Thread: I heard a family who's dog was mauled by another dog is suing us.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I heard a family who's dog was mauled by another dog is suing us.

Which home owners were involved with this issue? Shouldn't the lawsuit go against the group that has managed our town for decades?

I had nothing to do with this as did 10000's of other home/business owners in cheektowaga.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Which home owners were involved with this issue? Shouldn't the lawsuit go against the group that has managed our town for decades?

I had nothing to do with this as did 10000's of other home/business owners in cheektowaga.
    From experience as a landlord...laws in NY State are very liberal...I know,I had a tenant whose adult daughter take a rescue dog her mother had for a walk...and NOT even on my property..but a public street, when a adult tried to pet the leashed dog... it nipped the person in the hand, Bflo Police were called, and ambulance also, then I get a letter a few weeks later from a downtown atty(or ambulance chaser) notifying
    me of a lawsuit because I allowed my 82 year old tenant harbor a vicious dog...an adopted rescue dog...I may add. Allstate paid out $9000.00 to get the lawsuit off the books.. I owned the property for 24 years at the time ,and had Allstate Ins for 24 years..NEVER filed a claim!
    When I found out, because Allstate NEVER notified me of the status of this claim...I called the claim adjuster and complained ...2 weeks later THEY DROPPED ME! Ya...you're in good hands with Allstate Ins!!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

This is the Borden rd case that’s been in the news. I feel sorry for the people but they had to take some responsibility also, I’m sure they’ll get something out of it

Maybe it’s time for people to ask courts to allow someone to intervene on behalf of the taxpayers who can request that any damages awarded be paid by the officials actually responsible instead of allowing them to pass the bill for their laziness, incompetence and irresponsibility on to the taxpayers. I’ve had this discussion with some friends in Amherst now that we have an absentee supervisor and a town board full of the likes of dopey Debbie Bucki.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    This is the Borden rd case that’s been in the news. I feel sorry for the people but they had to take some responsibility also, I’m sure they’ll get something out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Maybe it’s time for people to ask courts to allow someone to intervene on behalf of the taxpayers who can request that any damages awarded be paid by the officials actually responsible instead of allowing them to pass the bill for their laziness, incompetence and irresponsibility on to the taxpayers. I’ve had this discussion with some friends in Amherst now that we have an absentee supervisor and a town board full of the likes of dopey Debbie Bucki.
    I feel sorry for them also but not sorry enough to get sued. When anyone sues the "town" they are suing us. The home owners and business owners. None of us had anything to do with the issue.

Exactly what Grump said. Make those in power have some accountability for what they do.

The lawyer will go after as many as they can to get as much money as they can, they know they will get something because it cost so much to defend and the town is self insured so it is EASY money for the attorney.

Thread Information