Thread: Skyway vs Peace Bridge

Skyway vs Peace Bridge

Well well well now the three stooges want the skyway down for a new bridge. Cuomo, erkel, and Higgins the state has no money erkel is all for it as long as the city doesn't pay a dime, and Higgens the only thing he is worried about is himself looking good. What happened to the peace bridge? Oh yes the wackos were worried about the birds hitting it.
    A bridge you need more than a skyway. The peace bridge will cave in with all the weight on it sooner or later and the skyway will fall over from the wind.
    for a new design for the new peace bridge, I will offer $25.00 to the winner of taxpayer money. Or you get to go out with me and a few of the packers to the brewpub when a sabres game is on. you get a first hand look at the puck heads crying.

So idiot andy is offering $100gs for the best design. why don't you take that money and give it to this area to fix the roads? Damn you see some of these potholes around here. this is all neglet from the county, town, and villages that dont get repaired year after year. Fix the roads!

You know nothing will get done there is no money look at the money they have put into it this year alone and higgins was crying this year withthe millionsthey just put into it. much like taxpayer staduim the money taxpayers put into it now lets build a new one.

"We've been talking about it for decades, literally, it was built at a different time, for a different city with a different purpose," said Cuomo to reporters. "What we want to find out is what is the best way to have an alternative to the Skyway. Let's get the best minds, let the urban planners come up with ideas, let community planners come up with ideas. The state will offer a prize to incentivize the competition."
    Erkel was all in favor of this open international competition, and he believes it can only help Buffalo.

"I think it's a great idea having a design competition for the for the redesign of the Skyway, what it could be, improving transportation access in that part of the City of Buffalo," said Brown. "I think it will be tremendous for enhancing economic development, enhancing the ability to get in and out of downtown Buffalo, so I'm very excited about it."

When asked what exactly is wrong with the current configuration of the Skyway, Brown listed a myriad of reasons.

"During those extreme weather events, it's dangerous for motorists," he bagan. "It is, at time, an impediment to getting smoothly in and out of downtown Buffalo, and there are tens of millions of dollars in expenses to repair the Skyway."

Congressman Brian Higgins echoed much of what Brown had to say, and he believes Buffalo is on the brink of becoming a great waterfront city.

"As I often say, despite the great progress on the waterfront, we're just getting warmed up," said Higgins. "I think a replacement to the Skyway that's creative, efficient, that functions well, that adds to both the life quality and economic development will be a great thing."

Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon represents the district that possesses the Skyway, and while she's open to hearing new ideas about what could be done, she wants people to remember just how much traffic the Skyway holds.

"I think what we have to keep in mind is that the Skyway services about 40,000 vehicles a day, so you can't just say let's take away the Skyway," she said. "If we want to talk about eliminating the Skyway and doing something different, I'm certainly open to having that discussion, but we have to bear in mind that this is 40,000 vehicles a day that we're talking."
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The majority of what life long "politicians" do is talk. Not a lot of results.

You want to know why Western New York is a disaster that is the laughing stock of the country? Three words...Cuomo, Erkel, Higgins.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    . this is all neglet from the county, town, and villages that dont get repaired year after year. Fix the roads!
    The County! Most towns do a good job on their roads. The county DPW is a JOKE!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

look at these roads they are falling apart big time. all because of neglect on the county, towns, and villages.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    look at these roads they are falling apart big time. all because of neglect on the county, towns, and villages.
    Just think of the funds that could go towards roads if it was spent on items we don't need to burden the community with.

the only roads you need are the ones leaving wny.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did you read the one where NYS are doing extremely deep audits to make sure they get as much money from you as you leave NYS?

NYS "government" has basically turned into forced theft of people's income. They call it taxation but call it what it is. Theft. When you look at the incompetence with how it's spent and how freely it's spent that is really the only way to now see the situation.

I'm really surprised there is a whole political group throughout NYS that supports this nonsense every election cycle. People who literally live in our community and are on our local village/town boards.

I'm going to be an ass.

Are they literally that stupid or that self serving?

Just keep putting more and more burden on the home owners / net tax payers to further advance their political careers?

If I was a supervisor and Cuomo was bragging about a 2% tax cap I'd call him out on it. How about a mandatory 3% tax cut each year for the next 10 years. Next would be to completely stop automatic raises bases on nothing but time served. Every listen to some (not all) government employees? It's only 4%... it's peanuts. When you are making a base of $125,000 4% = $5,000 more a year not counting what is forced to be covered for bene/health insurance increases.

It just needs to stop.

Yes Tony, it needs to stop for sure.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Yes Tony, it needs to stop for sure.
    I don't want people on our town board who would be satisfied with tax caps. It's stupid. All your doing is slowing down a ongoing increase. It is still an increase.

Seen a state crew doing pothole duty on transit rd. near main st. three guys just tossing the patch into the holes could carless what they were doing. just laughed at the mess they were making so lazy.

Well well well now the three stooges want the skyway down for a new bridge. Cuomo, erkel, and Higgins the state has no money erkel is all for it as long as the city doesn't pay a dime, and Higgens the only thing he is worried about is himself looking good. What happened to the peace bridge? Oh yes the wackos were worried about the birds hitting it.
    A bridge you need more than a skyway. The peace bridge will cave in with all the weight on it sooner or later and the skyway will fall over from the wind.
    for a new design for the new peace bridge, I will offer $25.00 to the winner of taxpayer money. Or you get to go out with me and a few of the packers to the brewpub when a sabres game is on. you get a first hand look at the puck heads crying.

So idiot andy is offering $100gs for the best design. why don't you take that money and give it to this area to fix the roads? Damn you see some of these potholes around here. this is all neglet from the county, town, and villages that dont get repaired year after year. Fix the roads!

You know nothing will get done there is no money look at the money they have put into it this year alone and higgins was crying this year withthe millionsthey just put into it. much like taxpayer staduim the money taxpayers put into it now lets build a new one.

"We've been talking about it for decades, literally, it was built at a different time, for a different city with a different purpose," said Cuomo to reporters. "What we want to find out is what is the best way to have an alternative to the Skyway. Let's get the best minds, let the urban planners come up with ideas, let community planners come up with ideas. The state will offer a prize to incentivize the competition."
    Erkel was all in favor of this open international competition, and he believes it can only help Buffalo.

"I think it's a great idea having a design competition for the for the redesign of the Skyway, what it could be, improving transportation access in that part of the City of Buffalo," said Brown. "I think it will be tremendous for enhancing economic development, enhancing the ability to get in and out of downtown Buffalo, so I'm very excited about it."

When asked what exactly is wrong with the current configuration of the Skyway, Brown listed a myriad of reasons.

"During those extreme weather events, it's dangerous for motorists," he bagan. "It is, at time, an impediment to getting smoothly in and out of downtown Buffalo, and there are tens of millions of dollars in expenses to repair the Skyway."

Congressman Brian Higgins echoed much of what Brown had to say, and he believes Buffalo is on the brink of becoming a great waterfront city.

"As I often say, despite the great progress on the waterfront, we're just getting warmed up," said Higgins. "I think a replacement to the Skyway that's creative, efficient, that functions well, that adds to both the life quality and economic development will be a great thing."

Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon represents the district that possesses the Skyway, and while she's open to hearing new ideas about what could be done, she wants people to remember just how much traffic the Skyway holds.

"I think what we have to keep in mind is that the Skyway services about 40,000 vehicles a day, so you can't just say let's take away the Skyway," she said. "If we want to talk about eliminating the Skyway and doing something different, I'm certainly open to having that discussion, but we have to bear in mind that this is 40,000 vehicles a day that we're talking."

Cheek, if they let the “planners” come up with a solution it will almost certainly be the worst one possible.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why not?

The 40,000 cars a day don't go over the skyway when it's closed for bad weather. They must have taken a different path. Let the traffic pattern change and we might see areas along the new paths start servicing the passing traffic.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Next question. Who actually benefits keeping the skyway open?

Thread Information