Thread: cotton candy mistaken for meth

Tony Fracasso - Admin

cotton candy mistaken for meth

Georgia woman who spent months in jail over cotton candy mistaken for meth sues police department

A woman in Georgia who spent three months in jail after police thought blue cotton candy in her car was methamphetamine due to a faulty drug test has now filed a federal lawsuit against officials who stopped her and the manufacturer of the test kits.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-w...ice-department

If we want to stop these mistakes we need to hold accountable the people involved.

"I want Monroe County to pay for what they did to me," she told WMAZ.
    Monroe County didn't do this. A group of police officers and the drug testing company are at fault including the people who didn't do a second test to confirm the results. The tax payers of Monroe County had nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Monroe County didn't do this. A group of police officers and the drug testing company are at fault including the people who didn't do a second test to confirm the results. The tax payers of Monroe County had nothing to do with this.

Ya, that's not how this works. I hope she takes home bank on this.

If the poor taxpayers of Monroe County have an issue with that, they can elect a different judge who won't set a $1 million bond on someone who clearly can't afford that and doesn't have a prior record.

If the poor taxpayers of Monroe County have an issue with that, they can push the police leadership out or increase the police budget to use better testing tools. These tests are known to be wrong but were still in use.

The taxpayers are not the victim here. Not even close.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm not saying the tax payers are the victims. I'm saying the tax payers are not at fault.

I'm not saying the tax payers are the victims. I'm saying the tax payers are not at fault.

The taxpayers are responsible for the actions of the town staff. So they do have something to do with this. Just like parents are responsible for their kids. Fault means little here.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No we are not. At least in my opinion. If we can not fire an employee or easily change out who provides service for our town/city/state we are not responsible. The organization who created the monopoly of services are. What about the political party who endorsed the person who made a stupid decision? Why are they not held responsible. REALLY RESPONSIBLE. Not We'll just vote them out... we'll show them.

Here is an example. Let's say an employee is sexually harassing another employee. As a property owner I don't approve of that as do countless other property owners. We get wind of it and demand the person be terminated. BUT NO.... the business that represents that person states we can't do that. We have to send them to sensitivity training or what ever. We call BS on that but are force to keep them on payroll. 2 months later they sexually harass someone else and they sue the "town". If the employee was rightfully fired when they should have been the lawsuit wouldn't have happened.

Do you at least see the point I'm trying to make?

No we are not. At least in my opinion. If we can not fire an employee or easily change out who provides service for our town/city/state we are not responsible. The organization who created the monopoly of services are. What about the political party who endorsed the person who made a stupid decision? Why are they not held responsible. REALLY RESPONSIBLE. Not We'll just vote them out... we'll show them.

Here is an example. Let's say an employee is sexually harassing another employee. As a property owner I don't approve of that as do countless other property owners. We get wind of it and demand the person be terminated. BUT NO.... the business that represents that person states we can't do that. We have to send them to sensitivity training or what ever. We call BS on that but are force to keep them on payroll. 2 months later they sexually harass someone else and they sue the "town". If the employee was rightfully fired when they should have been the lawsuit wouldn't have happened.

Do you at least see the point I'm trying to make?

You need to get out of Buffalo/WNY. The 'organization who created the monopoly of services' are the people who stay. Power is taken in inches....

Cheektowaga is Cheektowaga because those who live in Cheektowaga let it get that way and by staying in Cheektowaga...part of you is accepting of what happened. I know you have reasons, so maybe just adjust your expectations?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Cheektowaga is Cheektowaga because those who live in Cheektowaga let it get that way and by staying in Cheektowaga...part of you is accepting of what happened. I know you have reasons, so maybe just adjust your expectations?
    I think I'm going to be way more vocal about it come 2019

Thread Information