Thread: Cheekman?!?! - Signal Timing

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cheekman?!?! - Signal Timing

You seem to know what was going on with our town signal timing. I noticed it came up on facebook.

Can you give use the history of who originally was responsible for that and what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You seem to know what was going on with our town signal timing. I noticed it came up on facebook.

Can you give use the history of who originally was responsible for that and what happened?
    what do u mean happened
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Was it ever under control and timed properly? In the past wasn't signal timing part of the police department or always under highway?

Was it ever under control and timed properly? In the past wasn't signal timing part of the police department or always under

highway?
    the cops ran that dept for a long time. I really don't know the whole story behind the switch most say zack cried about it and wanted it gone. like Tonawanda, the cops run that dept just like it should be. traffic is run by the cops not by the three stooges in the town highway. Amherst the same way they stuck that dept in the highway. everyone thinks the state runs every signal in this area false. the state now cant keep up with that work and contract a lot of that work out now. so if the town cant keep up with their work get someone that can fix it. takea ride down dick road some day you will pull your hair out of your head sitting at a bunch of signals screwed up. Depew is no better with the signals they own in the village.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Doesn't anyone know of a company in the state we could hire to do this? If it was done what real difference would it make?

Doesn't anyone know of a company in the state we could hire to do this? If it was done what real difference would it make?
    Better traffic flow, less fuel wasted, less time wasted.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder how much the "consulting" fee would be from a qualified third party company specializing in signal timing.

I wonder how much the "consulting" fee would be from a qualified third party company specializing in signal timing.
    My idea would go a step further. Design a system that uses google traffic (because it uses real time traffic data from cell phone gps). It would allow the lights to automatically adjust depending on the data. The signal lights could be controlled by an old smart phone or a inexpensive rasberry Pi as it would not need much computer power, each signal would have one and be tied into the system. That could also be monitored by police dispatch like they do now with the traffic cameras in town.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    My idea would go a step further. Design a system that uses google traffic (because it uses real time traffic data from cell phone gps). It would allow the lights to automatically adjust depending on the data. The signal lights could be controlled by an old smart phone or a inexpensive rasberry Pi as it would not need much computer power, each signal would have one and be tied into the system. That could also be monitored by police dispatch like they do now with the traffic cameras in town.
    Well find a town of our size who may have implemented that. Sometimes people over complicate what they are trying to do. I think having things timed once and slightly adjusted as needed would be fine in this case.

How many traffic lights does the town have?

Think of the logistics to implement that.

Keep it simple.

Well find a town of our size who may have implemented that. Sometimes people over complicate what they are trying to do. I think having things timed once and slightly adjusted as needed would be fine in this case.

How many traffic lights does the town have?

Think of the logistics to implement that.

Keep it simple.
    It should be simpler to implement then the current system that involves manual timing each signal for different traffic flows 24/7.

I did a google search and found someone is already onto this idea. Now to read it... https://res.mdpi.com/data/data-03-00...=&attachment=1

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I've watched too many businesses and people just over complicate the most simplest if tasks. The most successful people are those who keep it simple in the end. I've witnessed this over 36 years.

The current way of timing is not simple and prone to human error....Dick rd signal timing is the perfect testament to that.

Thread Information