Thread: Upcoming SAFE Act Cuomo Shenanigans

Upcoming SAFE Act Cuomo Shenanigans

Apologizes... I was asked to post something about this last week, but I got side-tracked.

Late week I was at my buddy's gun store, who is a retired LEO and SWAT Instructor. Most of the family are LEO. Most of the people that hang out there are LEO's... so the intell is pretty reliable... as my experience in the past indicates with this group.
    One State Trooper who is on Cuomo's security detail gave the owners a heads up on what they over-heard Cuomo talking about while they were transporting him from place to place... as the news would effect their business.

After this last part of the SAFE Act goes into effect, Cuomo plans to initiate a third part that involves the confiscation of any semi-automatic long gun that was registered during the first part of the SAFE Act. Its believed you will have to turn them in, sell them out of state, or otherwise destroy them if you registered them. These guns in effect will be banned in NY in the process for all. No grandfather clause, no exceptions, no nothing.

The next part, is that the sale of all parts for any banned firearms will likewise be banned in NYS.

That is to be followed by same type of higher taxing and rationing of Ammo purchases that is now popular in other anti-gun states and they are attempting to pass into law.

My friends are looking at being driven out of business unless they want to stick to out of state online sales. So I gather would most gun dealers in NYS if Cuomo has his way. They are in constant contact with a friend at the local ATF to try and figure out how any of these supposed changes will effect them and their business.

We've already seen more of Cuomo's over-reach with this last round of SAFE Act crap, especially with the proposed Red Flag "law". So you can believe this or don't... doesn't really matter to me. I was just asked if I would pass this on, and I have done so.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    YES you were.

Someone ask me this a day ago:

Tony is this the stuff cuomo wants to ban people for with pistol permits ? If so, would u be so kind to forward me information you came across.

Chant, do you know anything about that?

Sorry, man... my water pipes decided to blow up and distracted me.

I will ask my friends what they heard on the legal pot issue and meds issue as I'm actually on my way there shortly. It might have been mentioned and I just didn't catch that part of the discussion. I wouldn't not put it passed Cuomo however.

Personally, I don't see how CBD could be considered an issue, as its not the part of pot that makes you high. Its the THC part that makes you high. The CBD is the medical benefit part. Hemp is actually higher in CBD than weed anyway, and that may be where producers are getting it from and not from weed. It seems to me that would be more cost efficient to process.

Most people do not realize that there are actually two versions of this product on the market. One is created from hemp, while the other marijuana.

Cannabidiol Basics

If you’re new to cannabidiol, you’ll want to start here.

In this section you’ll discover topics like benefits, current research, legal status, history, and many more.

What is CBD (Cannabidiol)?
    CBD vs THC: What is the Difference?
    What is Cannabidiol’s Legal Status?
    How Does CBD Work?
    Hemp vs Marijuana: What’s the Difference?
    What’s the Difference Between CBD Oil from Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil from Industrial Hemp Oil?
    Use this link for more info @https://healthyhempoil.com/cannabidiol/

Another source :
    It is the distinction between CBD derived from marijuana and CBD from hemp oil that sets them apart. Marijuana is harvested for its buds, which contains psychoactive properties known to produce stoned effects. When it comes to hemp, the stalks and seed are the targets of this crop. These plants do not contain enough THC to get anyone high. In fact, for cannabis to be considered hemp, it must have no more than 0.3 percent THC.

Use this link for more info : http://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-...d-and-hemp-cbd
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Interesting talk with my friend.

As far as they know, pot legalized at the state level doesn't interfere with your gun rights in NYS... yet. However... the Federal NICS check is something else. It now says right on the NICS form that even though pot maybe legal in your state, its still illegal on the federal level. So if you check "Yes" on the box about having a script for medical marijuana, you are probably going to be denied for a firearm purchase through NICS. So its a catch-22 right now.

They also heard about a case of a pistol permit being suspended via the Red Flag law here in NYS. Apparently this guy was under a doctor's care for mild depression. For some reason, the doctor wanted this guy to check into Brylin for a second opinion on how his meds were doing. Well this guy heard a number of horror stories about Brylin and how they had a habit of changing meds around needlessly and over-medicating people. This guy felt fine, and definitely didn't want Brylin messing with him and feared they'd try putting him on meds he didn't need. He told his doctor he didn't want to go there because of what he had heard, and that he felt he didn't need to as he had been fine with his normal doctor monitoring his meds. The doctor made the appoint anyway against his wishes, so the guy blew the appoint off. So the doctor finds out he didn't go, and blows the guy into the pistol permit department, saying he thought the guy was a danger to himself and others because he refused to go to this appointment. The sheriffs show up at his house, and even they thought it was BS after talking to the guy, but they still had to take his guns. So now the guy's fighting the case in court. That's pretty bad when your doctor screws you over, but these Red Flag laws allow anyone to make a "medical" determination and have it accepted as fact.

On the NICS subject, I was also told tonight that Cuomo is playing more games with a waiting period. It had been that if the gun dealer didn't get a reply back on the NICS background check within 3 business days, they could go ahead with that sale. I heard that Cuomo originally want to expand that 3 day waiting period to 10 days. Now they are hearing Cuomo wants to expand the waiting period to 30 days, because 3 or 10 wasn't enough time he felt.
    Now here's the catch. The NICS check is only valid for 30 days. So if you don't get immediate approval, you could have to wait 30 days without a reply before they dealer could release the firearm to you. But now, because the NICS 30 days have expired, you have to start the entire background check again, which means chances are you may be in for another 30 day wait... just to start it all over again a third, forth, fifth time, etc.
    In addition, if you have a hold-up on one gun with a NICS check, they can't do another check on you if you wanted to buy another gun sometime later, until that first check is done. So that 30 day waiting period, means you're also dead in the water as far as buying any other firearm is concerned.
    Now if Cuomo get his ammo tax and ration system up, I imagine you'd need the same NICS background check just to buy ammo.... which some other states are also pushing for. So one stalled NICS check, and you could be screwed for buying anything, including ammo for guns you already have.

This is going to be interesting.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I read this article and didn't realize I know the author. She just sent me the link to let me know it was published in the Art Voice.

How the Second Amendment is Literally Going Up in Smoke

The taking away of one’s constitutional rights through ‘Normalization’
    By Teresa Reile

What’s behind the big push to legalize marijuana aside from the fact that the people who deal in it and the governments who regulate it stand to make billions?

Is legalization REALLY being pushed because ‘so many people are doing it anyway’, or because ‘so many people are in prison for smoking pot’ or ‘because it’s harmless because it’s a plant’?

If you believe that’s all it is, then you have not been paying attention.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3), a person who is “addicted to or an unlawful user of” a controlled substance is considered a prohibited person for firearm regulation. The Federal Controlled Substances Act, Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, 21 U.S.C. § 801 et seq., regulates marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance.
    https://artvoice.com/2019/02/17/how-...c#.XGtafOhKiUm

Be serious - you know dam well - no matter what laws say right at this moment - the #Dems will pass laws to restrict and remove your gun rights when they think they can swoop down and take thousands and thousands of guns away from "Drug users" !

I can hear their pitch now - you want some gun nut running around stoned with a loaded gun ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information