Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing Eastern Hills Mall

Leftie, when you eliminate on site parking at businesses you eliminate parking. See eg The Irishman.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, when you eliminate on site parking at businesses you eliminate parking. See eg The Irishman.
    Who is 'you' in your statement? Are you referencing the outdoor patio that the owner extended? Or the redevelopment project next door.

Consider it this way, there is a small section of the Village that is very close to critical mass to where the businesses don't need a parking lot for their customers in order to make money. You, as someone who doesn't live in the Village, might not like having front door parking. But it also doesn't mean you're entitled to it either.

When I come back to visit, it is very likely I will eat at Share and have a couple at Moor Pat. Neither of these places have a single reserved parking space. But it doesn't matter. In places with critical mass parking doesn't matter.

Leftie, I’m not sure what you mean by “critical mass”. If you mean there’s enough people living nearby and walking to the places to keep them afloat so that parking isn’t needed for sales and therefore “doesn’t matter” I suppose you’re right. And if there’s no parking this keeps those nasty outsiders away...which, as I’ve consistently maintained, is the goal of the “planning” used by suburban white Democratic Totalitarians who cover their racism up through terms like “walkable communities”. Leftie, I’ve actually sat in public meetings and listened to Williamville residents complain about proposed developments because of the “class of people” that will be working in those establishments. “Now if it was a medical building you wanted to build that would bring a better type of worker that might be different...”

Not that I am 100% familiar with every 'lifestyle center', but those of which I am aware have no issues with parking whatsoever. They have massive parking facilities - free - paid - valet - etc.

The Village of Williamsville is - IMO - not hampered whatsoever (at least at this point) by parking availability. Possibly, one may say that awareness (signage for parking, for example) is a bit challenged. If anything, the Village is hampered by its day-to-day offerings. A well done 'lifestyle center' should not have either problem.

I truly believe that WS's center will be the springboard that (finally) makes 'lifestyle centers' a thang in WNY. Fingers crossed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information