Thread: I figured I would humor Jim

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I figured I would humor Jim

On his facebook page he mentions the subway

https://www.facebook.com/james.rogow...13417188166493

Now that NFTA airs out a cheaper plan for the extension to Amherst, which is great. I aired out an extension with drawings ready for construction, to and for a NFTA extension to Cheektowaga. NOW IS THE TIME To START on THE CHEEKTOWAGA PLAN. On WKBW channel 7, I released a design of the Cheektowaga extension which will make it easy and cleaner for people to go to work, see a play, go to an event. THE CHEEKTOWAGA PLAN, (Transit Park and ride to the Airport to the Galleria, to Walden business to the East Side to downtown.
    NFTA proposes new, cheaper route for Metro Rail extension to Amherst

Transit planners have made major changes to the route of Metro Rail’s proposed extension to Amherst, hoping to significantly reduce the length of its underground section, expand economic development opportunities and save $200 million.Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority plans now call for northbound trains to exit University Station directly to Niagara Falls Boulevard rather than running beneath Bailey Avenue as part of the approximately 7-mile extension planned to the University at Buffalo’s North Campus and beyond. And instead of coming above ground through a portal near Northtowns Plaza, new plans call for trains to travel under Kenmore Avenue to surface on Niagara Falls Boulevard just north of Kenilworth Avenue.NFTA Executive Director Kimberley A. Minkel said the revised plans carry a price tag of about $1 billion, as opposed to $1.2 billion (in 2014 dollars), mainly because of the reduction of subway tunnel from almost 10,000 linear feet to about 3,900.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/20/n...on-to-amherst/

A $1 million study supporting the NFTA’s application to the Federal Transit Administration’s “New Starts” program predicted $1.7 billion in development along the entire route from downtown to Amherst, an increase in daily ridership from 20,000 to about 45,000 trips, and a $310 million increase in nearby property values that would raise tax revenues 32 percent for Buffalo and Amherst.
    Basically that is saying property along the route will pay more property taxes. Correct?

No thank you. How is that a positive for the people who own the property specially if they don't want to sell it? They just end up paying more.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder where the design is?

I don't know why we can run that puppy right down the center of the 33 to Union Road.

Then I want one of these where the 33 intersects with Union Road

This way we can then run a set of tracks right down the middle of Union Road towards the Galleria Mall.

But we are not going to stop there we are going to go straight to West Seneca. Yeah that's it.

Then we have track go down Union to Main Street with another one of those round abouts so we can lay track all the way to Amherst.

SO what do you think Grump?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    On his facebook page he mentions the subway

https://www.facebook.com/james.rogow...13417188166493

NFTA proposes new, cheaper route for Metro Rail extension to Amherst

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/20/n...on-to-amherst/

Basically that is saying property along the route will pay more property taxes. Correct?

No thank you. How is that a positive for the people who own the property specially if they don't want to sell it? They just end up paying more.

Did Main st in Buffalo flourish after the transit arrived? What was the net gain along that area?

so people along the route would have years of construction hassels to deal with (noise, ground vibrations, possibly blocked roads, etc) and then get to pay more in taxes afterwards.
    Although I'm not sure that their property values would go up.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Did Main st in Buffalo flourish after the transit arrived? What was the net gain along that area?
    That was bad. Many business folded up. BUT it doesn't make a difference. We needed a subway...

If I get around to it I have some news papers from the time that was being discussed. The amount of BS that was coming from supporters was astounding.

People like to throw around the term "Economic Impact". As soon as those words come out of their mouth a healthy slap in the face is in order

That is a joke.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    so people along the route would have years of construction hassels to deal with (noise, ground vibrations, possibly blocked roads, etc) and then get to pay more in taxes afterwards.
    Although I'm not sure that their property values would go up.
    I'm waiting to see Jim's plan. I want to see how I can connect it to the convention center I want.

I'd take a convention center long before a subway connection..

I wonder where the design is?

I don't know why we can run that puppy right down the center of the 33 to Union Road.
    NYC ran the JFK AirTrain right down the middle of the Van Wyck Expressway.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well that's way cool. I wonder how far apart each train car is.

Well that's way cool. I wonder how far apart each train car is.
    Its been 11 years since I rode it but if I recall it was every 15-20 minutes. The nice thing is it connects all JFK terminals with the NYC Subway and the Long Island Railroad.

Thread Information