Thread: Finally, someone gets it!

Finally, someone gets it!

I was pleased to read that we finally have a president who recognizes the folly of pissing away millions upon millions of taxpayer dollars on a city that is rotten to core with corruption and with a population, the majority of whom never have held a job, have no desire to hold one and lack the basic education to hold one in any event.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can you elaborate?

The article in the shoe shine rag about Trump’s budget “decimating” Buffalo. Just one example, the CDBG money given to Buffalo is a prime source of funds to create do nothing jobs for friends of city officials and it has been for at least 20 years. Other communities, Tonawanda and Amherst for example, have real programs that use CDGB funds to improve and repair aging, abandoned housing stock in those towns.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OH you mean the Community Development Block Grants.

Were you referring to this article?

Trump budget would decimate Great Lakes initiative

WASHINGTON – Less than five weeks after President Trump vowed that his fight for border wall funding "won't affect Buffalo at all," he proposed a fiscal 2020 budget with $8.6 billion in new wall money – along with a 90 percent cut in Great Lakes funding, the elimination of the program that brings Buffalo its largest chunk of federal cash and the end of federal heating aid for the poor.

That being the case, the spending plan Trump released Monday received a less than warm reception from local Republicans and Democrats alike.

Rep. Tom Reed, a Corning Republican, offered a mixed review of Trump’s budget, noting that he had “some broad agreements in regards to the border security issue.”

“But,” Reed added, “I do disagree with the president's budget when it comes to certain items – the minutiae if you would," such as the cuts in Great Lakes funding.
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/12/t...ocal-programs/

I think I know what it is. Jerry Zremski isn't thinking with an open mind. He isn't looking at the big picture.

I might be just too stupid but it's my opinion the wall is needed. It's needed to try to stop the flow of drugs and people illegally entering the country.

I think it's dishonest to say people here illegally add to the economy. If they was the case why are they not adding to the economy where they come from? Next people here illegally have to cost the net tax payers money. Like when it comes to medical cost and public service cost like schooling. Correct?

As an example. Let say 1000 people illegally entered the USA and settled in Cheektowaga. I looked up the average size of households south of the border. I see 3.9 but we'll round up to 4.

So if 250 couples (500 people) had 2 kids each (250 couples X 2 kids = 500 kids) = 1000 people. Wouldn't those 500 children have to go to school or would all 500 be home schooled? Now wouldn't that be an extra 500 kids in ONE OF THE SIX OR SEVEN Cheektowaga School districts? 500 kids require enough teachers and support stuff that the property owners have to pay for. Correct? I can frame this 20 different ways but in the end someone is footing the bill.

If we can shave like 30,000,000 billion a year in support cost for people illegally here couldn't that money go towards lake cleanup, politically connected jobs, road repair and items like that instead?

If we can save just one life from an over dose we need to build the wall. OMG... I just said something someone from the DNC would say.

Thread Information