The 2019 Republican Ticket

This is the Lancaster Republican Ticket for 2019, as I understand it:

Lynne Dixon, County Executive

Frank Todaro, Erie County Legislator, 8th District

Dawn Gaczewski, Lancaster Supervisor

Bob Leary, Lancaster Town Council

Bruce Stutz, Lancaster Town Council

Diane Terranova, Lancaster Town Clerk

Since July, 2018, the new leadership of The Town of Lancaster Republican Party has advocated, and is now committed to putting the needs of the people of Lancaster first.

"The Republican Party should not tell the taxpayers and residents what their problems are. It needs to hear those problems directly from the people themselves, and then to offer solutions. The Republicans can do that by creating a way for the people of Lancaster, not just Republicans, but all people, to speak their minds directly to the Party, and to voice their concerns, express their ideas, and to make their suggestions, and have the party seriously listen to them...

... It is time that the Republican Party hear the people, and address their concerns with platforms and candidates who will put the people of Lancaster first, and then, to stand by and fully support those candidates."

In spite of all the bitter political noise, the Trump administration is also reaching across the political isle, and putting people first.

In the area of "Prison Reform," President Trump and Van Jones worked together.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ll-a-christmas

Now, in the area of "Housing," two strange partners, HUD Secretary Ben Carson and Mayor De Blasio.

The tone is different, because the goal is different: "needs of the people...first and always."

Please watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FR_...Udd0jXaiDGgG6g

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION:

The Democrats since 2003, seem to have a history of infiltrating and hijacking minor party lines, the Conservative and the Independence lines specifically, in Lancaster.

IF the Democrats are extending the limits of political gall, and the past is in fact prologue in 2019, I should think that they would have their hands full propping-up their inexperienced endorsed candidate in their own Democrat Primary, because Diane Terranova is an outstanding, formidable, experienced candidate, whose qualifications are second to none.

So, what's this all about?:

IMG_4948.jpg

Silly political machine!!!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 19th, 2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    IN MY HUMBLE OPINION:

The Democrats since 2003, seem to have a history of infiltrating and hijacking minor party lines, the Conservative and the Independence lines specifically, in Lancaster.

IF the Democrats are extending the limits of political gall, and the past is in fact prologue in 2019, I should think that they would have their hands full propping-up their inexperienced endorsed candidate in their own Democrat Primary, because Diane Terranova is an outstanding, formidable, experienced candidate, whose qualifications are second to none.

So, what's this all about?:

IMG_4948.jpg

Silly political machine!!!
    Also, this is a curious statement from Ms. Desiderio:

"They should have a core set of beliefs that are consistent with the party and the people they seek to represent."
    Someone needs to tell her that the Town Clerk does not "represent" people. The Town Clerk exclusively SERVES people and the community.

Taken at face value, that comment suggests that she does not know if she is running for Supervisor, Town Council, or Town Clerk.

=mark blazejewski;1861297]Since July, 2018, the new leadership of The Town of Lancaster Republican Party has advocated, and is now committed to putting the needs of the people of Lancaster first.

"The Republican Party should not tell the taxpayers and residents what their problems are. It needs to hear those problems directly from the people themselves, and then to offer solutions. The Republicans can do that by creating a way for the people of Lancaster, not just Republicans, but all people, to speak their minds directly to the Party, and to voice their concerns, express their ideas, and to make their suggestions, and have the party seriously listen to them...

... It is time that the Republican Party hear the people, and address their concerns with platforms and candidates who will put the people of Lancaster first, and then, to stand by and fully support those candidates."
    Hey Mark:

Sine you have posted this Republican Party creed several times, perhaps you can clarify its content.

This is not saying that the party is going to sit back and not identify issues that adversely impact the town – spending, taxes, increasing debt load, infrastructure… and wait for the public to identify them, and then offer solutions?

The town currently holds Town, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals meetings open to the public, with endorsed public comment sessions, and where the meetings are recorded. The town has a website that now provides a wide spectrum of information (present and past - archived) and contact numbers for residents to reach town officials. The town publishes the written communications it receives from the public and there are but a few. Monday’s town board meeting ended in 34 minutes. It included one public speaker, the reading and approval of 21 resolutions, a public hearing, the reading of the communications, and a two- minute wrap up.

I had been a regular / active participant at board meetings for near 20 years and understand the value of public participation. It is dismaying to have seen that public participation decline. It is disturbing to see endorsed candidates who never attended town board meetings.

What is going to be unique about the Republican Party’s outreach to the public for more inclusion and in the name of transparency disseminate that interaction to the public? I am all for public participation!

Also, this is a curious statement from Ms. Desiderio:

Someone needs to tell her that the Town Clerk does not "represent" people. The Town Clerk exclusively SERVES people and the community.

Taken at face value, that comment suggests that she does not know if she is running for Supervisor, Town Council, or Town Clerk.

Spot on!

Who is Ms. Desiderio and what statement are you referring to?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why isn't a "clerk" just hired to follow a job description. Same goes for a Highway Supervisor type position.

I'm not referring to anyone in particular just in general.

You know you can get someone dumber than a box a rocks when it comes to a management/supervisory position based on votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Spot on!

Who is Ms. Desiderio and what statement are you referring to?
    Lee, if you click the attachment on post #3, you will see Ann Desiderio's campaign mission statement. The referred comment is constitutes sentence three in paragraph one.

As far as who she is, I don't have a clue, and others that I know are not familiar with her.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 20th, 2019 at 06:52 AM.

This is not saying that the party is going to sit back and not identify issues that adversely impact the town – spending, taxes, increasing debt load, infrastructure… and wait for the public to identify them, and then offer solutions?
    During the course of the last year, the party membership has been open to hearing the concerns of the public, and in fact has already brought many of these issues to the public's attention.

It is my understanding that core concerns have already been prioritized for a collective platform. However, separate from the core concerns, each candidate appears to have its own area(s) of personal expertise, and will focus on that area(s) during the upcoming campaign.

What is going to be unique about the Republican Party’s outreach to the public for more inclusion and in the name of transparency disseminate that interaction to the public? I am all for public participation!

With the exception of voting sessions, the Republican Party's meetings are open for public participation. People can (and many already have), listen, participate, and express their concerns to directly to the party.

Moreover, the Lancaster Republicans on their Face Book page accepts and responds to comments and messages. That same page also posts meetings and events, that, with the exception(s) stated above, are open to the public.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 20th, 2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why isn't a "clerk" just hired to follow a job description. Same goes for a Highway Supervisor type position.
    Common sense observation Res. In village government, both positions are appointed.

Lee, if you click the attachment on post #3, you will see Ann Desiderio's campaign mission statement. The referred comment is constitutes sentence three in paragraph one.

As far as who she is, I don't have a clue, and others that I know are not familiar with her.
    My bad as I did not open the image.

As a ‘blank’ I am ineligible to sign a petition or register a vote in the primary process. I therefore pay little attention to party rhetoric or grandiose candidate bios until the official party line candidate is announced for election day.

While an advocate for continued fusion voting, it is my opinion that if the party endorsed candidate gets enough petition signatures to make them eligible for an election ballot line, that party vetted candidate should not be challenged.

Ms. Desiderio’s statement is illogical when considering the Democrats have endorsed a Republican for council this year, and when considering that the Democratic Party endorsed a conservative and a ‘blank’ four years ago.

Regarding Ms. Terranova, the Town Clerk could be an appointed position but would then be more prone to patronage and influence.

I thought it was a brilliant move by the Republican Party to endorse Ms. Terranova, and to have announced their decision before the Democrats endorsed their candidates. The Republicans recognized Terranova has performed well as Town Clerk and best qualified and most deserving to serve another term. The Conservative and Independence Parties followed suite.

Ms. Terranova is not campaigning for a position that “represents” the people, but as Town Clerk, one who serves the people. She is deserving of re-election because of her performance record - and regardless of party affiliation. WTF were the Democrats thinking?

As for the rest of the candidates, until after the primary, yawn!

...if the party endorsed candidate gets enough petition signatures to make them eligible for an election ballot line, that party vetted candidate should not be challenged.

Ms. Desiderio’s statement is illogical when considering the Democrats have endorsed a Republican for council this year, and when considering that the Democratic Party endorsed a conservative and a ‘blank’ four years ago.

Regarding Ms. Terranova, the Town Clerk could be an appointed position but would then be more prone to patronage and influence...

... The Republicans recognized Terranova has performed well as Town Clerk and best qualified and most deserving to serve another term. The Conservative and Independence Parties followed suite.

Ms. Terranova is not campaigning for a position that “represents” the people, but as Town Clerk, one who serves the people. She is deserving of re-election because of her performance record - and regardless of party affiliation. WTF were the Democrats thinking?

Agreed!

This is worth the read...

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information