Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lancaster conservative party endorsements

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Exactly where and when did I make a comment of specific, active support? I think I have not.

I have repeatedly said that at this point in time, I am NEUTRAL in the Supervisor's race. That, for the last time is my current position in the Supervisor's race. And, to put a finer point on that comment, I reserve the right to reassess my position, and support either Mrs. Gaczewski or her opponent in the future.

Lest all lose focus, and out of an over abundance of clarity, this is the definition of "Neutral:"

In that connection, I have criticized Ruffino's opponent extensively in the past. Those comments are a matter of record.

Frankly, and it almost pains me to say this, Mrs. Gaczewski, as Council Member, for the most part, and IMHO, has done what I consider to be an overall competent job in her elected office. Moreover, as far as I know, she was not responsible for a $2,000,000 boondoggle, hung on the Lancaster taxpayer.

Ruffino on the other hand, as Council Member, has done a number of things over the last sixteen (16) plus years that I did not, and do not, like.

Therefore, from the vantage point of a neutral, I hold that it would be entirely unfair of me, to let sit my numerous criticisms of Ruffino's opponent, to the exclusion of calling attention to Ruffino's record which I find, in some areas, very distasteful.

I am trying to be fair, along the lines "What is good for the goose..."
    Ok, but you state overall competence in her tenure, sorry if I misunderstood your support for her. As I reflect back on the pantry scandal, her lack of transparency and ability to locate those funds is questionable enough to me as to how will she appropriate a budget as large as the Town of Lancaster? I understand Dave Brown's responsibility as he is very good at what he does but as CEO of a very large town, one needs an element of expertise in economics. Coleman was around so long, under Giza she ran the town. Experience comes into play here. A one term Council member does not qualify someone to be the Town Supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Ok, but you state overall competence in her tenure
    I understand your concerns, I truly do.

But, I hold that her association with the VOL visa v her responsibilities as Special Events Coordinator, and her record as an elected Council Member are two separate considerations Shortstuff.

I have made clear that if Ms. G. is elected Supervisor, she needs to sever her business interests with the VOL.

Regarding an endorsement for Supervisor, I remain undecided.

A one term Council member does not qualify someone to be the Town Supervisor.
    Neither does a sixteen year record of what I consider to be at times a reckless, bi-polar legislative temperament, IMHO.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 20th, 2019 at 01:06 PM.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    It is my understanding that Gaczewski has agreed to relinquish her Village extracurricular Village activities if successful in becoming elected as Town Supervisor.
    Do those activities include her responding to taxpayers' homes after they submit a FOIL request?

Mr. Stegmeier,

Since my receipt of your August 4, 2015 I have had no further written response from your office regarding my outstanding FOIL request.

I did however receive an unannounced visit at my home on Saturday, August 15, 2015 from an individual identifying herself as a "Dawn Gaczewski," along with an unidentified gentleman. Ms. Gaczewski inquired as to the nature of the FOIL request. She was told that the reason for the request stemmed from my wife's concern regarding the Food Pantry, and she would have to discuss the specifics of her concern with her. I did provide Ms. Gaczewski with our home telephone number, but to date, I understand, there has been no attempt by Ms. Gaczewski to contact my wife.

I am assuming, consistent with your letter, that your search is in progress, and is not yet complete. As such, this communication does not constitute an appeal within the meaning of the Public Officers Law.

Rather, it is an assertion that there was nothing within the scope of my conversation with Ms. Gaczewski which in any way compromised the integrity of my initial FOIL request.

Thank you for your attention.
    Just asking

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Do those activities include her responding to taxpayers' homes after they submit a FOIL request?

Just asking

As I am not the individual whose house she visited, as I do not reside in the Village, perhaps that question should be addressed to the individual who wrote that correspondence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    As I am not the individual whose house she visited, as I do not reside in the Village, perhaps that question should be addressed to the individual who wrote that correspondence.
    As I do reside in the Town and the Village, I can only state what I have previously...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec

I can well understand the conflict of interest concerns regarding Dawn Barczewski’s Village activities, etc. It is my understanding that Gaczewski has agreed to relinquish her Village extracurricular Village activities if successful in becoming elected as Town Supervisor.
    That is my understanding as well Mr. C.
    ...and...

Mrs. Gaczewski does need to give-up any conflicts of interest with the VOL.!
    Regarding FOILs, I believe that in the Town of Lancaster, those requests and attendant issues need to be addressed to the Lancaster Town Clerk, and in connection with police matters, the Lancaster Town Police Department's Records Access Officer.

That is what I call a balanced ticket.

Need an address?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 22nd, 2019 at 07:24 PM.

This is the complete ENDORSED Conservative Party slate for 2019:

Dawn Gaczewski for Supervisor

Robert Leary for Councilman

Bruce Stutz for Councilman

Diane Terranova for Town Clerk

Frank Todaro for Erie County Legislator, District 8

I understand your concerns, I truly do.

But, I hold that her association with the VOL visa v her responsibilities as Special Events Coordinator, and her record as an elected Council Member are two separate considerations Shortstuff.

I have made clear that if Ms. G. is elected Supervisor, she needs to sever her business interests with the VOL.

Regarding an endorsement for Supervisor, I remain undecided.

Neither does a sixteen year record of what I consider to be at times a reckless, bi-polar legislative temperament, IMHO.
    Ok, first of all, I am in agreement that Dawn need not step aside from her current business if in the event (God help us) she wins the seat. Other politicians do maintain their businesses when serving in the capacity as a public servant.

Secondly with a question, you mean to tell me Mark that Dawn still is the Special Events Coordinator for the Village of Lancaster while she has been the Town of Lancaster Town Council member? Well of course she was, and to give her credit where credit is due, the First Friday's or whatever it is called for the Village of Lancaster during the summer time was very nice. That said, I do find it a conflict of interest because her boyfriend is the Mayor of the Village and as I recall, the bidding process for vendors that were used for the Village events was called into question when her boyfriend was a Trustee during that period where she held the position of the Special Events Coordinator.

Lastly Mark, her connection with the food pantry and her visits to residents IMO was very reckless and is not reflective of the type of behavior that the residents of Lancaster wish to see in their Supervisor, the polls will dictate that outcome.

My final comment/question still remains, what did Dawn do to have the Democratic Party turn on her? It is my understanding that she has done something to not receive the nod. Also, did Dawn vote on the increased spending that surpassed 4% under Johanna Coleman's rein? We all know the answer to that, so tell me why was she befitting to receive the nod from the Republican and the Conservative Party?

...and as I recall, the bidding process for vendors that were used for the Village events was called into question when her boyfriend was a Trustee during that period where she held the position of the Special Events Coordinator.
    The issue was submitted to the VOL Board for consideration, and based on the existing ethics guidelines, was not considered to be a conflict of interest.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 26th, 2019 at 01:50 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

A little help please.

If an endorsed candidate from another party wishes to primary the Conservative Party endorsed candidate, but not being a registered conservative and unable to get the petition signatures himself, he can have conservative friends get the petitions for him. That much I understand.

What I don’t understand is whether that individual, getting the required number of petitions, is placed on the official Conservative ballot, or comes in as a write-in? Because that is already happening.

I would also like to see the Independence Party officially announce its endorsed candidates. It would have saved a lot of confusion in the past few elections when candidates were walking around getting petition misleading people in claiming that they had an endorsement that they didn’t have.

You put that in perspective gorja beautifully. That just might be the perfect campaign flyer.

I'm waiting for the Republicans first mailer not that I'm the list.
    They'll probably start with a rumor initiated by Gaczewski.
    You know the unconservative conservative

Georgia L Schlager

I'm waiting for the Republicans first mailer not that I'm the list.
    They'll probably start with a rumor initiated by Gaczewski.
    You know the unconservative conservative

What rumor would that be?

The only rumors I know of recently (which turned out to be true) were of Democratic candidates (and their petition gathering minions) in the last town elections claiming to have the Conservative Party endorsement, when in fact, they did not.

Today's politics is indeed a blood-sport where no holds are barred and where destroying an individual's character outweighs issues and community best interest.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    The only rumors I know of recently (which turned out to be true) were of Democratic candidates (and their petition gathering minions) in the last town elections claiming to have the Conservative Party endorsement, when in fact, they did not.
    It was a fact. The young girl judge candidate.

I try not to spread rumors. I would much rather deal with facts than Pssss, pssss, pssss.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    What rumor would that be?

Today's politics is indeed a blood-sport where no holds are barred and where destroying an individual's character outweighs issues and community best interest.
    I have heard rumors of two separate incidents, both of which involved the Democrat manipulation.

The first alleged incident took place in 2017, and targeted the Leary attempt to get the Independence line.

The second incident allegedly occurred in 2018, and was aimed a Mickey Kearns' campaign for the Independence line.

As I understand that both rumors involved pressuring one specific voter, a single mom, who was a member of the Independence party. The rumor suggests that the woman acquiesced to the pressure in 2017, but refused compliance in 2018.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 9th, 2019 at 09:22 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information