Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I guess the primary will be Diane against Ray

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So I guess the primary will be Diane against Ray

So Ray Jablonski filed the paperwork based on the paperwork submitted.

At this point in time at least for the Dem Primary it would be in us property owner's best interest to get Diane over Ray.

From what someone told me Ray is the VP of one of the Unions. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So Ray Jablonski filed the paperwork based on the paperwork submitted.

At this point in time at least for the Dem Primary it would be in us property owner's best interest to get Diane over Ray.

From what someone told me Ray is the VP of one of the Unions. Correct?
    Why would it be best for her to win? She’s shown she can’t control costs or reduce taxes

She formed the CBAC and has put millions in cuts in the supervisor budget, unfortunately, the unions collective bargaining agreements have eaten those savings up and then some in EVERY budget she has submitted as supervisor, then you have the other 7 people on the board that add stuff like $220k heated sewer trucks and more

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Why would it be best for her to win? She’s shown she can’t control costs or reduce taxes
    I'm comparing who we currently have running in the primary. Diane versus Ray "RV" Jablonski

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    She formed the CBAC and has put millions in cuts in the supervisor budget, unfortunately, the unions collective bargaining agreements have eaten those savings up and then some in EVERY budget she has submitted as supervisor, then you have the other 7 people on the board that add stuff like $220k heated sewer trucks and more
    Electric..... I need to high five you next time I see you. A person on the "our cheektowaga group" said you wanted to privatize every thing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm not defending Diane in any way. I'm not happy she is Vice Chair what ever for the ecdems.com but I will say this. We need to work within the "rules" we have to operate under. Rules that need to be changed for our best interest.

I think it's time to be more vocal on how our town is ran. I notice I hit a nerve in the "Our Cheektowaga Community" face book page.

First I thought I just had a warped way of looking at how the town operates but didn't realize how many people see it how I see it.

And lets have good thoughts for Ricky Bobbie. It's bowling night.

We don't need two union heads running our town. Diane cut costs by $700,000 her first year in office and $750,000 her second year in office. I can't find the article about her third year in office, but she's stayed under the 2% tax cap ever year.

https://www.cheektowagabee.com/artic...-for-tax-drop/
    "Taxpayers in the Town of Cheektowaga could be paying a bit less in 2017, if Supervisor Diane Benczkowski’s tentative budget passes the Town Board and public’s muster.

The 2017 tentative budget, which totals $89.9 million, about $144,000 less than 2016, was submitted to the Cheektowaga Town Clerk on Friday, and the board was presented with copies at Monday’s board meeting.

The tentative budget would decrease the average tax bill on a property assessed at $100,000 to just shy of $1,605, a tax rate decrease of 1.64 percent, about $26.67 per year, compared to 2016. According to Benczkowski’s message included with the tentative budget, 2017 taxes would be equivalent to 2009 levels, if passed.

Benczkowski, who made slashing taxes a centerpiece during her campaign for the supervisor’s office, said the tax decrease in the tentative budget represents the initial step in chipping away at Cheektowaga’s taxes, which are some of the highest in the county."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We don't need two union heads running our town. Diane cut costs by $700,000 her first year in office and $750,000 her second year in office. I can't find the article about her third year in office, but she's stayed under the 2% tax cap ever year.
    As a town we always need to strive to do better.

The 2017 tentative budget, which totals $89.9 million, about $144,000 less than 2016, was submitted to the Cheektowaga Town Clerk on Friday, and the board was presented with copies at Monday’s board meeting.

The tentative budget would decrease the average tax bill on a property assessed at $100,000 to just shy of $1,605, a tax rate decrease of 1.64 percent, about $26.67 per year, compared to 2016. According to Benczkowski’s message included with the tentative budget, 2017 taxes would be equivalent to 2009 levels, if passed.

Some data is missing. How can we see a decrease of 1.64% if the budget is only $144,000 less out of $89.9 million?

As a town we always need to strive to do better.

Some data is missing. How can we see a decrease of 1.64% if the budget is only $144,000 less out of $89.9 million?
    I think the article is talking about an average tax bill and is saying there would be a 1.64% decrease on the TAX RATE on a home assessed at $100,000.

As a CBAC member for the past 3 budgets, I think any increase is less then desirable. but without more cuts and or concessions by the unions it can't be done. Ask Stan...we played "tennis" quite often as I tried for bigger cuts then the rest of the group. The projected budget numbers for 2019 and the math told me we needed to cut 15.6% from the section of budget the CBAC was tasked with looking at and making recommendations.

The group eventually voted on recommending 15% in cuts for 2019. It is important to know this was not cuts to the entire budget as we had no say over collective bargaining agreements. I was trying to get a zero cost budget and that means we would have had to cut $2.9mil to offset the increases which were mainly from the union wages and min wage increases plus taxes.

The CBAC voted to recommend 15% or $2.5mi in cuts, so we did not quite get to zero.

Electric..... I need to high five you next time I see you. A person on the "our cheektowaga group" said you wanted to privatize every thing.
    The reason they threw me out of that town employee run group.

I would not rule it out. I would look at it and make sure it was going to save money and I'm not talking $10k savings, but huge saving. I would do it.

I would not rule it out. I would look at it and make sure it was going to save money and I'm not talking $10k savings, but huge saving. I would do it.

I thought that sanitation would be a good start, but after seeing Lancaster’s new contract I’m not so sure. If there’s only minimal savings but a reduction in service then I wouldn’t think it’s worth it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I thought that sanitation would be a good start, but after seeing Lancaster’s new contract I’m not so sure. If there’s only minimal savings but a reduction in service then I wouldn’t think it’s worth it.
    And this is how it needs to be reviewed. You also have to know who's doing the negotiating. I didn't follow along the Lancaster thread to know who actually negotiated in the towns behalf.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

That group can't hold that against you. If your job was to look out for the well being of the town and the property owners you would continuously look how to supply good services at realistic prices. You would have a responsibility to actually do it and not just send out mailers acting like you have been all along.

The group in general has to take into consideration the property owners well being not just their own. A lot of old timers in town tend to bring up property taxes and the over all condition of the town.

That group can't hold that against you. If your job was to look out for the well being of the town and the property owners you would continuously look how to supply good services at realistic prices. You would have a responsibility to actually do it and not just send out mailers acting like you have been all along.

The group in general has to take into consideration the property owners well being not just their own. A lot of old timers in town tend to bring up property taxes and the over all condition of the town.
    They can't? but they did, so I started my own facebook group. 75K residents and only 400 some employees, we should not allow the employees to have more power then the resident, the residents just need to get off their butts and vote!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information