Thread: We did it! - ecdems.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin

We did it! - ecdems.com

Dear Fellow New Yorker,

In December, I promised to sign the Reproductive Health Act into law within the first 30 days of the Legislative Session.

Today, on the 46th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade ruling, I am happy to report that we delivered on that promise.

With the Reproductive Health Act now enacted, a woman’s right to make personal decisions about her own reproductive health will be protected in New York State — no matter what the federal government or the Supreme Court do in the future.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#202020][FONT=&amp]I want to extend my gratitude to the fierce advocates who have fought alongside us during this long battle for women's reproductive rights — we couldn’t have accomplished this without you.

And a special thank you to everyone who signed our petition. Your voice had an impact.

But we’re not done yet. I propose we amend the New York State Constitution to enshrine Roe v. Wade into law for all future generations and settle this issue once and for all.

Watch and share our RHA video.

Today we celebrate, and I hope you’ll continue to stand with me in the many fights ahead.

Ever Upward,

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Long-stalled abortion bill passes New York Legislature

ALBANY – New York lawmakers Tuesday authorized the most sweeping set of protections to the state’s abortion laws in 49 years, raising emotions from advocates and opponents who descended on the state Capitol for most of the day.

The Reproductive Health Act, blocked for years when Republicans controlled the State Senate, easily passed both Democratic-controlled houses.

The measure, which Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo quickly signed into law Tuesday night, was pushed through by Democrats who now control both legislative houses. The Senate passed it 38-24. In the Assembly, it passed by a 92-47 margin.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/22/l...k-legislature/

Odd. The Buffalo News closed the comment section.

Thread Information