Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planning board member opening

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    In light of its past performances, especially 2013 and 2015, one thing that this new Republican Party must understand is that the Lancaster Democrat machine is a formidable opponent, and is very capable in the arts of deception, public manipulation, and false flags.

The Democrats will fight savagely, and the Republicans must be prepared for, and game against, every possibility.
    I have found over the last couple election cycles that it was the Republican Party who were the masters of the arts of deception and false information

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I have found over the last couple election cycles that it was the Republican Party who were the masters of the arts of deception and false information
    You can post that ridiculous 2017 Republican budget mailer all you want, but that will not excuse the fact that seemingly, the Democrats, for decades, with their sleazy "guilt- by- association" tactics and politics of personal destruction have not only destroyed political ambitions, but personal lives Gorja, and there is a huge difference between the two.

This new Republican leadership was not responsible for that feeble 2017 budget mailer, which I believe may have been the product of the same inept NYS/Erie County group that gave us the illustrated Centinello 2018 gem that threw Marc Molinaro under a bus by conceding he was not going to win, WEEKS before the election.

Fifty-five years is a long time Gorja, and that is how long the Lancaster Republican Party, possibly in part with its own complicity, has been used as a doormat.

I have been impressed by what I have seen from this new Lancaster Republican leadership and organization which came to power late in the 2018 campaign, and I have great expectations from them in 2019.

Centinello 2 (1).jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 1st, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

mark blazejewski;1847425]You can post that ridiculous 2017 Republican budget mailer all you want, but that will not excuse the fact that seemingly, the Democrats, for decades, with their sleazy "guilt- by- association" tactics and politics of personal destruction have not only destroyed political ambitions, but personal lives Gorja, and there is a huge difference between the two.
    That budget mailer was sad and showed how inept the town and county Republican leadership teams were. The town Democratic Party has been the poster child for personal destruction politics for decades. Both parties need to do an about face.

This new Republican leadership was not responsible for that feeble 2017 budget mailer, which I believe may have been the product of the same inept NYS/Erie County group that gave us the illustrated Centinello 2018 gem that threw Marc Molinaro under a bus by conceding he was not going to win, WEEKS before the election.
    That was a sad situation as well; the Erie County Republican Party dropped the ball again and used Centinello as a sacrificial lamb.

Fifty-five years is a long time Gorja, and that is how long the Lancaster Republican Party, possibly in part with its own complicity, has been used as a doormat.
    Complicity indeed. In the last twenty years the Town’s Republican Party, under the leadership of the past three Chairman and the influence of Ralph Mohr have gained only 4 elective seats.

I have been impressed by what I have seen from this new Lancaster Republican leadership and organization which came to power late in the 2018 campaign, and I have great expectations from them in 2019.
    I have no idea what leads you to be impressed by the new leadership and organization. Until such time the Republican Party announces its endorsed candidates and political platform, I personally see no reason at this time to hold ‘great expectations’.

This election year has three town board seats open. Either party picking up two seats takes control. There are enough issues at hand that should override the personal attack tactic; issues like budget spending, the rising debt, the refuse contract, the dog control operation debacle, infrastructure needs, Comprehensive Plan / zoning code changes, union contract negotiation outcomes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

I have no idea what leads you to be impressed by the new leadership and organization.
    Strictly through observing Mr. C., this new party, as illustrated in the 2018 local election, appeared to be much better organized in terms of social media, rapid response, sign distribution, and get-out-the-vote efforts.

Also, although not on directly on the watch of the new leadership, those new actors were highly involved and instrumental in a rather successful fundraising effort this past summer.

No doubt, Jeremy Colby was an outstanding candidate, and, thank God, remains a superb judge for Lancaster. His presence, persistence, commitment, and talents certainly played a key role in his own victory.

But, bear in mind that Judge Colby also had at his disposal, a committed, hard working, independent group behind him. This group was significantly assembled, organized, and fostered by the new leadership. That was a broad and spirited effort that I personally never seen before.

Also, I would be remiss if I did not note the outstanding efforts of the Conservative Party Leadership under Mr. Gallo and Conservative Chairperson Debbie Lemaster, who seemed to work in joyful harmony with the new Lancaster Town Republican leadership.

If some former Republican candidates had that type of support and effort behind them, I think some previous election outcomes may have been far different.

Just my perspective.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 1st, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

Time will tell

Georgia L Schlager

Time will tell
    Exactly Gorja.

Time will tell

Indeed! At this time all else is mere speculation.

I would be very surprised if either major party did not endorse at least one female candidate for the three open town board seats.

Maybe because Amatura's term isn't up until two following election cycles in 2021
    Yeah he is in the next election cycle. And it would be a good time for the new Chairperson in the Republican Party to NOT cross endorse him. Sometimes, it is a good idea to make some changes, Armatura has been in that position way too long. I hear he has been getting a bit too complacent in his role. The new guard in the Republican Party has new ideas and more dedication. Their goal is to be solely focused on their candidates and I think they plan on being "all in." Not reflective of the past where Mohr and Langworthy pulled the strings in Lancaster. Give these people a break and see what they can do. The best thing they can do is find a qualified candidate to replace Armatura.

Abraham will not step in, his ego was so damaged that he will not step in as the Deputy Supervisor because he does not have that guarantee of support from the Democratic Party. Remember, Terry's in charge and Ronny Giza.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    ... The new guard in the Republican Party has new ideas and more dedication... Give these people a break and see what they can do.
    Based on my observations, my thoughts exactly Shortstuff.

Originally posted by shortstuff:
    ... The new guard in the Republican Party has new ideas and more dedication... Give these people a break and see what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Based on my observations, my thoughts exactly Shortstuff.
    Again, I'll say, time will tell.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by shortstuff:
    Yeah he is in the next election cycle. And it would be a good time for the new Chairperson in the Republican Party to NOT cross endorse him. Sometimes, it is a good idea to make some changes, Armatura has been in that position way too long. I hear he has been getting a bit too complacent in his role. The best thing they can do is find a qualified candidate to replace Armatura.
    I totally disagree with this. Amatura has been doing a great job. And yes, shortie, it is just my humble opinion.

Georgia L Schlager

I totally disagree with this. Amatura has been doing a great job. And yes, shortie, it is just my humble opinion.

I agree gorja.

I'm not saying he isn't doing a "good" job. Great was when he was there early in his tenure, now he is complacent. The complaints on Danny has increased. Based on his complacency he is not as diligent. Also he does not show up for the town board meetings, because he can't tolerate Johanna tells me he is unable to play nice in the sandbox. I think it's time for new blood all around. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Also he does not show up for the town board meetings
    Mr Amatura attended the last three board meetings.

Georgia L Schlager

Because of my mistaken claim that Amatura was up for re-election in 2019, and apology / retraction, Amatura has become a baseless election focus. That said, I agree with Gorga that Amatura deserved to be re-elected in 2016 and continues to serve the community well.

Since I am physically unable to attend town board meetings Gorja has become my eyes and ears in clarifying town meeting recordings – and is one but a few attendees who dares to question the board on town operations.

More importantly, I congratulate Gorja (Georgia Schlager) on her appointment to the newly established Comprehensive Plan Implementation Committee (“the Committee”) effective January 7, 2019 as follows:

1. The Committee shall be advisory only. Members shall serve on the Committee without pay.

2. The Committee shall consist of seven (7) members and be comprised of Town Officials, a community representative, and an Erie County representative, all of whom shall be residents of the Town of Lancaster.

3. The Town Board hereby determines that the Committee shall consist of the following and hereby appoints the following persons: (a) the Town Code Enforcement Officer, currently Matthew Fischione; (b) the Town Engineer, currently Edward M. Schiller; (c) the Town Attorney, currently Kevin E. Loftus; (d) a member of the Town Board, currently Dawn Gaczewski; (e) a member of the Town Planning Board, currently Kristin McCracken; (f) a community representative, Georgia Schlager; and (g) an Erie County representative, to be appointed by the Town Board at a later date.

Georgia, IMHO, you compliment a committee made of very capable and committed individuals interested in the best interests in the community. Thanks for your time and commitment!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information