe him and wouldn't even search the vehicle as requested by the individual that received the appearance ticket.

Are we becoming a Totalitarianist nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    Someone told me they were ticketed in Amherst for a cell-phone violation, and they didn't even have one in the vehicle. The cop wouldn't believe him and wouldn't even search the vehicle as requested by the individual that received the appearance ticket.
    Sometimes I like to drive around with one hand up to my ear in the fist postion and pretend I'm talking to the Pope. I got pulled over by cops twice for that so far. When they approach the car I roll down the window and tell the cop to hold on a minute I'm on the phone with the Pope and point to my empty fist. Man...we both laugh so hard snot actually comes out of the cop's nose.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Thread Information