Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town of Cheektowaga facing lawsuit

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    Your last question is a question I'd love to get a answer on? Nothing like a elected official not thinking for themselves..
    That was pretty lame.

Cheektowaga that is a great question. Why is she on the board? She attacked Diane for years now they are best friends hmm strange. She doesn’t think for herself and then rudely answers residents questions.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Centorial1977 View Post
    Cheektowaga that is a great question. Why is she on the board? She attacked Diane for years now they are best friends hmm strange. She doesn’t think for herself and then rudely answers residents questions.
    That's not what I meant. I just wondered why she's on the town board.

So let's get back to why this post was started in the first place..we the town are getting sued and our supervisor has been named specifically in the lawsuit. Why would she go against the town board that voted to approve this permit, and try and derail it? What is the point of a board or voting anymore if our supervisor is gonna the vote?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    So let's get back to why this post was started in the first place..we the town are getting sued and our supervisor has been named specifically in the lawsuit. Why would she go against the town board that voted to approve this permit, and try and derail it? What is the point of a board or voting anymore if our supervisor is gonna the vote?
    Between things today I'll read the PDF. Which section specifically said what action was taken to derail the project?

Initially, the Town expressed interest in leasing Town property at 500-800

however, after Blue Wireless invested substantial time and money into developing the Losson Road Site, the Town reversed course and advised Blue Wireless that it no longer was interested in leasing Town-owned land. As a result, Blue Wireless restarted its due diligence to locate another suitable location to address the coverage gap.
    How much was that amount? Is it for the amount the town is being sued for?

“pretextually and illegally requested exorbitant rental rates”
    It's mentioned $1800 a month plus $350 per each company that would use the tower.

I don't think that is exorbitant. I know what I was offered to have a tower placed on property we have in Florida. You are locking up a rather large piece of property for a tower. The contract we were sent stated a 50 year lease.

Jim mentioned in his article Verizon pays $3000 each year to house a Verizon "micro-cell" site on their property. Are we comparing apples to oranges?

Town of Cheektowaga and Supervisor Diane Benczkowski
    How is the "town" involved in this? I could see the managing company "The Cheektowaga Democratic Party" being at fault but that is about it. I bet if I visited 20 home owners on my street not one of them were involved in this or even know this was going on.

The town is involved cause its the Town of Cheektowaga...Not hard to figure out. Our supervisor is named based on "Misrepresentation, deception, and other improper conduct" (if you read the article). Maybe she did, maybe she didnt but she is specifically named in the lawsuit, and im sure more to follow..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    "Misrepresentation, deception, and other improper conduct"
    Exactly what was it?

Us property owners can easily sue the "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" on misrepresentation and deception based off of the past campaign mailers they sent out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information