Thread: Put Lancaster First With Town Clerk Diane Terranova

Put Lancaster First With Town Clerk Diane Terranova

Without regard to politics or privilege, it is not unworthily that Diane Terranova continues to honor the traditions of Bob Thill, Johanna Coleman, Sam Saeva, and Olivin Connally, with her combined service as Lancaster Town Clerk and Receiver of Taxes.

With strong life-time roots embedded in Lancaster, Diane, a licensed optician by profession, holds a keen sense of community and a heartfelt personal commitment to serve people. Her service with the "Lancaster-Depew Rotary Club" and "New York Cares" strongly speak to both values. But, it was Diane's volunteer work with the victims of Hurricane Sandy that most vividly illustrates her unselfish desire to lift the human condition.

Also noteworthy is Diane's work with Niagara Frontier Reading Radio Services, serving the needs of the sight impaired.

As committed as Diane is to the meeting the needs of people, equally, she holds a passion to further develop her own knowledge, and applies that passion with a faithfulness to always learn more.

In addition to her AAS Ophthalmic Dispensing credential earned at Erie Community College, Diane has earned significant credit hours in Business from two of Western New York's most prestigious educational institutions, The University of Buffalo and Canisius College.

If those pursuits were not enough, Diane is a Certified Health Coach, and is the sole proprietor of Opening Doors To Wellness.

To be sure, Diane has been actively involved in Democrat politics in Lancaster and Erie County.

Diane served as the Erie County Comptroller's Secretary and its Liaison to the Erie County Legislature for a significant period of time. Diane also served as the appointed Erie County Legislator, representing the 5th Legislative District during the last four months of 2009.

Subsequent to that service, Diane, for five years, served the Lancaster family as Deputy Town Clerk and the Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics. Given the full scope of those duties, which included full knowledge of, and an ability to apply, each and every function of the Town Clerk's office, it is no wonder that Diane Terranova hit the ground running with a vigorous precision in January 2016. Since her tenure began, Diane has fully honored the bi-partisan competence established Bob Thill and which was further amplified by Johanna Coleman.

The Town Clerk's office is more than the informational public face of Lancaster; it is the archival heart of Lancaster's past, present and future.

As the Town Clerk and Receiver of Taxes, Diane masterfully holds the cold and dry numbers of budgets and and rigid tax records. In that connection, with the confused and indigestible issue(s) of new state requirements in the area of "Fee Collection," I hold that it is no time to risk a change to one who may be in dire need of on-the-job training.

But, the Town Clerk's Office is much more than a bureaucratic resort. For in Diane's competent, custodial hands, resides the records proclaiming the promise of birth, and the sad farewell of death; the celebration of marriage, and the lesser joys of day-to-day life in Lancaster.

In some ways, her skills and duties serve the same purpose as that of the worn and tear-stained pages of a family bible, between whose pages reside the wilted flowers of days gone by.

The Town Clerk's Office, in the tradition of Thill, Coleman, and Terranova is a place for character and competence. It is not a place for politics and privilege.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 20th, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

Beautifully written Mark about a town clerk who has truly opened the door to transparency

You can put me down for a 'No comment' for your next Lancaster First bio presentation for supervisor
    Last edited by gorja; February 20th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Beautifully written Mark about a town clerk who has truly opened the door to transparency

You can put me down for a 'No comment' for your next Lancaster First bio presentation for supervisor
    I am only putting-up bios of those that I am currently supporting Gorja. I need to see this campaign play-out, so it will most probably be a long time before, or if, I post another.

Exhale.

Gorja, why don't you run for town supervisor. Your such a big mouth and know it all run gorja run. As i have previous said your nothing more than a carnival barker, a legend in your own mind. Jimmy olsen has nothing on you. Big mouth know it all but has no spine to run for supervisor. Make a difference gorja, run! Its easier to pretend to be of importance as you attempt to do then to run and make a difference. You gorja have visions of grandeur , your a carnival barker and a legend in your own mind. Keep writing and posting gorja, your only up to 11,303 posts! Like i've said legend in your own mind.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Breezi,

She is no less qualified than anyone else we have on our town boards in Erie County.

And that's my point wny resident. Why don't that coward run! All she likes to do is criticize others, and constantly post her own opinions whether they and accurate or not. Again 11,303 posts. A carnival barker! Remember this wny resident if you don't stand for something you fall for anything. If she truly believes someone is not worthy to run for elective office, then she should run. Put her pen or money where her mouth is! However it's far easier to cast dispersions on others as she does. 11,303 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Breezi,

She is no less qualified than anyone else we have on our town boards in Erie County.
    WNY resident, don't worry, have never wanted to be an elected official.

Georgia L Schlager

Anyone that's contributing to the salaries of the incompetent should freely be able to criticize them. I have no desire to be the town figurehead, but i will point out her incompetence every chance i get.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Anyone that's contributing to the salaries of the incompetent should freely be able to criticize them. I have no desire to be the town figurehead, but i will point out her incompetence every chance i get.

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I am only putting-up bios of those that I am currently supporting Gorja. I need to see this campaign play-out, so it will most probably be a long time before, or if, I post another.

Exhale.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    image.jpg

Thank you for your words Councilman Walter:

"Our current town clerk, Diane Terranova, is running for re-election. She is beyond competent and has done a tremendous job at modernizing her office, offering services and upgrading the technology in the clerk's office to deal with the needs of our growing community. For reasons beyond my comprehension, her own Democrat Party chose not to endorse her. If you are a Democrat and would like to ensure she keeps doing great work on behalf of the town, I encourage you to reach out to her and sign her primary petition."

IMG_4802.jpg

"Our current town clerk, Diane Terranova, is running for re-election. She is beyond competent and has done a tremendous job at modernizing her office, offering services and upgrading the technology in the clerk's office to deal with the needs of our growing community. For reasons beyond my comprehension, her own Democrat Party chose not to endorse her. If you are a Democrat and would like to ensure she keeps doing great work on behalf of the town, I encourage you to reach out to her and sign her primary petition."

IMG_4802.jpg

Georgia L Schlager

IMG_4802.jpg

Spot on Mr. Walter!

Enigmatic indeed, but you are well aware that in politics the most qualified individual doesn't always get the party's endorsement.

Thread Information