Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So we have no one other than the "We Did It" group running for our town board?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So we have no one other than the "We Did It" group running for our town board?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I will run for a TB seat if someone tells me how a Unaffiliated candidate can do it without switching parties, Someone finances and runs my campaign.

I am a cost cutter, I will go tooth and nail with the town unions and I am anything but status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    I will run for a TB seat if someone tells me how a Unaffiliated candidate can do it without switching parties, Someone finances and runs my campaign.

I am a cost cutter, I will go tooth and nail with the town unions and I am anything but status quo.
    Four years ago, Matthew Walter a blank ran for Lancaster town board endorsed by the Democrats.
    Couldn't you do the same with the Cheektowaga Republicans?

Georgia L Schlager

If I ran. I would rather not be endorsed by Democrats or Republican parties.

If I ran. I would rather not be endorsed by Democrats or Republican parties.
    Is it possible to run without the endorsement of either party?
    What about the COnservative party?

Georgia L Schlager

I think people are sick and tired of the status quo, but will not get out and vote for the same parties, with enough money which I don't have, to get the word out, you could increase voter turnout by offering a unaffiliated OUTSIDER candidate that is also a pissed off taxpayer that wants to work for the taxpayers and not just the town employees and unions. IMO more people would get out and vote in this town. Voter turnout is the key!

There is your problem right there. You want someone to finance and run your campaign. You don’t want to do the hard work. You sound more like a Bernie Sanders supporter.

All you need is signatures, a party endorcement does not get you on the ballet. A blank could win if he worked hard enough and had a message & means to get said to the folks. Of course that blank would have to get signatures of a party that does have lines, he would have to win a primary most likely and then a general election. But I person with no party affiliation can win an election.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

For example, in my town, if I wanted to get on the ballot it would only take 8 signatures on a designating petition to get on the Independence line. I believe the number you need to get on the ballot is 5% of the registered voters in your town for the party line you are going for. You can get the petition forms from the Erie County Board of Elections. Signatures must be from people registered in the party you are going for.

See here for more information: https://www.elections.erie.gov/runni...ective-office/
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't have time as it is but...

I would be willing to add another page to speakup that lays out how one can get on a ballot if I was given the correct information. Links to the proper paper work and contact information. OR setup a section and have some volunteers who know what they are doing layout the procedure.

Interesting idea..... I just took over as treasurer of my town's Republican Committee.... currently learning what needs to be done. That page I linked above contains all the info one needs to know to how get on the ballot. There is more after that, but that page shows how to get started and on the ballot. Funding and reporting is another ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    There is your problem right there. You want someone to finance and run your campaign. You don’t want to do the hard work. You sound more like a Bernie Sanders supporter.
    I am not a politician, I am NOT associated with any political party.

I am a just a low income taxpayer in Cheektowaga with a partial disability that will not allow me to spend endless hours walking door to door.

I can devote more time to the position then others as I am semi retired with a micro business so small it is more like a hobby but as a Registered Business in NY.

The only way I can run is if I get a lot of help and coaching/direction on how to do it, Plus Someone to pay for mailers to get my name out to EVERY Address in town.

I'm debt free and that is more important to my family then refinancing my paid off home to run for any political office.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    Funny

Have the three stooges running the highway just run the whole town. you would have a shopping cart pusher, a criminal, and a drinker. problem solved.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

That's pretty funny! Im shocked that your allowed to post anything bad about the management of Highway on this site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information