Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster conservative party endorsements

Originally posted by mark blazejeski:
    That is why I am now a blank, and support the new leadership that Sojka has brought to the Lancaster Republican Committee.
    I'm a Democrat who votes for the person and don't blindly support any leadership

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I'm a Democrat who votes for the person and don't blindly support any leadership
    I have a similar mind frame Ms. Gorja.

Not blindly supporting a party, its patronage, or its elitist leaders, are principles foundational to Sojka's philosophy. That is why I support his new leadership.

Sojka, July 5, 2018:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka

For Lancaster to be a better place, it needs two strong political parties. Up until now, the Republican Party has not been very strong, and has to change before Lancaster can become a better place. As long as the Republican Party is run by the same old closed patronage bunch, only watching out for their own wallets and perks, the Republican Party will continue to lose elections, and Lancaster will not reach its full potential.

The Republican Party should not tell the taxpayers and residents what their problems are. It needs to hear those problems directly from the people themselves, and then to offer solutions. The Republicans can do that by creating a way for the people of Lancaster, not just Republicans, but all people, to speak their minds directly to the Party, and to voice their concerns, express their ideas, and to make their suggestions, and have the party seriously listen to them.

It is simple, no more campaigns based on BS soundbites and old boy interests. It is time that the Republican Party hear the people, and address their concerns with platforms and candidates who will put the people of Lancaster first, and then, to stand by and fully support those candidates.

The political hot shots will not make Lancaster a better place, only the good people of Lancaster can do that. But, the Republican Party can help by representing the needs of the people of Lancaster, first and always.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Not blindly supporting a party, its patronage, or its leaders is foundational to Sojka's philosophy. His words, July 5, 2018:
    Speaking for myself, I don't vote for the leadership. I vote for the candidate

Georgia L Schlager

Speaking for myself, I don't vote for the leadership. I vote for the candidate
    Exactly.

You must be a closet Sojka supporter, because his leadership encourages that candidates be selected on the basis of who will best serve the needs of the people of the community, without strict adherence to party label.

This new Republican Party under Sojka reaches out to all of the people, to hear their needs, concerns, ideas, and their vision for a better Lancaster. Again, Sojka, July 5, 2018:

The Republican Party should not tell the taxpayers and residents what their problems are. It needs to hear those problems directly from the people themselves, and then to offer solutions. The Republicans can do that by creating a way for the people of Lancaster, not just Republicans, but all people, to speak their minds directly to the Party, and to voice their concerns, express their ideas, and to make their suggestions, and have the party seriously listen to them.
    Criminees Gorja, I didn't think you and Greg had so much in common.

Ya, that is an opening for you to mention something about a certain lady, and I am going to say that "I don't like either candidate..."

Anyway, we are together on Ms. Diane, or do I presume too much?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 17th, 2019 at 04:03 AM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    his leadership encourages that candidates be selected on the basis of who will best serve the needs of the people of the community, without strict adherence to party label.
    That's a laugh and a half. So he picks a person who likes to increase taxes and best serves the people of the village not the town.

Georgia L Schlager

That's a laugh and a half. So he picks a person who likes to increase taxes and best serves the people of the village not the town.
    Sojka did not pick the candidates; the Lancaster Town Republican Committee, under Sojka's new leadership did. To wit:

(1) The Lancaster Republican Party picked a candidate who, in its opinion, cast a prudent vote to give to the Town Council powers, that in the event that taxes needed to be raised, for exigent reasons, it could act quickly, and in the best interests of the Town.

Those contingency powers were never applied, and taxes were never raised.

(2) Moreover, I understand that the Lancaster Town Republican Committee selected a candidate whom it viewed, would serve the overall best interests of the Town of Lancaster and all of its component villages and hamlets, and NOT the political interests of the Erie County Democrat political machine, and/or the personal wallets of its component power holders.

Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 17th, 2019 at 08:48 AM.

Are all parties backing Bruso?
    There doesn't seem to be anything out there except the Dems of who is being backed for Erie county legislative 8th district.

Georgia L Schlager

At that same meeting, https://cloudup.com/c8SbA43zqGg at 1:22:49, I asked the board about the status of the ZBA appointment in which Deborah Lemaster had applied for.
    Councilman Ruffino stated that no one would second his resolution with no comment from the "Conservative" Gaczewski.

Bingo gorja, I was about to post that information. I am 100% behind you, I feel this was a mistake in giving Dawn the Republican & Conservative endorsement. Dawn did not support Deb Lemaster on this, and I also heard that she was initially supportive but changed her mind. Why? Because Ron Ruffino stated that they were going in a "different direction."

OMG, people call me a flip flopper. You and the conservatives are doing a pretty good job of it yourselves
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ts-coordinator

And this from 2016, but it was Ron and Matt, not John and Matt
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1672341
    gorja again, I totally agree with you. The Conservative & Republican Party are flip-floppers.

You don't get it.
    I would vote for anyone against Dawn for all the reasons of the past few years including what she did to you and your wife.
    ****, I'd vote for Sojka over Gaczewski
    I agree with you here too!

I do get it Gorja, and I know that you feel very passionately, and I respect that.

Above all, I thank you for all of your personal support over the years.

This is a race where I wish that there was one, virtuous alternative to both of these characters, and you know exactly who I mean.

No, I'm not supportive of either candidate, but, I really, and I'm not kidding, need to do some soul searching here. I do not like the stories of County Democrats allegedly coming in and taking over the town Party like some sort of Brownshirts.

If that story is true, and I emphasize if, My God, what have we come to as a community?
    Mark with what you and your family went through with Dawn G. and her boyfriend a few years back and the Pantry should be enough to NOT support this endorsed candidate. She is still that same person. I saw how she flipped flopped to serve herself in getting what she needed to get to win an election.

Sojka did not pick the candidates; the Lancaster Town Republican Committee, under Sojka's new leadership did. To wit:

(1) The Lancaster Republican Party picked a candidate who, in its opinion, cast a prudent vote to give to the Town Council powers, that in the event that taxes needed to be raised, for exigent reasons, it could act quickly, and in the best interests of the Town.

Those contingency powers were never applied, and taxes were never raised.

(2) Moreover, I understand that the Lancaster Town Republican Committee selected a candidate whom it viewed, would serve the overall best interests of the Town of Lancaster and all of its component villages and hamlets, and NOT the political interests of the Erie County Democrat political machine, and/or the personal wallets of its component power holders.

Unfortunately Mark, we know how this process works. Sojka wants and Sojka gets by making sure the votes are there. He is instrumental in her garnering the endorsement. It surprises me considering her liberal voting record which is in conflict with her Conservative "supposed" values.

Ah, to presume.

Any information on why, and how, Diane Terranova, a very well qualified Town Clerk was cast aside in favor of someone that the Erie County Democrat hacks preferred?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Mark with what you and your family went through with Dawn G. and her boyfriend a few years back and the Pantry should be enough to NOT support this endorsed candidate. She is still that same person. I saw how she flipped flopped to serve herself in getting what she needed to get to win an election.
    Exactly where and when did I make a comment of specific, active support? I think I have not.

I have repeatedly said that at this point in time, I am NEUTRAL in the Supervisor's race. That, for the last time is my current position in the Supervisor's race. And, to put a finer point on that comment, I reserve the right to reassess my position, and support either Mrs. Gaczewski or her opponent in the future.

Lest all lose focus, and out of an over abundance of clarity, this is the definition of "Neutral:"

neu·tral
    /ˈn(y)o͞otrəl/Submit
    adjective
    not helping or supporting either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.; impartial.
    In that connection, I have criticized Ruffino's opponent extensively in the past. Those comments are a matter of record.

Frankly, and it almost pains me to say this, Mrs. Gaczewski, as Council Member, for the most part, and IMHO, has done what I consider to be an overall competent job in her elected office. Moreover, as far as I know, she was not responsible for a $2,000,000 boondoggle, hung on the Lancaster taxpayer.

Ruffino on the other hand, as Council Member, has done a number of things over the last sixteen (16) plus years that I did not, and do not, like.

Therefore, from the vantage point of a neutral, I hold that it would be entirely unfair of me, to let sit my numerous criticisms of Ruffino's opponent, to the exclusion of calling attention to Ruffino's record which I find, in some areas, very distasteful.

I am trying to be fair, along the lines "What is good for the goose..."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 18th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

Will Diane Terranova be able to be placed on the Democrat ballot during the primary if she gathers the signatures?

From the county election site-

Does that mean that Diane or Dawn cannot circulate petitions for those endorsed by the republican candidates?
    Good question. Terranova can circulate for the Dem's because she is a registered Democrat. But is her plan to primary for the Democrat line? She would be stupid not to. If she wins the primary, she wins the election. No, Dawn cannot circulate for the Republicans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information