Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ingersoll Rand threatens to end manufacturing at Cheektowaga plant

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's not good to the area what ever the reason is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Their Corporate HQ and other Facilities are in NC. Geographic consolidation has merit especially when dealing with logistics of part deliveries, workforce etc....

It still sucks.

It's a little bit of everything that stacked the deck against this plant. Everything from the location of their HQ and other facilities to costs of doing business in NYS (taxes + unions) made the decision to close this plant an easy one. If you notice, they are keeping the non-union technology positions in the area. It's just moving the union labor work to Mocksville, N.C. where the benefits are plenty.

What is absolute here is this has nothing to do with Trump and Higgins is a hack for suggesting it. But he is owned by labor so his actions are expected.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Any union member really can't complain. I'm pretty sure union members have shopped online to save a buck or two with Amazon. I don't see why they have an issue when other people do it when it comes to operating their businesses

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I read on Jim's blog that the town board is going to do everything we can to help you keep your jobs here in Cheektowaga.

So what could they do.... There is $200,000 in taxes to work with. In the end I don't think we should discount that unless we discount taxes for every business in town.

They could make a pitch about all the services the town has to offer and then compare that to other locations they were thinking about.

What do you think Dan and Electric?

Let's say you were all on the town board. You just read about this in the paper and you guys have a work session that week.

What do you think the suggestions would be to keep the company?

I would like to also hear cheekman's response as well.. And Lefty's.

Think about it before you answer. Or not.

I can't wait to hear what our town board comes up with.

I sort of have skin in the game. They have used one of our companies since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I read on Jim's blog that the town board is going to do everything we can to help you keep your jobs here in Cheektowaga.

So what could they do.... There is $200,000 in taxes to work with. In the end I don't think we should discount that unless we discount taxes for every business in town.

They could make a pitch about all the services the town has to offer and then compare that to other locations they were thinking about.

What do you think Dan and Electric?

Let's say you were all on the town board. You just read about this in the paper and you guys have a work session that week.

What do you think the suggestions would be to keep the company?

I would like to also hear cheekman's response as well.. And Lefty's.

Think about it before you answer. Or not.

I can't wait to hear what our town board comes up with.

I sort of have skin in the game. They have used one of our companies since the 90's.
    I would suggest the unions give some concessions, the town goes to the county and the state for aid. The town cannot and should not do it as they are already over extending themselves and that is a contributing factor in Cheektowaga being the highest taxed tow in the county.

In reality it is water over the dam. To little was done in the past to cut taxes and we will see more of this in the future.

Taxes are what it is all about Federal, State and Local.

This is why they are based in Ireland "Ingersoll Rand, based in Ireland and headquartered in the United States in Davidson, North Carolina"

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Taxes are what it is all about Federal, State and Local.

This is why they are based in Ireland "Ingersoll Rand, based in Ireland and headquartered in the United States in Davidson, North Carolina"
    http://fortune.com/2014/07/07/top-tax-avoiders/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    I would suggest the unions give some concessions, the town goes to the county and the state for aid. The town cannot and should not do it as they are already over extending themselves and that is a contributing factor in Cheektowaga being the highest taxed tow in the county.

In reality it is water over the dam. To little was done in the past to cut taxes and we will see more of this in the future.
    I wonder what number would have to be hit for the company to stay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information