Thread: New Era says tariffs weren't factor in plant closure, but Higgins isn't sure

Tony Fracasso - Admin

New Era says tariffs weren't factor in plant closure, but Higgins isn't sure

New Era says tariffs weren't factor in plant closure, but Higgins isn't sure

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/14/n...box=1542225412

The guy that runs the place states:

But the company now says Trump's tariffs on consumer goods made in China – which went into effect on Sept. 24 – had nothing to do with its proposal to shutter its local factory.
    But then we have Brian Higgins

The company never even mentioned tariffs in announcing the plant's closure. But Higgins said he still believes Trump's tariffs did no good for the Derby facility. "One way or another, there appears to be a connection," he said.
    So Brian knows more than the people who operate the plant?

But Higgins said he still believes Trump's tariffs did no good for the Derby facility.
    Why doesn't Brian look at Cuomo and the practices of the NYS/local democratic party to find what is really "no good" for local businesses?

WNY, High talker Higgins is an absolute dope. When he was in the state Assembly he was a laughing stock among the Democratic majority. He couldn’t accomplish anything and he voted to oust Shelly Silver because he, himself, was inept. Now he’s in the House and he’s just as incompetent so wants to oust Pelosi. Outside the editorial offices of the Buffalo News and at the Democratic Party public relations office known locally as Channel 2 News the guy is largely considered a dope. And it’s no wonder given the fact he sounds like an 8 year old when he talks.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I simply can't believe that. Why would the ecdems.com support him for so many years if that was the case?

What a reach by Higgins to try and blame this on Trump. If the tariffs on consumer goods made in China are a problem...the last thing you do is move production from the US to China and take on the tariffs.

There are a couple of things at play here. I have no doubt the labor costs here are much higher than any other location. Only MLB cares where the hat is made. The taxes to run a business there are also much higher, even with potential tariffs, than any other location. Labor Costs + High Taxes = Leaving NYS. It's the same freaking song yet idiots like Higgins want to say it's a different tune.

The only thing that is going to keep this plant open is for NYS to come up with such a package as to cancel out the labor costs and taxes. It's doubtful that will happen so they are leaving.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wow, tucker sees the Amazon issue how I see it. Once the podcast it up I'll post it up.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Wow, tucker sees the Amazon issue how I see it. Once the podcast it up I'll post it up.
    This?

Here is the thing. New York (State and City) can say no. It's somewhat amusing that AOC blasts the idea of the breaks but doesn't actually go after who is giving those breaks. Cuomo is a Democrat. de Blasio is a Democrat. Van Bramer (NYC Council member) is a Democrat. The NYC City Council is a 47 - 4 majority for Democrats.

If the people in Queens have such an issue with this....why are their elected officials (who are all Democrats) not getting called out?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If the people in Queens have such an issue with this....why are their elected officials (who are all Democrats) not getting called out?
    Exactly.

This is why I think it's time to hold accountable the people who end up support this nonsense starting at the very bottom. Village and town board members who support the party that supports people like Cuomo and crew.

Stop with the bull**** that you don't support this or that yet come election time you are out full force at fund raisers, petitions, signs on lawns and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Exactly.

This is why I think it's time to hold accountable the people who end up support this nonsense starting at the very bottom. Village and town board members who support the party that supports people like Cuomo and crew.

Stop with the bull**** that you don't support this or that yet come election time you are out full force at fund raisers, petitions, signs on lawns and so on.

It's all talk. All of these Democrats want Amazon because it will generate more money to give away more.

Look, high talker Higgins certainly knows more about New Era Cap’s business than they know themselves. After all he’s never held a job that hasn’t involved sucking the public tit. All in all, a useless piece of junk!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Look, high talker Higgins certainly knows more about New Era Cap’s business than they know themselves. After all he’s never held a job that hasn’t involved sucking the public tit. All in all, a useless piece of junk!
    Here is my question.

Why do you see it that way... but Jeremy who leads the ecdems.com including countless volunteers see it differently?

WNY, I don’t see it that way...that’s the way it is. No one can point to any important initiative, local, state or federal, that he has led to a successful conclusion. As to why the Dems support him, look at the Dems. Do you really think any of them knows their ass from their elbow?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    WNY, I don’t see it that way...that’s the way it is. No one can point to any important initiative, local, state or federal, that he has led to a successful conclusion. As to why the Dems support him, look at the Dems. Do you really think any of them knows their ass from their elbow?
    If you ask any Dem they think they know their ass from their elbow.

I'll look at his website tomorrow. He must have a list of accomplishments

Thread Information