Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I receiving multiple emails about the IP party.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Lately, it looks like the Conservative whores are in bed with the Republican whores. The Republicans just hand the Conservatives a list of who they are endorsing and the Conservatives just rubber stamp it.
    At least, that's what happens on the local level..

haha, such brilliance.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Maybe, you should ask local people who have been endorsed by the Independence party at recent elections what the process was to receive support.

Do you even know what endorsements are?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

In general how did Nick or Jeremy become the local party chair people of the county groups? Is that where the committee people come into play or is that something handed down from the state level?
    I will explain how it works in Erie County...

First though I want to make mention of this: just because a person gets the endorsement from a political party that has a line on the ballot, does not mean that person automatically gets on the ballot. That person still must get a percentage of signatures from people registered on the line they want. All a party endorsement means is that the committee will help get signatures and also help with funding. I have a designated petition for Lynn Dixon in front of me right now. I have been working on getting registered voters in my party in my district to sign the petition for her.

That said..

1. In Erie County each town has a set number of districts and set number of party committeemen for each district. In my town we have 4 districts and 2 committeemen represent each district. We have 8 committeemen.

2. To become a committeeman a person must get signatures on a Designated Petition just like someone running for elected office.

3. Unlike those in elected offices (mayors, supervisors, town board committeemen etc) a party committeeman does not need to have an election if there are only the amount of people who get enough signatures in each district as amount of spaces. Example, in my town I am in district 2, there are only two spots allowed for this district with my party, every two years we must get the mentioned signatures. If only two people get the required amount of signatures they are in. If a third or more get the required amount there is an election. This election takes place on the day of the primary election. Not many realize that this election even happens. I know someone who lost by 3 votes once.

4. Every two years each town party has an organizational meeting and that town's party leadership is nominated and voted on. Chairman, Co-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary (also sometimes deputy committeemen, they are on the committee but have no vote).

5. Every two years the leadership of all the town committees get together and hold a County wide organizational meeting and County Party leaders are nominated and voted on. In my party it is very organized, as Nick Langworthy does an outstanding job.

6. This is done state wide too, the Republican Party in NY statewide is a disaster right now. The state party chairman is a total failure and needs to go..... .. many of us hope Nick can take over someday. He has done an outstanding job in Erie County, where we are outnumbered almost 2 to 1 in registrations.

I have been fortunate to gain some wisdom on how things work from long time co-chairman of the Erie county Party, Mr. Carmen Vacco, his son is Dennis Vacco is a past NY State Attorney General. Mr Vacco was the long time Chairman of my local town party committee. I am currently the treasurer of my Town Committee.

Any questions, please do ask, I will try to get you the correct answer. Election law in NY is very crazy.
    Last edited by Frank Broughton; March 8th, 2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I will explain how it works in Erie County...

First though I want to make mention of this: just because a person gets the endorsement from a political party that has a line on the ballot, does not mean that person automatically gets on the ballot. That person still must get a percentage of signatures from people registered on the line they want. All a party endorsement means is that the committee will help get signatures and also help with funding. I have a designated petition for Lynn Dixon in front of me right now. I have been working on getting registered voters in my party in my district to sign the petition for her.

That said..

1. In Erie County each town has a set number of districts and set number of party committeemen for each district. In my town we have 4 districts and 2 committeemen represent each district. We have 8 committeemen.

2. To become a committeeman a person must get signatures on a Designated Petition just like someone running for elected office.

3. Unlike those in elected offices (mayors, supervisors, town board committeemen etc) a party committeeman does not need to have an election if there are only the amount of people who get enough signatures in each district as amount of spaces. Example, in my town I am in district 2, there are only two spots allowed for this district with my party, every two years we must get the mentioned signatures. If only two people get the required amount of signatures they are in. If a third or more get the required amount there is an election. This election takes place on the day of the primary election. Not many realize that this election even happens. I know someone who lost by 3 votes once.

4. Every two years each town party has an organizational meeting and that town's party leadership is nominated and voted on. Chairman, Co-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary (also sometimes deputy committeemen, they are on the committee but have no vote).

5. Every two years the leadership of all the town committees get together and hold a County wide organizational meeting and County Party leaders are nominated and voted on. In my party it is very organized, as Nick Langworthy does an outstanding job.

6. This is done state wide too, the Republican Party in NY statewide is a disaster right now. The state party chairman is a total failure and needs to go..... .. many of us hope Nick can take over someday. He has done an outstanding job in Erie County, where we are outnumbered almost 2 to 1 in registrations.

I have been fortunate to gain some wisdom on how things work from long time co-chairman of the Erie county Party, Mr. Carmen Vacco, his son is Dennis Vacco is a past NY State Attorney General. Mr Vacco was the long time Chairman of my local town party committee. I am currently the treasurer of my Town Committee.

Any questions, please do ask, I will try to get you the correct answer. Election law in NY is very crazy.

Nice. Thanks!

gorja;1859547]Lately, it looks like the Conservative whores are in bed with the Republican whores. The Republicans just hand the Conservatives a list of who they are endorsing and the Conservatives just rubber stamp it.
    At least, that's what happens on the local level.

By 'local level' you are obviously referring to the Town of Lancaster. For how many years was the Conservative Party a whore for the town Democratic Party?

For how many years did people like me question why a conservative party would choose to endorse Democratic candidates from a party with liberal, big government, little fiscal restraint values and agendas.? There was an uprising in Lancaster to change the face of the party hierarchy and get back to conservative values . There has also been a positive change in the Republican hierarchy.

As to Res' post: "I bet with proper organization those blanks would register as IP."

Not this life-long blank - ever. I have experienced enough double-dealing, BS, patronage jobs dispensed to unqualified party hacks, etc. from all parties to dissuade me from ever affiliating with and supporting any one political party.

Yeah, I know that I will be missing out on voting in the primary. The primary is one big, freaken joke where an individual from another party with different values can steal the line.

On the Town of Clarence website, they put the names of their political chairs.
    Maybe, you could contact this one.
    Clarence Independence Party
    Chairperson: Albert Festaiuti
    741-8463

Georgia L Schlager

Do you even know what endorsements are?
    Frank, help me here.

This is from 2 years ago.

Would the first two candidates be the endorsed candidates?

Georgia L Schlager

I have no idea who endorsed who in your town.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    On the Town of Clarence website, they put the names of their political chairs.
    Maybe, you could contact this one.
    Clarence Independence Party
    Chairperson: Albert Festaiuti
    741-8463
    If the party is statewide and that is where the endorsements are purchased then why would there be local chair people?

Frank, help me here.

This is from 2 years ago.

Would the first two candidates be the endorsed candidates?

Yes, Leary and Dickman were the two candidates endorsed by the Independence Party. Bish and DelCarlo were registered Independents primarying the party endorsed candidates. Abraham and Ruffino are registered Democrats and had their conservative party friend garner petitions to make them eligible to challenge the endorsed candidates as well; but as write-ins.

Ruffino received enough write-in votes to win a place on the line at election time. You know that.

Ruffino was able to ‘steal’ the line because of the voter disinterest displayed by the Independence Party at the booth. Only 362 ballots were cast from a potential pool of 1,800 registered Independents. Of the total 362 ballots cast, 66 were invalid, leaving only 296 legitimate ballots; 16%.

IMHO, Independents so register because like blanks, they do not want to be associated / affiliated with either major political party and really don’t have much interest in primaries. Primaries were party endorsed candidates can be challenged and beaten by individuals sharing other philosophies and values.

Blanks and Independents are able to cast election ballots for candidates of their choice on other lines.

"6. This is done state wide too, the Republican Party in NY statewide is a disaster right now. The state party chairman is a total failure and needs to go..... .. many of us hope Nick can take over someday. He has done an outstanding job in Erie County, where we are outnumbered almost 2 to 1 in registrations."

It still amazes me he couldn't get his wife elected.

https://amhersttimes.com/election-re...st-town-races/

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Blanks and Independents are able to cast election ballots for candidates of their choice on other lines.
    Anyone can do that in NY, but not during primaries. Blanks have no vote come primary day. Well, maybe they do only on a local referendum if one is on the ballot come primary time.

Quote Originally Posted by anmore View Post
    "6. This is done state wide too, the Republican Party in NY statewide is a disaster right now. The state party chairman is a total failure and needs to go..... .. many of us hope Nick can take over someday. He has done an outstanding job in Erie County, where we are outnumbered almost 2 to 1 in registrations."

It still amazes me he couldn't get his wife elected.

https://amhersttimes.com/election-re...st-town-races/
    Yeah, name recognition still matters.

Yeah, name recognition still matters.
    Even though she used Baker, her maiden name, lol.

I thought ballot position was a lottery @ the boe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information