Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lynne Dixon To Challenge Mark Poloncarz

March 1, 2019 3:51pm

Erie County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz released the following statement today after the jury returned a guilty verdict on both counts in the trial of former Social Services Commissioner Al Dirschberger.

Poloncarz statement: “Today’s verdict confirms my administration took the correct course of action in performing an immediate investigation of the incident upon learning of it and asking for the defendant’s resignation after confirming that he had violated numerous Erie County policies. Independent counsel retained by the Legislature also confirmed that my administration acted quickly and appropriately in this case and cooperated fully with investigators and law enforcement as the case moved forward. Additionally, it should be noted that Erie County declined to provide a defense or indemnity for the defendant upon learning of these charges as his actions did not fall within the scope of his public employment or duties. I do not tolerate any form of sexual misconduct, especially the abhorrent conduct in this case, and my thoughts are with the victim at this time.”

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    March 1, 2019 3:51pm

Erie County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz released the following statement today after the jury returned a guilty verdict on both counts in the trial of former Social Services Commissioner Al Dirschberger.

Poloncarz statement: “Today’s verdict confirms my administration took the correct course of action in performing an immediate investigation of the incident upon learning of it and asking for the defendant’s resignation after confirming that he had violated numerous Erie County policies. Independent counsel retained by the Legislature also confirmed that my administration acted quickly and appropriately in this case and cooperated fully with investigators and law enforcement as the case moved forward. Additionally, it should be noted that Erie County declined to provide a defense or indemnity for the defendant upon learning of these charges as his actions did not fall within the scope of his public employment or duties. I do not tolerate any form of sexual misconduct, especially the abhorrent conduct in this case, and my thoughts are with the victim at this time.”
    Yea, Polocarz sings HIS OWN praises so well. "Me, me, me, me..."

Not once did he say that the system failed the victim, nor did he offer any pro-active remediation to confront what might be an institutional culture of abuse.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Lynn's statement not you Mark.

"Erie County has an obligation to protect out employees, and we failed this young woman"

County didn't fail. The guy did.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Lynn's statement not you Mark.

"Erie County has an obligation to protect out employees, and we failed this young woman"

County didn't fail. The guy did.
    Just my opinion:

Point well taken Res.

Of course, the convicted felon is responsible for what happened; Poloncarz or we county residents and taxpayers are not.

But, my comments are geared to the previous taxpayer subsidies of sexual harassment suits against county employees. It seems to me that condition may have, in a way, enabled the existence of such a climate.

Dixon was among, if not the first, to step forward to confront those subsidies in wake of the Dirschberger charges last spring.

Moreover, it also go to the thoroughness of the vetting and background of a potential appointee Res.

I get it what your saying, but the County needs to better police itself internally, and institute more effective safeguards.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 3rd, 2019 at 04:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information